Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Story
16-07-2013, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2013 01:26 AM by Popsicle.)
My Story
I believe it has come the time for me to tell you about my story and what prompted me to start researching what this psychic phenomenon causes to people and their lives.

I started having readings in October 2009 and that was due to a guy (can you see the common pattern here?) which I really liked at the time but things were not developing in the way I wanted them to go. For 2 years I had readings with ALL of the major psychics on ALL of the online companies (PTV, The Circle, Kooma, Psychic Sofa). All these "psychics" told me that he was my soul mate, my twin flame, we had a past life together and that we were destined to be together for eternity and a lot of other rubbish. But NO ONE told me that he would have moved to another country... Anyway, cutting the story short we never had anything more than a friendship, he liked me but was not ready and willing to have a relationship. To clarify when I say a friendship I mean an old fashioned friendship and no friends with benefits. Also he has been true to his words and still today does not have a girlfriend/partner (but i am sure he is not celibate)! After he moved I realized that the so called psychics have been just feeding me lies and told me what I wanted to hear, I was not happy especially since I have wasted a HUGE amount of money but I got tricked and I took it on the chin so to speak.

However during the two years I wasted on psychics and their readings I met many people who were in the same boat and going through hell because of this addiction they were in. Only after a friend of mine told me her story that prompted me to research further on this addiction, the psychic business and the extent of the damage it is causing to people. The story is simple, her mum fell in love with a man and had a short affair with this guy and when they broke up she turned to psychics for help. She was a lady of means so she could afford all the readings she wanted and I am sure she had all the readings she could fill in a day. Unfortunately she got close to two readers and she thought they were her friends (no friend asks you to call them on a £1.50 per a minute). These two readers totally brainwashed her and made her believe that the man she was longing for was due to come back at anytime soon but the time always got postponed for a reason or another. After two years she developed cancer, an aggressive and incurable form of cancer. These two psychics knew of the cancer after all she thought they were her friends and they kept saying that the doctors were wrong and she would have made it through this. My friends after the doctors told them to make sure that things were in order as the time was coming decided to organize a last vacation with their mother. Unfortunately here is where the psychics came in the picture again and told the lady that the man she was longing for was due to come back to her on a particular day which was during the holiday and they made her promise to be at home for that day as they were 100% sure he was going to come back. So she decided not to go on her last holiday with her family but to wait for her man. Needless to say the man in question never showed up and 4 months later she passed away, also please note that the man did not even show up at her funeral!

Who did lose out here? Clearly the psychics gained from this plenty as she paid for every single minute of their time. The lady?? in way she did because she has been tricked when she was at her most vulnerable but also she done what she wanted to do... Her children lost out because the psychics with their crap took away the last chance they had to spend some quality time with their mother and no amount of money can compensate for that! So as you all can see the consequences of this addiction are far more grave than anyone can think of. BTW, the 2 "psychics" are still working online and one is on The Circle and they are not ashamed of their actions (I will explain this in a later post).

When I heard this story my heart sank and I felt so much anger and pain that prompted me to research deeper and deeper. I came to know of many stories from people from all walks of life but all of them have something in common, they all have lost something because of this psychic addiction some lost just money, some their home, some their marriage and some self respect and confidence!

I hope the story above will help someone to stop and think before having a reading.

"She's Mad But She's Magic, There's No Lie in Her Fire"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: My Story
(16-07-2013 04:19 AM)Popsicle Wrote:  I believe it has come the time for me to tell you about my story and what prompted me to start researching what this psychic phenomenon causes to people and their lives.

I started having readings in October 2009 and that was due to a guy (can you see the common pattern here?) which I really liked at the time but things were not developing in the way I wanted them to go. For 2 years I had readings with ALL of the major psychics on ALL of the online companies (PTV, The Circle, Kooma, Psychic Sofa). All these "psychics" told me that he was my soul mate, my twin flame, we had a past life together and that we were destined to be together for eternity and a lot of other rubbish. But NO ONE told me that he would have moved to another country... Anyway, cutting the story short we never had anything more than a friendship, he liked me but was not ready and willing to have a relationship. To clarify when I say a friendship I mean an old fashioned friendship and no friends with benefits. Also he has been true to his words and still today does not have a girlfriend/partner (but i am sure he is not celibate)! After he moved I realized that the so called psychics have been just feeding me lies and told me what I wanted to hear, I was not happy especially since I have wasted a HUGE amount of money but I got tricked and I took it on the chin so to speak.

However during the two years I wasted on psychics and their readings I met many people who were in the same boat and going through hell because of this addiction they were in. Only after a friend of mine told me her story that prompted me to research further on this addiction, the psychic business and the extent of the damage it is causing to people. The story is simple, her mum fell in love with a man and had a short affair with this guy and when they broke up she turned to psychics for help. She was a lady of means so she could afford all the readings she wanted and I am sure she had all the readings she could fill in a day. Unfortunately she got close to two readers and she thought they were her friends (no friend asks you to call them on a £1.50 per a minute). These two readers totally brainwashed her and made her believe that the man she was longing for was due to come back at anytime soon but the time always got postponed for a reason or another. After two years she developed cancer, an aggressive and incurable form of cancer. These two psychics knew of the cancer after all she thought they were her friends and they kept saying that the doctors were wrong and she would have made it through this. My friends after the doctors told them to make sure that things were in order as the time was coming decided to organize a last vacation with their mother. Unfortunately here is where the psychics came in the picture again and told the lady that the man she was longing for was due to come back to her on a particular day which was during the holiday and they made her promise to be at home for that day as they were 100% sure he was going to come back. So she decided not to go on her last holiday with her family but to wait for her man. Needless to say the man in question never showed up and 4 months later she passed away, also please note that the man did not even show up at her funeral!

Who did lose out here? Clearly the psychics gained from this plenty as she paid for every single minute of their time. The lady?? in way she did because she has been tricked when she was at her most vulnerable but also she done what she wanted to do... Her children lost out because the psychics with their crap took away the last chance they had to spend some quality time with their mother and no amount of money can compensate for that! So as you all can see the consequences of this addiction are far more grave than anyone can think of. BTW, the 2 "psychics" are still working online and one is on The Circle and they are not ashamed of their actions (I will explain this in a later post).

When I heard this story my heart sunk and I felt so much anger and pain that prompted me to research deeper and deeper. I came to know of many stories from people from all walks of life but all of them have something in common, they all have lost something because of this psychic addiction some lost just money, some their home, some their marriage and some self respect and confidence!

I hope the story above will help someone to stop and think before having a reading.

My heart sank as I read your story. I can understand where you are coming from. In fact I can see things from both sides. A person who is a reader and us the general public. Its very sad when this sort of thing happens, but what I have noticed now is there is more negative than positive stories coming through.

This I believe is because more and more people are waking up to realise that we are being fed a load of lies. Its a shame that things have turned out like this.

I'm sure you story will help may others.

Blessings to you, your friend and their families.
16-07-2013, 11:29 AM
That is a truly heartbreaking story Popsicle. I can fully understand your dislike for phone psychics. At least your trying to do something constructive about it. The way people are becoming addicted to psychics is really quite disturbing.

Think before you pick up the phone the ££££!!! you'll be worse off! Tongue
16-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Disturbing story.

If you think this is bad enough, You should hear the stories from some of the people I have spoken to concerning their past addictive behavior to psychic readings.

Popsicle - I am not sure if you are aware of my past posts, but I have been researching former psychic addicts for the past few years, and I currently have a team of legal advocates in pursuit of lobbying into shutting down the telephone based psychic industry.

It is a long and winding battle - But I am hopeful.

I, myself, have recorded psychic readings, have had recordings given to me, I and my legal advocates have gone undercover and applied/worked for a handful of reputable psychic based companies, and the the process is a real cause for concern.

Some of the people I have met along this journey and that I have spoken to along this path that have been kind enough to share their stories with me have truly been heart wrenching..
16-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Our current battle in layman terminology, with the law, is the use of 'for entertainment purposes only'.

This has, unfortunately, placed a barrier over the industry itself to protect it from any legal action being taken due to it's unethical practices.

The case we have gathered so far, itself, is very broad, as we are covering many many different angles and many different cases for legal pursuit.

The only day I will sleep peacefully, is when the industry is closed down or have competent regulations in place to protect consumers.
16-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Your friends story is truly a heartbreaking one, no doubt your friends mom died of a broken heart on top. Your friend represents a lot of people who would like to see some justice and make some of these unethical so called psychics (hate calling them that as theres nothing psychic about most of them) held accountable. What i found totally unforgivable was how they prevented her (and yes they did prevent her, as she was very vulnerable of mind ) not to go on holiday as this man will be in touch. If they had any decency they would have encouraged her to go, telling her to stay was clearly BS, so why did they lie, this is why they need to be held accountable. It takes something like this for someone to wake up and fight. I take my hat off to you Popsicle and URUK, perhaps you both can join forces, it can only help.
16-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Thank you for telling your story Popsicle, Im sure in respect of the original "trigger" for using psychics, most people can relate to. It is beyond shocking, what happened to the woman who died. But mostly, for her children who are not only grieving the death of their mother, but living without the memories of a happy last holiday with her.

How some of these people can live with themselves is beyond me. I have come to the conclusion that its not just a case of people either believing that they have ablilites that they do not, or out and out conning people. But a case of a real lack of morals or responsibility at play. If you lack both, then lets face it you can pretty much do as you like. Its a murky world with murky people preaching "love and light" to cover their unethical tracks. Sad

I too hope that these scam artists (lets face it we are having real trouble finding one or two that are not) get brought to book in the future. Good luck Uruk with that one, its well overdue.
19-07-2013, 06:47 PM
(16-07-2013 08:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Thank you for telling your story Popsicle, Im sure in respect of the original "trigger" for using psychics, most people can relate to. It is beyond shocking, what happened to the woman who died. But mostly, for her children who are not only grieving the death of their mother, but living without the memories of a happy last holiday with her.

How some of these people can live with themselves is beyond me. I have come to the conclusion that its not just a case of people either believing that they have ablilites that they do not, or out and out conning people. But a case of a real lack of morals or responsibility at play. If you lack both, then lets face it you can pretty much do as you like. Its a murky world with murky people preaching "love and light" to cover their unethical tracks. Sad

I too hope that these scam artists (lets face it we are having real trouble finding one or two that are not) get brought to book in the future. Good luck Uruk with that one, its well overdue.

Wow how awful. But yes I can see how that happened...I'm through with psychics now really..what's done is done but I would not recommend anyone asking if an ex is coming back!!!!!!!!!!! I had years of this..and most of them didn't see that he was far away..and I almost had a repeat experience...only this time I changed my behaviour and my approach and rather than have a relationship with psychics and an unavailable man overseas..I dealt with the issue of unavailable men and am now dating someone close, and spending my money on real adventures and fun...
now am wary..I have found guidance sometimes useful, I have been helped in the past to heal..but relying on predictions and truths from the phone..potentially very damaging..a waste of money and energy..so yes approach with extreme caution.
But yes the industry does need a clean up and something done..as the pain and destruction of addiction against the entertainment purposes phrase doesn't come close to the reality of what addiction can do..after all cigarettes and alchohol all have warnings..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I Was a Psychic Spy for the CIA, and I Found God – A True Story mecheeta 0 221 06-01-2018 04:35 PM
Last Post: mecheeta
  My Story Angel Delight 2 309 16-12-2017 04:58 PM
Last Post: Angel Delight
  My story Erotica10 83 7,259 29-03-2016 07:40 PM
Last Post: Gomez
  how common could this story be ? chrisw316 7 1,719 22-05-2013 12:00 AM
Last Post: chrisw316
  "pyschic tv" story from The Guardian online chrisw316 0 904 11-05-2013 09:07 PM
  psychic phone line addiction story.. chrisw316 2 1,548 11-05-2013 07:26 PM
  Interesting story tang130 0 931 13-10-2011 04:17 AM
Last Post: tang130
  daily mail in shock positive story about alternative therapy dormammu 0 1,474 28-04-2011 01:33 AM
Last Post: dormammu