Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Enoughs Enough
24-06-2013, 07:32 AM
RE: Enoughs Enough
At some point popsicle there needs to be a little bit of personal responsibility with the person having the reading.... I read myself, but even I wouldn't live my life based on what a psychic told me in a reading.... I see them as guides, as things that can and do show snippets of my future... but live your life by them in the way you are kinda implying.... well I don't think anyone can blame a psychic for their own wrong decisions... regardless of the reading

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2013, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 09:45 AM by Lucylonglegs.)
Hello. I've been reading this thread with interest.. I am a reader for a phone company myself and I would like to say a few words from a readers view..

Firstly.. When I read for a client I will always be honest as far as what I pick up..I don't sugar coat nor do I tell people what they want to hear.. It can be a hard job being a phone psychic as we get a variety of issues to guide people with anything in fact from a missing cat to remote viewing people that have gone missing..

Love is the big thing that callers want an answer too.. When an ex will come back etc.. If I don't see an ex coming back into the clients life I will be honest and tell them.. try to give that person guidance to move on and break the cords that bind..

I have made friends with some truly lovely people whom I read for, but quite often (and I do mean often..) I get people who are obsessive and will not take an honest reading.. By this I mean they want the sugarcoat reading.. Sometimes callers can be very abusive if a reader doesen't give the answer they were expecting.. I've had the phone slammed down on me.. Told I'm a useless psychic.. and this happens quite often because I refuse to give callers fake readings..

However, this comes with the job.. Abuse is something that crops up in most jobs when working with the public.. But often callers will thank me for my honesty which does make things worthwhile..

I do not make big money working for a phone company.. Most of the money goes to BT and Phone Pay Plus, so there are many drawbacks to this work.. A phone reader has to work unsociable hours.. In the early hours of the morning.. Sometimes we have to sit and wait for a call to come through, which can be very frustraiting.. which is why I run my own business to supplement this.. For some reason I find clients that I read for on a personal level like the good old fashioned readings wher I cover everything.. Also, when I work for myself I can discuss health, pregnancy, legal and financial matters.. I also make my own jewellery and do photography as a sideline.. so working for a psychic company is by no means secure.. There are also accountants fees I have to pay whic of course applies to everyone who works for themselves, unless they are mathematically inclined.. which I am not..

I choose to not give my name and company I work for as a means of privacy.. As I come on here occasionally for leisure and to chill out. This is not being secretive or underhand, I am upfront if anybody pms.. I am not on here to tout for business.. Just come on here to see what people here think of certain psychics.. Even if I have been mentioned (which I haven't been,) I may have read for people on here but wouldn't know.. as like myself everybody has their own user name..

Popsicle..! People can be very unreasonable when it comes to timing.. They want actual specific dates where from a readers point of view this is not possible.. I do fully understand that when one has booked a reading and the reader has been held up the least they can do is call or text.. It's manners and common decency.. The parcel collected at the door I feel you were being too harsh.. I have done this myself on occasions and haven't found people having an issue with this..To be snubbed by a psychic is awful.. The client should be treated with respect as they are the psychics bread and butter.. May I recommend that a good psychic can get an awful lot of information in 20 mins.. so longer than that on the phone is not necessary..
25-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Just to pick up on a point Lucy said...... I have had people myself want a reading, then come back and tell me that *list endless amounts of psychics* have all told them their ex is coming back and that I had to be wrong..... and later down the line a few of them have actually come back to me and told me the ex didn't come back. It's probably the biggest thing that readers to do readings on, ex's coming back, and unfortunately if you give an honest reading and tell them no, they will argue the point with you....... you don't have to work on a phone line for this to happen.

As for why? I mean some people throw all their effort into focusing on the ex coming back, than anything other than he is coming back will suffice when it comes to readings. The truth is sometimes a hard thing to face.... and not everyone wants to face it. As a reader, you are not only faced with the person you are reading for wanting something you are not getting is going to happen, you are also faced with all the readers who have given them the sugar coated fairy tale...... it's really hard sometimes.

From my own point of view as someone who may reads, but who likes to treat herself to a reading now and again.. I never want sugar coated, I never want false hope of any kind, I want a true honest reading...... a while back I treated myself to a reading from someone on Psychic sofa... I rarely use phone lines, can't remember her name, but the minute she went into the reading she started on my ex..... now hell would freeze over and leprechauns will come to the door dancing some cool river dance and bearing the rainbows pot of gold before I took that man back, because the reality is, he was in love with me, but I don't think I was ever in love with him.... loved him yes, in love with him no..... but she went straight into an ex.... I put her straight at the start and she sounded really taken aback and then struggled.... this for me shows just how many use the lines for ex's... and while she struggled, to be fair the reading was accurate so it wasn't wasted money.

When I do fayres and markets it is so different reading wise than when people book with me... sometimes people just fancy trying a reading, other times they are wanting to see about things going on with them... but it's totally different.. the expectations of time limits are not there, the need to know the future in complete detail is not there.... the need to know might be there, but the need to know every detail isn't? The expectations are also different.... as a reader I don't feel so pressured to do the impossible..... I also don't have this fear of dread that they are not going to like the answers I am about to give.

Don't get me wrong I love reading and I love helping people through readings, but one of the reasons I broke away from doing it more than I am is because people wanted the impossible, and some people didn't want to help themselves and actively wanted the false hope as opposed to the honest truth.... not all people... but a lot

25-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Icemaiden and Lucy thank you for the inside information. It's really interesting to hear how a psychic feels on the other side. I didn't know you were a psychic Ice maiden. Your views are very balanced and fair from both perspectives. Do your predications happen lol!
25-06-2013, 10:23 PM
The term psychic simply means developing the ability to connect to something outside of the five senses... its not an elite thing.. we all have the ability and just need to develop it :-)... everyone here could develop it, and work on it.. and find that actually, the more they develop the more in tune they become with their own intuition and as such, don't need readings and only have them for a treat.

To be fair I have been honest from the start that I read..... I can be balanced about it because I have had some really poor readings myself over the years... as well as some really good ones...... I have seen both the good and bad in this profession from both sides of the coin .... Just because I read myself doesn't mean I am blind to the negative side of the profession... it helps to have a balanced view in all things, otherwise you are never honest with yourself if that makes sense.

25-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Absolutely, and if you don't have a balanced view then your view becomes more your own personal opinion and that can lead to people getting defensive. Any hints on how to develop this ability outside of 5 senses?
25-06-2013, 10:56 PM
There are many ways..... personally I would advise people to go to local development classes.... its a lot easier to develop in a group, and many are free or donation only or a small charge to cover expenses... any group charging a stupid amount of money for a development group should be avoided.... Your local new age shop should have a list of development groups or local work shops.

The key to development is finding what works for you as a person... mediation is a good place to start... there are many guided meditations knocking around on the internet..... through meditations you can do things like meet your spirit guide, or at the very least start to open up intuitively..... always remember to protect, open up, then close down and ground when doing any form of development work in this area

When it comes to reading.... I am a great believer in hands on learning... again, workshops would be a good place.. but grab yourself a deck of cards and take time to learn what each card means to you.... an easy way to do this is to simply take one card out a day and put it somewhere where you can see it... and note down any thoughts or feelings you get about the card.... the more you connect with the cards the more they will communicate to you.... and start reading for friends..... you may never want to be an actual reader but this is a really good way of opening up to what's outside of our five senses.... and gives you a bit of a foundation to work on.. its also really enjoyable :-)

Starting a dream diary is another good thing to do because we often miss so many messages in our dreams simply because we don't get the importance of them, or even see them as messages.... and dreams hold so much importance.... the symbolism in dreams should never be ignored as you can find out a lot about yourself by simply unpicking what a dream means ...... there are also a few good online dream dictionaries that can help in looking at the generic symbolism, however it is always good to get a feel of what the symbolism means to you :-)