Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Is Psychic Ability
26-08-2013, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2013 02:23 PM by Icemaiden.)
What Is Psychic Ability
Everyone has their own understanding and expectations of what Psychic ability should mean, and TV in recent years has really changed it's definition, giving a lot of people unrealistic expectations.

The word Psychic means being able to perceive information outside of the five senses. In no definition of psychic ability does it mean to be able to see every aspect of the future for themselves and everyone. I mean if we look at the word Clairvoyant, it doesn't mean clear vision into the future, it means clear sight or clear vision, it means someone has developed an ability to pick up on a person through seeing. The same with Clairaudience Its about clear hearing, being able to hear when picking up on a persons energy. in no definition does any of it mean having full access to a persons future and being able to map it out for them in huge detail.

All psychic abilities are something we as people are born with. Some will be very aware of them from a young age, others become aware later on in life, some have no awareness what so ever but are drawn to developing. The deal is, it is something we can all choose to develop. Even people aware at a young age have to develop.

We are all born with different strengths and weaknesses, we all excel at some things and are not so great at others. Psychic ability is the same.. we will have strengths in some areas, and be not so good in others? Why? Because we are all different. At the same time, we can all learn to do something, even if we don't excel at it. Psychic development is a journey, in the same way spiritual development is a journey. It's about learning and growing. And the biggest connection we will gain from the development is the connection to ourselves.

Readings are a small part of psychic ability.... a very small part of it. It is not everything that psychic development is about, nor is it the be all and end all of psychic ability. Divination tools have been around for years and years in some way or another....and you don't have to have a developed psychic ability to be able to use and interpret divination tools well. You just need to learn the tools of the trade.

If we look at plumbers and mechanics... they don't wake up one day being able to do everything in their field of work without taking the time to learn the how part. It is the same with reading Tarot cards or runes... you have to actually learn how. Not just the meanings, but how they link together, how cards fit for different styles of readings, how one card can influence another, how while each card is individual in it's own right, it is also linked to every other card in a reading.

The reality is, anyone can learn to read the tarot cards...... just like anyone can learn to be a mechanic or a plumber... and just like plumbers and mechanics, some will be better than others. Reading the cards doesn't mean a person has a developed psychic ability, it just means they have learned to read cards. Although the two often go hand in hand and learning a tool is part of the development for a lot of people.

At the end of the day every one of you here can take the time to develop your own psychic ability, or take the time to learn how to read tarot cards, or read runes. There isn't some elite group of people out there who are gifted above all others. Psychic ability is something we all have from the minute we are born, even if we don't realise it. And the word psychic simply means being able to receive information that is outside of the five senses in some way... and yes, that includes information from the future..... but psychic ability is so much more than that and is not exclusively about future information. More often than not people get more information about the present, about what's going on in the here and now. The only parts of the future we are given, is the parts that we are meant to know, and even then, we all have the ability to change it because the future is not cast in stone.

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: What Is Psychic Ability
This actually is a very interesting read. Maybe in terms to future telling we are given what is our deep down desires at that very moment and has nothing to do with real future itself. because the future is ever changing.

When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head and laugh at the sky - Buddha.
27-08-2013, 09:08 AM
This thread is pure waffle. So now psychics are trying to cover up and save their own skins? Lol so now you are saying they don't read our futures!? So if that's the case explain Icemaiden why they are ripping people off if it is not their job to look into the beyond?
27-08-2013, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2013 09:20 AM by lynne_b.)
Yes a interesting read but i'd like to question the part where the future is not set in stone and the amount of free will we think we have, im just basing this on my experience , cos we're all just guessing really. Had a reading years and years ago with a lady from a spiritualist church. She gave me a name of a person who i'd meet and that i wasnt to give up on them....fast forward a few years down the line, and XX came to work at my place...my ears pricked up (its a she btw) saw her, found out she was married, she kept herself to herself and was a strange character really. So i thought well thats not the person i was told about, next couple of years dont think i spoke to her (no im not anti-social..its a big place lol) Then we we put working together..lets just say we clicked..and now i find my self in the situation the psychic predicted..including seeking psychic help to make this happen. It just makes me wonder how much free will i actually had? Plus if the future is not set in stone how the hell did i get here? Its not like i met the person and thought geeez she's my destiny..a psychic told me and went out of my way to get to know her..quite the opposite. just makes me wonder how much free will i actually had?. Also at the time of the reading i didnt know her so she wasnt my deep down desire
27-08-2013, 10:02 AM
I like the way `Psychics` invent their own rules to save their skins?

How can people believe the crap being posted on here? Do you.lot find it hard to think for yourselves?
27-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Jeez!! What stimulating discussions on here.. Are most of you ladies on benefits here? Nobody seems to work.. So you give your money to.' Psychics'?

Makes sense.. everybody else is stupid if they dont believe in 'Psychics'? Lol
27-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah.. we are all benefits, all wear shell suits and all have teeth missing.... we are like the walking example of Jeremy Kyle people **detect the sarcasm* LOL.... Not that I have to justify myself I run my own business and can pick and choose my working hours... am now enjoying a well deserved week off... well kind of.. weeks off for me generally do not mean actual weeks off... have shed loads of stuff to type up *sigh* LOL

27-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Why do you assume we're all on benefits? and whats it got to do with you what we spend out money on?
27-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Just to clarify something TS.. psychic ability is not just readings.... I can see you really don't understand the concept of the ability itself.. which is cool as a lot of people misunderstand what the word psychic means and can't see past the idea of readings to see it as anything else :-)

Brown eyes raises a really interesting point about our own desires and how much of what we get in readings is based on our own desires and whether this can in fact influence what a reader picks up?????

27-08-2013, 11:24 AM
(27-08-2013 10:28 AM)Icemaiden Wrote:  Yeah.. we are all benefits, all wear shell suits and all have teeth missing.... we are like the walking example of Jeremy Kyle people **detect the sarcasm* LOL.... Not that I have to justify myself I run my own business and can pick and choose my working hours... am now enjoying a well deserved week off... well kind of.. weeks off for me generally do not mean actual weeks off... have shed loads of stuff to type up *sigh* LOL

Yeah some work as 'Psychics'.. Its nothing to do with me but curious why your always on here talking about readings? Icemaiden? How much do you get per min working as a 'Psychic?'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is Psychic Ability? Icemaiden 0 731 23-06-2013 04:34 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden