Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PSYCHIC TV RULES.
20-04-2011, 08:46 PM
PSYCHIC TV RULES.
Explanation of rules on psychic practices
3.12 The revised rule would maintain the general rule (15.4) for television advertising of
psychic services, but make clear that this is subject to the exceptions set out in 15.5.
3.13 The current exceptions for pre-recorded services under 15.5 and 15.5.1 would be
maintained. Under the additional rule (15.5.2), services permitted for advertising
include personalised and live reading services (i.e. between a caller and a call
operator) that feature astrology, horoscopes, tarot and derivative practices, provided
that the promotion met the conditions set out for licensing and labelling of the
services.
3.14 We consider that “channels licensed for the purpose of promotion” would mean that
only channels licensed for teleshopping could meet the conditions for the rule. This
purpose must be set out by licensees in the Annex to their licence, either at the time
of application or by amendment. This purpose need not be exclusive, and the
channels may feature other content. However, the services permitted under rule
15.5.2 may be advertised in long-form teleshopping
3.15 Rule 15.5.2 has been amended to remove the previously proposed requirement for
services promoting permitted psychic services to be positioned in a particular section
of an EPG. However, services wishing to promote permitted psychic practices, either
on entire channels or in teleshopping windows, should ensure that labelling
information on-screen and in the EPG should make clear the nature of the content
i.e. featuring psychic practices for entertainment purposes only. This information
should also be made clear in the use of the product itself, at the outset of the service.
only and not in short-form spot
advertising.
3.16 Advertising for permitted services under 15.5.1 and 15.5.2 is also subject to the
restrictions of the content of the advert that are set out in additional rule 15.5.3.
3.17 Broadcasters will also need to comply with all other Advertising Code rules. This
includes Section 22 rules governing the promotion of live PRS services, and rule 6.1
under which advertisements must not cause serious or widespread offence against
generally accepted moral, social or cultural standards, or offend against public
feeling.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2011, 08:50 PM
RE: PSYCHIC TV RULES.
So at present the rules state that only these psychic practices are allowed on TV.

programs that feature astrology, horoscopes, tarot and derivative practices, provided
that the promotion met the conditions set out for licensing and labelling of the
services.

I have been pushing for clear answers to what Tarot and Derivative Practices means. I will post the results here as soon as I have them but it is in all our interests that we keep our programs within the regulations or we could find we will be forced off the air.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ofcom rules regarding Psychic tv ! chrisw316 0 621 12-05-2013 01:51 PM
Last Post: chrisw316
  Breach of Broadcasting Rules DreamDetective 6 1,504 30-07-2011 03:08 PM
Last Post: Eridanus
  OFCOM RULES we all need to know. DreamDetective 12 2,541 17-06-2011 02:00 PM
Last Post: DreamDetective