Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to get to know you all!
17-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I want to get to know you all!
OK - So I'm approaching my 2 year anniversary since joining this forum. (i still have a few months to go).

I was just thinking to myself, that I have been a member of this forum for a while but I do not actually know anything about anyone! So I thought it would be great if we could all answer a few questions about ourselves.

Here are the brief list of questions:

a) Your favorite Food

b) The most enjoyable year of your life thus far and why!

c) You Favorite movie of all time!

d) You favorite style of music/or musical artist

e) Something that you're very good at - can be anything - a skill, a talent etc but it has to be something you feel you are good at!

f) Your most prized possession!

Ok, so me first!

a) My favorite food at this particular moment in time has to be cashew nuts! They are incredibly moreish. If I have one, I end up eating the whole packet!!

b) 2007 was an absolutely fantastic life changing year for me. I went on holiday to an exotic country and my social life took an immense upward spiral and I met many new fantastic life long friends and acquaintances.

c) I can't pick just one movie! I'm a movie buff - so I'm going to pick 3! Ok, firstly - Pacific Rim, secondly - Pan's labyrinth - Thirdly - Rec 2

d) I love Rhythm & Blues/Jazz. Rachelle Ferrell is my favorite artist of all time

e) I'm good at researching! Whether it's the best bargains, cheapest prices all the way through to spiritual subjects, academic, philosophy, religion, I just love researching.

f) My most prized possession... at the moment, has to be a very expensive and unique aftershave given to me by a very very special and unique friend!

Ok, your turn! Come on, I want you ALL to participate. Your answers don't have to be as long winded as mine.. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2013, 07:31 PM
RE: I want to get to know you all!
a fruit salad n cream
b 2013 i breathin
c merlin
d tubelar bells
e breathin i excell at it
f fan keepin me cool
18-07-2013, 12:17 AM
I can't think of any one answers, i have multiples apart from (e), I'm good with computers, typical, had to be that one, only good at one thing :-(
18-07-2013, 12:24 AM
a). Pasta and Salad
b.) This year because everything is starting to come along nicely and the pieces are slotting together :-) I have some exciting times ahead :-)
c.) The Wizard of Oz....... The Colour Purple and Footloose (sorry couldn't pick just one)
d.) Rock.... all kinds of rock... except thrash metal, I don't see the point of that
e.) Writing
f.) My prized possession is my Kindle fire.... I am have been in book heaven since I bought it LOL..... The most important thing in my life is my children, but I can't really count them as possessions LOL

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
18-07-2013, 01:17 AM
A. Fish & Chips
B. 2006 had a fantastic holiday in Disney world Florida.
C. Bridget Jones Diary, Pride & Prejudice
D. Rock. Sweet Child of Mine by Guns n Roses
E. art and dress designing
F. Don't know about that as I have a few. I love my 3D TV and blue ray. My iPad and of course top of my list my two girls.
18-07-2013, 10:44 AM
A) Homemade CHEESEY Lasagne, Chips & Coleslaw.... Messy Tiramisu
B) 2007- I went to Canada, my first time travelling alone anywhere. Flew out from Shannon Airport in Co. Clare, Ireland & arrived in Toronto, also stayed in Niagra Falls for a few days & this is also the year I found my doggie bow wow.
c) All the Harry Potters & Somethings Gotta Give
D) Love & soppy stuff, tradtional Irish.
E) Singing, my handwriting & art.
F) I know I can't call him a possession, but the only thing my heart & soul is in, is my dog Murphy. I found him on the street, starving, scared & alone & now he's my right hand man Smile
18-07-2013, 01:40 PM
(17-07-2013 07:31 PM)gabriel Wrote:  a fruit salad n cream
b 2013 i breathin
c merlin
d tubelar bells
e breathin i excell at it
f fan keepin me cool

Lol! But come on, seriously!

(18-07-2013 12:17 AM)Sidney Wrote:  I can't think of any one answers, i have multiples apart from (e), I'm good with computers, typical, had to be that one, only good at one thing :-(

Give us the multiples! We don't mind! I'm sure you have expertise in many things!

(18-07-2013 12:24 AM)Icemaiden Wrote:  a). Pasta and Salad
b.) This year because everything is starting to come along nicely and the pieces are slotting together :-) I have some exciting times ahead :-)
c.) The Wizard of Oz....... The Colour Purple and Footloose (sorry couldn't pick just one)
d.) Rock.... all kinds of rock... except thrash metal, I don't see the point of that
e.) Writing
f.) My prized possession is my Kindle fire.... I am have been in book heaven since I bought it LOL..... The most important thing in my life is my children, but I can't really count them as possessions LOL

Darn, I remember the color purple! I think that was one of the first movies I actually wept whilst watching! (Maybe that's something I shouldn't admit to so freely considering I'm a grown man!!!)

(18-07-2013 01:17 AM)Hangingpants Wrote:  A. Fish & Chips
B. 2006 had a fantastic holiday in Disney world Florida.
C. Bridget Jones Diary, Pride & Prejudice
D. Rock. Sweet Child of Mine by Guns n Roses
E. art and dress designing
F. Don't know about that as I have a few. I love my 3D TV and blue ray. My iPad and of course top of my list my two girls.

Be honest hangingpants, would you say it is worth it to invest In a 3D TV? People are always telling me they feel it is just a gimmick..

(18-07-2013 10:44 AM)Dream Catcher Wrote:  A) Homemade CHEESEY Lasagne, Chips & Coleslaw.... Messy Tiramisu
B) 2007- I went to Canada, my first time travelling alone anywhere. Flew out from Shannon Airport in Co. Clare, Ireland & arrived in Toronto, also stayed in Niagra Falls for a few days & this is also the year I found my doggie bow wow.
c) All the Harry Potters & Somethings Gotta Give
D) Love & soppy stuff, tradtional Irish.
E) Singing, my handwriting & art.
F) I know I can't call him a possession, but the only thing my heart & soul is in, is my dog Murphy. I found him on the street, starving, scared & alone & now he's my right hand man Smile

You see, now that is something I would classify as a spiritual connection!! and synchronicity..
18-07-2013, 02:05 PM
It doesn't matter how many times I watch the colour purple, it still makes me cry LMAO

18-07-2013, 02:11 PM
For me personally I love to watch something special in 3D. I don't watch everything in 3D mode. I guess it's just one of those little luxuries I like.
18-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I am not overly keen on 3d... but hey, if you like it, and have a TV that does all that you can watch in 3d stuff.. then good on you... life is far to short to waste on thinking about things but never doing or getting them.