Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
rational thinking.."what's more likely?.."
06-07-2013, 07:06 PM
rational thinking.."what's more likely?.."
As most of you know I 100% don't believe in paranormal psychic ability..because its never been proven.. EVER!

But know many of you hold onto the fact that there maybe some real psychics out there, now while am firmly of the opposite opinion, would always welcome someone to prove me wrong.

We need to look at what proof actually is? How its obtained? What condictions the proof was seen in!

Psychics hate this kind of thing.. They think having tricked a sitter into parting with money by getting through a couple of rounds of barnum statments or reseaching the sitters history to the point that there nodding like a retarded dog is proof..well its not!

Proof is measured sicentific testing repeated over and over again..

Stories and testemonials of how great a reader was is not evidence at all! I could tell people stories of UFOs..Bigfoot and ghosts but with no proof its worthless!

Ok..

Now to the rational and logical question..What's more likely, that a person is truelpsychic and is using some kind of extra power of paranormal origin to give sitters infomation? Or are they liers? (Or I'm willing to give way that they maybe mentally ill)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2013, 05:21 PM
RE: rational thinking.."what's more likely?.."
Psychics don't trick people Chris... people make the choice... and psychics can't all be held responsible for people choosing to call daily or multiple times a day.. especially when people don't always want to listen to the truth.. they get the truth.,. ie the ex is not coming back, they will then go to six or seven more psychics who they know will tell them the ex will.... you lay so much responsibility at the door of the psychic with these boring rants and raves..... but you don't seem to get the reality... people choose to use them.... people believe in psychic ability.. we all get the fact you don't.... we understand you hate it... we get you up your game with the level of gutterness in your posts when people stop responding.. but seriously.. you are on a psychic forum.... where people believe in psychic ability...

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
08-07-2013, 06:40 PM
I can't believe you have just posted that icemaiden! What planet are you on ?

Thats like saying its not the drug dealers fault that the addict is addicted!

You are WRONG! !
08-07-2013, 09:49 PM
But people make choices chris.... no one forces a person to pick up the phone and endlessly call a psychic.... and no one forces someone to ignore all the ones saying no it wont happen in favour of making sure they stick to the ones who give them the fairy tales..... at some point people have to take a wee bit of personal responsibility...... and all this addiction stuff.... well someone who has a dependent personality could become dependent on tooth paste..... is that the fault of proctor and gamble for making it??? And if a person phones one psychic, doesn't like the answer, so phones another.. then the following day decides to phone another just to be sure.. then another, but like the first they haven't said what a person wanted to hear, so phone back to the one they phoned second just to ensure she or he was sure.... by this time they have spent a couple of hundred quid in the week...... and have now really confused themselves ... and if phonelines had a limit on calling, people would only use a different line...

I mean I guess it is really easy to lay the all the blame for peoples choices on the psychics they choose to use... but until people take personal responsibility they will never break the cycle they get themselves into........ we all get ourselves into negative cycles in one way or another, but self empowerment is the way forward not blame transference, because shifting blame so that a person doesn't have tot ake any real responsibility does them no good in the long run....... I am sure you will disagree and say these people are innocents who were tricked and sucked into this cycle.. when actually no one tricked them.. no one made them watch PTV and call, no one made them pick up a magazine and decide to phone a psychic from the ads page... its all about personal choices.. and with every choice we make comes consequences... and sometimes we have to kick ourselves up the back side, realise we have been a bit silly, and move ourselves forward... I don't get why you want to ensure people stay trapped by attempting to ensure no one takes any responsibility?

09-07-2013, 05:09 PM
The psychic CLAIMING to be psychic is to blaim! NO PROOF they can do anything of what they say ! NONE!

The fault starts and ends at the feet on the liers that profit from needy people!

Icemaiden the more you post the more think you're talking nonsense on purpose to get attention!!

I for one aint gonna give it ya !
09-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Chris... the psychic doesn't make people use a phone line... people make that choice all by themselves.... no one is forced into anything..... just like the psychics do not force people to phone daily, or several times a day... people make that choice..... and if there was a limit per company people would just go from one company to the next..... at some point people have to take personal responsibility... because a lot of blame goes on the psychic for the actions of the person......

No one is forced, tricked and no psychic holds a gun to someones head in order to make them phone...... and sadly, the good psychics that do the honest readings are the ones people will put the phone down on, or will take no notice and will in turn go to psychics that have given them fairytales......(and yes, people on here have admitted just that over the years).....

So yeah, you can mass post your insane drivel..... but it's just that drivel.... psychic readers have been round for hundreds of years Chris..... probably longer than that in one way or another... for something that is so wrong, it has lasted a hell of a long time :-)

09-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Firstly icemaiden..

No you are right no one forces people to have readings .. But many are addicted! (Look up addicted for the meaning as I can't be arsed educating you time and time again).

This means people find it hard not going to psychics, you won't hear a psychic ever say to a sitter " wait you have spent over XXX amount this week, maybe wait till next week or month" no cus there all money grabbing !

And too say that just because the history of fortune tellers, healers and other daft ways of thinking dates back hundreds of years makes it more valid is utterly stupid!!!
I mean people believed for years in the slave trade..now gone!
Killing people as offerings to sun gods..now gone!
The list could go on.. All of these things including psychics is an out dated practice not welcome in this day and age!

You are very bias in favour of psychics icemaiden to the point it cringe worthy!

Impartial.. Thanks for the info..

The link was interesting! I liked that you pointed out and you are right in doing so that a Nobel prize would be on offer to anyone proving that a human had paranormal psychic ability!

This will never happen though!
09-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Impartial or is it Chris, LOL? Very interesting research off Google. Will read it later as have a pie in the oven.
09-07-2013, 11:51 PM
What? You now think I'm impartal??

Ohhh dear lord! The comedy value alone on this forum is enough to keep me here lol !

Talk about thick ! Hahaha
10-07-2013, 01:36 AM
I Can't afford to be thick in my job, as I am a nurse.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  psychic believers.. a matter of thinking freely chrisw316 6 845 17-06-2013 12:55 PM
Last Post: chrisw316
  thinking for yourself, forcing psychics to get a real job! chrisw316 4 997 14-06-2013 12:00 PM
Last Post: chrisw316
Sad A question for the more rational on the forum! chrisw316 22 3,009 07-05-2013 08:47 PM
Last Post: lolly