Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spartans
01-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Spartans
(10-07-2013 12:48 PM)Spartans Wrote:  I guess this is when people take readings too seriously that it starts to get a problem. I do believe that people need to take responsibility for their own actions, everywhere you look these days there are hard selling on shopping channels. What you are saying Chris that people are blameless?
Anythings okay in moderation. But most people that get hooked have problems, sometimes temporary relief can be a good thing, but you can't put the blame on psychics for everything. There are often deep psychological problems attached to a person when they have multiple readings, and sometimes all they want to do is talk about their problem to a stranger who has an unbiased opinion.
These people are not fools Chris, they have just come unstuck.

I'm sorry but I completely disagree with you.

A reading may be for entertainment purposes only, but there is absolutely no way you can compare other forms of entertainment to psychic readings especially fun fairs. That is preposterous.

When a psychic tells you that your partner is having an affair, or that you're not destined to be with your current partner because another is on the way, or if a psychic tells you that certain people in your life are not to be trusted, are you telling me that this sort of information would have no effect on the recipient? And that this is just all for entertainment purposes only? and that the recipient of this information has to take full responsibility for receiving this information? No.

The psychic should NOT be allowed to implant such negative thoughts into a customer full stop, or any false statement regardless of it being positive or negative, especially when a BELIEF is involved.

Psychic phenomena is a belief system. Just like a religion. If one was to go to a pastor and the pastor told you that something would happen, because of your belief in the religion in and of itself is where the pressing issue concerning responsibility comes into effect. I assume many people who get readings (as I had done so myself) have/had an INITIAL belief in the 'spirit world' or the 'psychic world' beforehand, and this taints responsibility or an element of control over ones emotions that a recipient may have.

Psychic readings are extremely damaging to many individuals.

An issue that currently presented itself was a young lady who started calling psychics because her boyfriend left her. She was sad, depressed etc and reached for the phone, and a habit formed on reliance on psychic readings. Many psychics assured her that her boyfriend was not going to come back, and that there was somebody new on the 'horizon'.
They painted a pretty picture of this new 'man'.

Now because she believed in psychic phenomena, why would she question what numerous psychics tell her? she most likely wouldn't. unless something was mentioned that would go against all her self beliefs.

Needless to say, her ex boyfriend did return. She continued to have readings with a few trusted psychics, who made the initial predictions of 'somebody on the horizon' coming in, and she told them her ex had returned, and instead of encouraging her to work through her problems with her ex, maybe even suggest a form of couple counselling to work through issues and problems etc, they stuck with their original prediction that her ex 'wasn't the one' and that the new guy coming in on the 'horizon' was the one.

NOW YOU ALL TELL ME. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS EMOTIONAL WOMAN IN AN EMOTIONAL STATE OF MIND, HAVING TO COPE EMOTIONAL WHEN THESE SORT OF PREDICTIONS ARE MADE?

It's all fair play, saying, well, SHE needs to take responsibility and just go with the flow etc but are you all telling me that this niggling thought that the psychics implanted into her mind would not have an effect on her subconsciously? If she did not an an initial belief in psychic phenomena, that I doubt it would have had any sort of effect at all, but because of her INITIAL belief in psychics, these implanted thoughts and suggestions could have detrimental effects and even affect any sort of resolution with her ex who had returned back into her life, wanting to give their relationship another go.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 02:23 PM by Dancing Dolly.)
RE: Spartans
Urak: I know what your saying and I do agree that psychics have been damaging to people. But at the same time a psychic should never be taken seriously word for word. I am fairly skeptical myself and know where your coming from.

At the end of the day psychics are what they are: fortune tellers, clairvoyants, mediums and soothsayers; They have always had dubious reputations for century's. Psychics are nothing new, they've always been around, and doesn't the tradition fairground reader reel out that you have stated? The fact is nobody has taken it seriously. It's just a laugh at the fair which I have participated in myself in the past.

We are talking about adults here who make their own decisions. If something is not coming true then you don't use that psychic again. I have never had an addiction to readers myself, but i understand it is like a drug that one becomes hooked to? And I do agree you have a point worthy of a serious discussion. But in the case of Spartans, she has said in her post that she has enjoyed having readings, so fair enough, each to their own.

I do think that amongst the psychic profession it is a place where the biggest con artists make money out of vulnerable people. What I'm trying to say Urak, that we as sensible adults should realise for ourselves when we have been exploited.

Think before you pick up the phone the ££££!!! you'll be worse off! Tongue
01-08-2013, 03:30 PM
(01-08-2013 03:17 PM)Popsicle Wrote:  I agree with both of you, people should take responsibility for their own actions and this applies to both clients and readers. However I also believe that readers should have more responsibility as they well aware that some people come to them when they are at their lowest point in life, and despite the fact that their contract states that they should not read for people who are vulnerable but they should direct them to seek professional help I never heard of a psychic turning down a reading (they will lose money otherwise).

I heard the story of a lady that within a year has lost her brother, her father and her relationship ended and because of her circumstances she turned to psychics. When predictions did not happen and her readings became contradictory she started to have a nervous breakdown and after a well known reader told her that her mum was having health problems the fear of losing her mum too pushed her to try to kill herself. Her mum had to have her hospitalized under the Mental Health Act because she was afraid for her daughter and when she got better despite having asked PTV and The Circle to remove her details from their records they kept sending her promotions and offering her free readings even if she explained her situation to them. This clearly shows that NO ONE really knows what can pass through the mind of a person and that psychics can be HIGHLY damaging to people! Psychics are not equipped to deal with these kind of situations and because of this they can do more harm than anything else.

I have stoped having readings..save for the occasional text. The ease at which my mind turns is so much clearer and uncluttered and I feel my feet are planted on the ground. Recently I had a text with Sky as she had proven right about something it was a positive reading but mentioned options also which threw me into a moment of worry and doubt..it reminded me to stand back from readings and allow my relationships to pan out with the lessons I have learnt ...and the strength to allow for the future, a future to unfold..and be aware that I have a real part in that creation...it also brought me to the conclusion that if someone is having multiple reading s on on person or one situation then that may need to be addressed in a different way..that is anchored in truth and reality and therefore power. And yes for those not having predictions but using 'guidance' responsibly and in an empowering fashio to gain more power over their own lives well that can be different.. in some positive cases........I have reached the conclusion that I am not sure we are meant to know our future..only to grow and nurture the tools to handle it well...
01-08-2013, 05:07 PM
I agree with you all, in particular with Popsicle, as i think here is where the problem lies, most of us can get ourselves out of this psychic addiction without too much lasting damage, but there are some whom uruk and popsicle mentioned that psychic readings can result in dire consequences. It would be so easy to say, well the client should take the reading as a guidance and not live by it, but it affects people differently. The psychic companies and independent psychics need to put measures in to help prevent this kind of situations spiraling out of control, maybe refusing to read for repeat customers, regardless of state of mind, could be a start, they could have a rule of one reading per month.
01-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Sidney. I think that idea of one reading per month is a very good one. Obviously things have got into a disastrous state with people now addicted to readings. I know the callers would use other companies but the one call a month would certainly help if someone is out of control having readings.

Have you thought of campaigning about this?

Think before you pick up the phone the ££££!!! you'll be worse off! Tongue
01-08-2013, 11:49 PM
(01-08-2013 11:34 PM)Dancing Dolly Wrote:  Sidney. I think that idea of one reading per month is a very good one. Obviously things have got into a disastrous state with people now addicted to readings. I know the callers would use other companies but the one call a month would certainly help if someone is out of control having readings.

I suppose the problem with this is they would just call another company, but if they ALL have in place one call per month per user per company, then eventually they would have no one to call other than the independent ones, but if this was a rule put in place then they too would have to oblige to it. Have i thought of campaigning it? No, although a great idea, enforcing it would be tough going, what about all the profits the companies would loose out on, if i thought for a second they care about their callers then there would be a chance, but they don't its all about maximizing profits for most of the companies. Shame.
02-08-2013, 07:00 AM
(01-08-2013 11:49 PM)Sidney Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 11:34 PM)Dancing Dolly Wrote:  Sidney. I think that idea of one reading per month is a very good one. Obviously things have got into a disastrous state with people now addicted to readings. I know the callers would use other companies but the one call a month would certainly help if someone is out of control having readings.

I suppose the problem with this is they would just call another company, but if they ALL have in place one call per month per user per company, then eventually they would have no one to call other than the independent ones, but if this was a rule put in place then they too would have to oblige to it. Have i thought of campaigning it? No, although a great idea, enforcing it would be tough going, what about all the profits the companies would loose out on, if i thought for a second they care about their callers then there would be a chance, but they don't its all about maximizing profits for most of the companies. Shame.

You should be able to ban yourself when you have a moment of 'clarity' or limit the amount what is spent..they do that on bingo sites, not the same thing but still a addiction
02-08-2013, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 12:19 AM by Dream Catcher.)
Psychic readings can be highly dangerous because when it comes to peoples lives & hearts,its a mine field, yes we have to be responsible but when you are at the "newbie" stage you hang on their every word, you believe they are like some kind of god (all seeing all hearing) but when things don't materialise, you jump from one to another & feel a great sense of calm when you are being told the same thing from different readers, you then convince yourself that timings are out because they convince you that spirit doesn't know about time, or some other waffle. IF spirit can tell you intimate details of your life, surely they must know the seasons??? I know in order for things to happen the timing must be right, but if things are meant to happen they will & not because a psychic says so. One PTV psychic told me on a phone reading not to trust *my guys* sister, that she was a bitch & was stopping us coming together. THANK GOD I chose not to believe this because it would have caused a fall out, his sister is a barrel of fun & not like that at all. So, be cautious when you have readings. Trust your intuition, it won't lead you wrong. Don't call, let the chips fall. xx
03-08-2013, 12:11 AM
(02-08-2013 10:48 PM)Dream Catcher Wrote:  Psychic readings can be highly dangerous because when it comes to peoples lives & hearts,its a mine field, yes we have to be responsible but when you are at the "newbie" stage you hang on their every word, you believe they are like some kind of god (all seeing all hearing) but when things don't materialise, you jump from one to another & feel a great sense of calm when you are being told the same thing from different readers, you then convince yourself that timings are out because they convince you that spirit doesn't know about time, or some other waffle. IF spirit can tell you intimate details of your life, surely they must know the seasons??? I know in order for things to happen they timing must be right, but if things are meant to happen they will & not because a psychic says so. One PTV psychic told me on a phone reading not to trust *my guys* sister, that she was a bitch & was stopping us coming together. THANK GOD I chose not to believe this because it would have caused a fall out, his sister is a barrel of fun & not like that at all. So, be cautious when you have readings. Trust your intuition, it won't lead you wrong. Don't call, let the chips fall. xx

Excellent Post, Dreamcatcher!
03-08-2013, 12:17 AM
(03-08-2013 12:11 AM)Sidney Wrote:  [quote='Dream Catcher' pid='20324' dateline='1375480114']
Psychic readings can be highly dangerous because when it comes to peoples lives & hearts,its a mine field, yes we have to be responsible but when you are at the "newbie" stage you hang on their every word, you believe they are like some kind of god (all seeing all hearing) but when things don't materialise, you jump from one to another & feel a great sense of calm when you are being told the same thing from different readers, you then convince yourself that timings are out because they convince you that spirit doesn't know about time, or some other waffle. IF spirit can tell you intimate details of your life, surely they must know the seasons??? I know in order for things to happen they timing must be right, but if things are meant to happen they will & not because a psychic says so. One PTV psychic told me on a phone reading not to trust *my guys* sister, that she was a bitch & was stopping us coming together. THANK GOD I chose not to believe this because it would have caused a fall out, his sister is a barrel of fun & not like that at all. So, be cautious when you have readings. Trust your intuition, it won't lead you wrong. Don't call, let the chips fall. xx

Excellent Post, Dreamcatcher!

Why, thank you Sidney Smile