Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TV Channels Fined Over Jackson Psychic Claims
22-06-2013, 08:46 PM

http://news.sky.com/story/1106705/tv-cha...hic-claims

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." (Jimi Hendrix)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2013, 06:50 AM
RE: TV Channels Fined Over Jackson Psychic Claims
i think theres already a thread on this, it was published a long time ago not sure why its mentioned again
25-06-2013, 06:02 PM
I find this a bit odd as A TV channel had Derek Akorah on it holding a seance in order to channel jacksons spirit.. which he claimed to do... with several very unbalanced jackson fans... and that was okay.... yet they are fining other stations for doing a lot less??????

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
27-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi Icemaiden, the difference is that PT are a revenue generating channel and are therefore governed by different regulations than an entertainment channel. They also would require a different licence too. Ofcom come down really heavily on channels that sell and make money from their viewers. I believe that their issue in this instance was the reference to the Millie Dowler case as a selling tactic. This 'could' be construed as a claim of accuracy (not allowed under the current regs) and it could also be seen as preying upon vulnerable people, ie bereaved parents.

Derek Acorah's programme is an entertainment show and is not selling anyting such as a premium rate number. The entertainment channel would be governed by a different set of Ofcom guidelines. Ususlly, the programme makers will have to include a different point of view to counter the psychics in some way (remember Most Haunted always had a sceptical paranormal investigator?) However, the rules keep changing so who knows what will be allowed or not allowed in future?

The only platform which is not restricted in this way at present is the internet. We are featuring an article about these regulations in the next issue of Psychic Oracle Magazine, so look out for that if you would like to know more.

Best wishes,

Carrie

[b]Carrie Kirkpatrick
Oracle Television
http://www.oracletelevision.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Ah right.... thank you for clarifying that for me Carrie.... :-)

Is psychic oracle magazine a mag you can buy in the shops or is it an internet thing?

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
27-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi Icemaiden

Psychic Oracle Magazine is a free online magazine, at present. We may yet get it into the shops later. :o) You can find it at http://www.psychicoraclemagazine.com.

It helps to know about the restrictions that psychic channels on Sky face, it really is a bit of a minefield. I thought it best to explain when I see so many viewers get frustrated about it on here, without knowing the reasons behind it.

Best wishes,

Carrie

[b]Carrie Kirkpatrick
Oracle Television
http://www.oracletelevision.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2013, 02:29 PM
[quote='TinyTaurus' pid='19134' dateline='1372170293']
Why was Jenna fired and Crystal not? Ok neither were any good Crystal being the worse but it makes me cringe to see her on tv when she mentioned that poor childs name for her made up fantasy glory

I personally don't like Crystal either, only ever had one voice mail reading with her but also thought Jenna was away with the fairies too.. I didn't see the show where Crystal mentioned the missing child but I really don't think matters as serious as that should not be even whispered on an "ENTERTAINMENT ONLY" show.