Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
E Squared.
04-08-2013, 03:16 PM
E Squared.
Just thought I would attempt to bring some balance into the recent madness :-)

I have been reading a book called E Squared by Pam Grout. As a rule I don't read self help books or books about the law of attraction, but a good friend recommended it so I thought what the hell and bought it. It was only two quid for a kindle copy.

The idea of the book is to do 9 very simple experiments in order to prove that your thoughts create your reality and that by changing the way you think, and focusing on the positive, you can and will create the life you want.

I am a great believer in positive thought, not just because I am spiritual but because I know first hand that we attract what we put out. A lot of the idea about positive thought is very rooted in science and this is what grabbed me from the start of the book, that it looked at it from a scientific perspective. Of course, the fact Pam Grout uses the term Experiment instead of exercise means you start those experiments hell bent on passing them with flying colours.

I haven't read all the book as I am also reading a really good supernatural/Sci fi series, but so far I am really impressed. Something clicked completely about the idea of thoughts creating reality and since reading the book I have noticed a lot of positive changes.

What books have you all read that you have found inspirational? They don't have to be self help books, they can be a book that helped something click, or that helped you make sense of your own life in some way?

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: E Squared.
(04-08-2013 03:16 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  Just thought I would attempt to bring some balance into the recent madness :-)

I have been reading a book called E Squared by Pam Grout. As a rule I don't read self help books or books about the law of attraction, but a good friend recommended it so I thought what the hell and bought it. It was only two quid for a kindle copy.

The idea of the book is to do 9 very simple experiments in order to prove that your thoughts create your reality and that by changing the way you think, and focusing on the positive, you can and will create the life you want.

I am a great believer in positive thought, not just because I am spiritual but because I know first hand that we attract what we put out. A lot of the idea about positive thought is very rooted in science and this is what grabbed me from the start of the book, that it looked at it from a scientific perspective. Of course, the fact Pam Grout uses the term Experiment instead of exercise means you start those experiments hell bent on passing them with flying colours.

I haven't read all the book as I am also reading a really good supernatural/Sci fi series, but so far I am really impressed. Something clicked completely about the idea of thoughts creating reality and since reading the book I have noticed a lot of positive changes.

What books have you all read that you have found inspirational? They don't have to be self help books, they can be a book that helped something click, or that helped you make sense of your own life in some way?

You no spiritual person spiritual people not insult other people. I read posts by you and you call people crazy, deranged, unhinged no spiritual person do that. you talk talk and talk but no listen, spiritual people listen and talk little. spiritual people listen words and soul of person and never tell person to do this or that but guide person to see light and person later makes decision. You talk talk and talk and listen only to you and what you want, you no balance in your life.

spiritual people fel pain of people and know why people have pain, you no healer because you do not feel pain of people.
10-08-2013, 10:11 PM
(04-08-2013 03:16 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  Just thought I would attempt to bring some balance into the recent madness :-)

What's the supernatural/sci fi book you are reading?
10-08-2013, 10:45 PM
They are by Connie Suttle

It starts with the blood destiny series... the writing is not fantastic but the books are enjoyable.... and she can tell a good story just very rough around the edges. I would recommend them though if you are into vampires and a quirky take on demons and aliens?

10-08-2013, 11:15 PM
(10-08-2013 10:45 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  They are by Connie Suttle

It starts with the blood destiny series... the writing is not fantastic but the books are enjoyable.... and she can tell a good story just very rough around the edges. I would recommend them though if you are into vampires and a quirky take on demons and aliens?

I am a fan of horror films/books. I've just finished Lightning by Dean Koontz, got a bit of everything thrown in, one amazing book, i am getting withdrawals and need to find a replacement, but some how got a feeling nothing will live up to it!
10-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Dean Coontz is a hard act to follow... I have just started reading the first in a set of books called the Black dagger Brotherhood novels... has been pretty good so far.. vampires again though... I have really got into the whole supernatural fiction books since getting my kindle..... normally I read psychological thrillers