Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
past what do u want
28-06-2013, 10:39 AM
past what do u want
past was no acept of psychic they were got rid of here today this site has moan bout psychics tv do u reelis that in future we wont have choice if ofcom stop psychic fredom to have tv shows to wach so back to lik dark ageses no psychic shows no psychic havin choice to live life as restrict all time no fare to not hive they familys afected as wont work think what you do as fear the past return gain to persecut bansh psychics not any good wil hapen to live like past boring not have choice some want ban al psychics sad time of 2013
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2013, 10:58 AM
RE: past what do u want
(28-06-2013 10:39 AM)gabriel Wrote:  past was no acept of psychic they were got rid of here today this site has moan bout psychics tv do u reelis that in future we wont have choice if ofcom stop psychic fredom to have tv shows to wach so back to lik dark ageses no psychic shows no psychic havin choice to live life as restrict all time no fare to not hive they familys afected as wont work think what you do as fear the past return gain to persecut bansh psychics not any good wil hapen to live like past boring not have choice some want ban al psychics sad time of 2013

Are you saying the likes of Psychic TV is going to be banned from broadcasting?
28-06-2013, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2013 11:32 AM by Dream Catcher.)
Even if PT is put off air, there will ALWAYS be psychics to be found, so we won't be back in the "dark ages". This change wouldn't affect me now but I understand some people would be devastated, I rarely flick over but will watch if there is an interesting topic on, but I don't interact anymore, so I get why it would be missed. I don't think banning PT will tackle the addiction & debt problems associated with Psychics but it may help reduce the urges to call for a reading.

The people most affected by this are the ones in bracket 1-3 of iamacolincookfan's six stages.

All the best
28-06-2013, 11:40 AM
They would never ban psychic TV as long as they keep within the boundaries of the law. But I think it would help solve this addiction which had been around for the last 10 years, and that goes for all the psychic phone lines as well.

There will always be psychics around that's for sure. But I think if it were not so assessable and easy to just pick up the phone then yes, it certainly would solve a lot of debt issues. People would probably visit private psychics only every so often.
28-06-2013, 11:50 AM
If it should ever happen I don`t think it would be a bad thing, after all it is not the actual "psychics" who are getting rich from it. A genuine psychic would always be able to earn a bit of pin money from giving readings just like they did before the companies started cashing in.
28-06-2013, 12:50 PM
To be fair psychic TV is not the be all and end all of readings.... it is a business that saw a way of making huge sums of money out of the need for readings.... and to be fair, I think a lot of people do question the ethics of phone lines and some of their readers...

At the end of the day psychic readings is the second biggest seller in the world... sex is the first.... and phone lines have essentially defined readings as the second biggest second and also redefined the idea of readings themselves.

I don't personally think the end of phone lines would shove us all back in the dark ages because phone lines redefined the idea of readings and gave people unrealistic expectations... and because of the ease of availability has created a dependency culture. It's only really the hard core skeptics who scream that all psychic readings should be banned.... I think today people have a lot more tolerance to the beliefs of others, and as such, no one could really bad a belief system.. and PTV by far does not represent all psychic readings and or all psychics...

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
28-06-2013, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2013 11:26 PM by Muffins.)
I would think Psychic Today came from an identified gap in the market, it was explored, it generated some feedback and revenues, and basically brought some (not a lot) of media attention to the area. I would not believe that it is overly successful in terms of earnings for even the show itself, especially after they invested money into it! Perhaps its real value is loss of earnings, depending on how the company is set up, which would help other companies in its group, if it is in a group. I actually don't believe the show is doing that great, I really don't.

I flick over on occassion now, simply because the standards have slipped, and will only watch a couple of psychics at work. The viewers are made to look unintelligent based on the way the production of the show is carried out, usually the face of the show (the presenter) carries the brunt of it. Of course, the production team are also responsible for schedules and who is in the studio, no emphasis on skill/gifts, only emphasis on what they "think" sells, rather than any focus on the target market (its a psychic show, not babe station, or "i am lost" in this world). More recently, whatever changes have gone on, because I believe they have, the focus has been overhauling the psychics - ZERO focus on what the show is about and how in the long term they could sustain an interested audience, rather than a flighty one like Babestation.

Admin read this forum, post under whichever name they log in with. They see what people are writing on here, but still go down their own narrow route (well done) and bring upstairs, downstairs, or try to. They are alienating their audience on the whole, because what they are selling/advertising, has gone beyond what it should and makes the whole experience feel cheap.

And peoples perceptions of what a psychic reading has changed because of the easy access of calling a psychic, and it has become burdensome on the psychic as well as the sitter, all ocvered by another thread. Like Icemaiden said, the phone lines have given unrealistic expectations, but Psychic Today cannot be blamed for all of that - it is a platform, in a business where there are few platforms, and because it is currently unique, I wish they'd use properly - it could work, it really could. If it gained more respect, then it could tower above the other phonelines...
28-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Maybe the reality is they don't have the money to give it the over haul it needs? Are the TV psychics paid or do they work the same as the others, and are paid per reading or text? I think there are so many guidelines now about what they can't say on TV that perhaps their hands are also tied (Carrie explained it on another thread).. this could explain why they are limited in what they can explore psychic wise on live TV?

However, that doesn't mean they couldn't over haul presenters and have a better standard of presenter. The last time I watched it was aaages ago and it was more like watching QVC or women giggling than it was a psychic show. All sell and laughter, very few texts, and well, not a lot really?

At the same time, I understand why offcom have the rules they have in place...

I still don't think it would be the end of the world if PTV disappeared into the dust of phone lines and TV shows that have failed.... many do fail. Phone lines are not the only way to get a psychic reading, it just makes having them accessible 24/7... which caters for the need that some people have to use them 24/7... if the need wasn't there, phone lines wouldn't exist, and despite the rules, phone lines have been around for years I think and I doubt they will be going anywhere anytime soon......

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Past Life Readings Noble Hunertus 3 636 13-06-2014 10:21 PM
Last Post: Alesha
  Past Life connections flamered 13 2,220 28-05-2013 05:12 PM
Last Post: Dancing Dolly
  Past Life Regression Persephone 3 1,215 14-11-2010 08:33 PM
Last Post: Eridanus