Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
anecdotes of readings....proof or not
29-10-2013, 03:25 AM
Thumbs Down anecdotes of readings....proof or not
The other day at 12.35pm my brother called me to tell me he would be over late for dinner at my house due to work.

The above sentence could be the truth...indeed I could have a brother...he might have been due at my house at a different time...
How would anyone reading it know the difference between the truth of what they just read and what really happen (if the phone call even took place)? If they were not there themselves to look at the evidence.

When someone on here says " the psychic I saw knew things ni one knew, they gave me real validations", it means nothing at all in terms of proof that psychic ability is real.
If you are not there to examine the evidence of what happened with a logical and critical eye then there claims mean nothing!

Now in the interest of fairness the question could be said " well you were not there, so can't pass judgment either way" ..and that would be correct!

But im not the one claiming to have been witness to a fantastic paranormal experience!

Burden of proof will always lay at the feet of the people that claim paranormal powers of mediumship and fortune telling.
Anecdotes are just little stories, or 'hearsay' as the law puts it

Psychic Today/psychic TV have been given a get out of jail free card by Ofcom, as long as you say it's for entertainment you can get away with talking absolute BS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2013, 10:20 AM
RE: anecdotes of readings....proof or not
That's what validations are, something you know to be true, either you saw it or you know of it.
29-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Are you struggling ...would you like an easier analogy??
29-10-2013, 10:22 PM
(29-10-2013 03:55 PM)THETRUTH Wrote:  Are you struggling ...would you like an easier analogy??

Its not a question of your analogy. I think most people figured that one out for themselves way before you wrote it anyway.

There are plenty of posts/threads on here that discuss the validity of feedback, and whether they are fake, real, gullible people, blah blah blah.

The key is to kind of suss out (if you can) who is real, who may be able to give a balanced truthful view or feedback to everyone else. Not easy and no one said it was.
29-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Let me tell you who easy it can be...
1) dont see a psychic, you will never be disappointed then...
2) see 1)^^^
31-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Here we go again lol, why do you make up so many names "THE TRUTH" ? Wise up

Life is very complicated, don't try and find answers because when you find answers life changes the questions. Smile
31-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Wise up to what ?? LoL it's you who needs to wise up lol
31-10-2013, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2013 04:42 PM by THETRUTH.)
It always amazes me that people who believe in psychic BS try and make out logical thinking people are some how wrong lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  PROOF OF AFTERLIFE? Watch 'ghost' fling wine glass in one of UK's 'most haunted' pubs ledders 1 214 02-04-2018 01:50 AM
Last Post: Purple2
  PROOF OF THE AFTERLIFE? Mum films poltergeist that has ‘plagued her home’ mecheeta 0 275 06-11-2017 09:16 PM
Last Post: mecheeta
  Are these photos PROOF of a bottom-pinching ghostly groper dormammu 0 315 16-03-2017 10:45 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  proof.. that's all I ask.. chrisw316 14 2,891 12-06-2013 09:16 PM
Last Post: Dancing Dolly
  if proof were needed that psychics are fake.. chrisw316 30 4,435 10-05-2013 03:33 PM
Last Post: chrisw316