Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do Not Lick the Phones
12-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Do Not Lick the Phones
This is the link for a book recently published by an ex tv psychic, it's available to buy from Amazon which is where I bought it from well worth £4.59!!

http://do-not-lick-the-phones.org/?page_id=107
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 08:26 PM
RE: Do Not Lick the Phones
I don't have a kindle......
12-05-2011, 08:35 PM
(12-05-2011 08:26 PM)ilovemichelle Wrote:  I don't have a kindle......

You can download an app from Amazon for free thats what I did Smile
13-05-2011, 03:08 AM
this review on amazon looks suspiciously like dg which is pretty poor form

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, clever, insightful, 9 April 2011
By X. Gallagher "jesusonarubbercross" (London) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Do Not Lick The Phones (Kindle Edition)
I don't normally read romance or comedy but my curiosity about the 'psychic' world got the better of me. Maybe hidden in the romance was something you don't find in the standard new age books.

I was very pleasantly surprised. The situations and adventures of the protagonist were funny (do not read this in the bath, I nearly lost my kindle in the murky water... twice), the characters eminently recognisable as new-age, crystal-waving types, and in the midst of it all were examples of real-world psychic experiences of the author---analysed with a razor sharp intelligence and a sense of the ridiculous.

Of course, as neither romance nor comedy are of much interest to me, I was interested in the human side, the vulnerability of the people seeking tarot card readings (and sometimes their stupidity), the way psychics explain their successes and failures, and the authors' central question which is 'if this phenomena is real, how doe
13-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Did you check out the rest of the reviews that reviewer has written? (oooh, assonance! cool).

I saw Resident Evil, Ruby on The Rails, The Necromancer, the TexBook and...

The Witch of Ravensworth...

"Picking up a slim volume of 200 year old horror does not grab ones fancy lightly. .... " Eclectic stuff? Yes?

I don't think anyone is supposed to 'be' anyone. http://do-not-lick-the-phones.org/?p=33

But I do like Lars from Mars. http://do-not-lick-the-phones.org/?page_id=228 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Heart Big Grin
13-05-2011, 02:37 PM
(13-05-2011 03:08 AM)ilovemichelle Wrote:  this review on amazon looks suspiciously like dg which is pretty poor form

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, clever, insightful, 9 April 2011
By X. Gallagher "jesusonarubbercross" (London) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Do Not Lick The Phones (Kindle Edition)
I don't normally read romance or comedy but my curiosity about the 'psychic' world got the better of me. Maybe hidden in the romance was something you don't find in the standard new age books.

I was very pleasantly surprised. The situations and adventures of the protagonist were funny (do not read this in the bath, I nearly lost my kindle in the murky water... twice), the characters eminently recognisable as new-age, crystal-waving types, and in the midst of it all were examples of real-world psychic experiences of the author---analysed with a razor sharp intelligence and a sense of the ridiculous.

Of course, as neither romance nor comedy are of much interest to me, I was interested in the human side, the vulnerability of the people seeking tarot card readings (and sometimes their stupidity), the way psychics explain their successes and failures, and the authors' central question which is 'if this phenomena is real, how doe

This is her son not DG
13-05-2011, 02:38 PM
(12-05-2011 08:35 PM)Mooncat Wrote:  
(12-05-2011 08:26 PM)ilovemichelle Wrote:  I don't have a kindle......

You can download an app from Amazon for free thats what I did Smile

Brill, I don't have a kindle either and am dying to read!! Thanks Mooncat! Will look into downloading the App!
13-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Think i'll give it a try, it looks very interesting!
13-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Mmm ... does look good Wink
14-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Well thats alright then he'll be unbiased

This is her son not DG