Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Behind the Scenes
15-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Behind the Scenes
Hello everyone, I'm new on here. I am a Psychic Reader.. I have worked for some of the top companies.. I have also attended many Psychic fairs around the country.. I have left the Psychic profession 18 months ago and run a small holistic shop in Nottingham.

If you are a genuine Psychic.. like a per centage of us are who have worked on the phone.. then it is not a very satisfactory way to earn a living. Some people who ring up Psychics can be extremely rude and abusive when they are not given the answer they want to hear.. and some of the readers they employ have never actually read a card in their life.. There are many who read from a book.. quite often they are people filling in for extra cash.. single parents.. and I know of a lap dancer who goes on Psychic lines to fill in and make extra money.

There has been some talk on this forum of sexy chat lines run by the same companies. This is true.. many readers double up on these lines.. So the whole thing is a sales scam.. Two companies I worked for had regular clients details come up on the screen about people and details in their life..

I run a small booth in my shop where I charge £20 for a half hour reading.. I find the clientele different to what I used to get from the phones.. When clients experience a face-face-reading they are prepared To listen to what the Psychic says first.. then go through with any questions they may have at the end of the reading.. that's if I haven't answered their question already.

I've been an avid guest viewer from time-to-time on here.. I haven't in the past wished to get involved with the discussions here.. for fear of upsetting many of those who sincerely believe in the readers on lines.. the ones who have told them the happy ending..

I really feel readings on phones are for fun, entertainment just likr the sister sexy chat lines. That's why I had enough of them.. I can't understand why anybody would ring a Psychic if they are not prepared to hear the truth.

I apologise if I have offended anybody on here.. that's the last thing I want to do.. I do not want anyone to lose their spiritual beliefs either because there are genuine ones around. Psychics that work for themselves for instance usually have their reputation to consider. You get good and bad readers even face to face so it is always best to find one who comes highly recommended.. But a word of advice is to approach a reading without bombarding them with questions.. Let them pick up for you what they find and take it from there.

The Psychics that are on TV I have met.. I have found a few of them to be rather full of themselves and arrogant.. purely on the show for exposure. I won't name drop.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: Behind the Scenes
(15-11-2013 05:08 PM)Sarah Stone Wrote:  Hello everyone, I'm new on here. I am a Psychic Reader.. I have worked for some of the top companies.. I have also attended many Psychic fairs around the country.. I have left the Psychic profession 18 months ago and run a small holistic shop in Nottingham.

If you are a genuine Psychic.. like a per centage of us are who have worked on the phone.. then it is not a very satisfactory way to earn a living. Some people who ring up Psychics can be extremely rude and abusive when they are not given the answer they want to hear.. and some of the readers they employ have never actually read a card in their life.. There are many who read from a book.. quite often they are people filling in for extra cash.. single parents.. and I know of a lap dancer who goes on Psychic lines to fill in and make extra money.

There has been some talk on this forum of sexy chat lines run by the same companies. This is true.. many readers double up on these lines.. So the whole thing is a sales scam.. Two companies I worked for had regular clients details come up on the screen about people and details in their life..

I run a small booth in my shop where I charge £20 for a half hour reading.. I find the clientele different to what I used to get from the phones.. When clients experience a face-face-reading they are prepared To listen to what the Psychic says first.. then go through with any questions they may have at the end of the reading.. that's if I haven't answered their question already.

I've been an avid guest viewer from time-to-time on here.. I haven't in the past wished to get involved with the discussions here.. for fear of upsetting many of those who sincerely believe in the readers on lines.. the ones who have told them the happy ending..

I really feel readings on phones are for fun, entertainment just likr the sister sexy chat lines. That's why I had enough of them.. I can't understand why anybody would ring a Psychic if they are not prepared to hear the truth.

I apologise if I have offended anybody on here.. that's the last thing I want to do.. I do not want anyone to lose their spiritual beliefs either because there are genuine ones around. Psychics that work for themselves for instance usually have their reputation to consider. You get good and bad readers even face to face so it is always best to find one who comes highly recommended.. But a word of advice is to approach a reading without bombarding them with questions.. Let them pick up for you what they find and take it from there.

The Psychics that are on TV I have met.. I have found a few of them to be rather full of themselves and arrogant.. purely on the show for exposure. I won't name drop.

Thank you for posting this letter. I am not sure what point you are trying to make, though.

You say that you worked for many phone lines, so you would probably agree that there are some good readers on those lines (you would be one of them, surely?). I understand that some people calling these lines may be rude, but probably no ruder than clients in any other job or profession that the rest of us work in. I have to deal with passive/aggressive behaviour from both clients and colleagues on most days, for example. You question why people call psychics when they are not prepared to hear the truth, but as a regular visitor of this forum you would see that most people actually object to psychics sugar-coating the truth and giving wrong predictions. Going further, I think you need to interrupt a psychic if a reading is going in the direction which is of no interest to you. For example, if I pay for a 30 min reading, I do not want to listen to a psychic describing my personality traits for 15 of those. Also, I always interrupt a psychic if she/he is obviously on a wrong path, i.e. talking about my "sister" when I do not have a sister.

In summary, I think that most customers calling or visiting psychics do it to receive accurate predictions, and most of them are not rude or abusive. Also, good psychics, both independent and online, are hard to find.
16-11-2013, 04:26 AM
(15-11-2013 08:47 PM)gaby99 Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 05:08 PM)Sarah Stone Wrote:  

Hi, Thank you for the information. I have myself called these lines and I'm now wondering if I have spoken to some genuine psychics. It's a really annoying as if I call I would hope that they would tell me the truth not what I want to hear. Or what they think I want to hear...

I have never been rude to anybody. I assume a real psychic would not keep any form of information.

Would you say that the ones who don't ask for your date of birth would be more genuine then others?

Why do you think genuine psychics would decide to work for one of these lines if they are not satisfactory. Is it because it's easier to get customers? Then again I should think that they would make more money looking for their customers themselves other than going through a third party.

Hello Gaby,

No.. asking for a date of birth is acceptable for a Psychic to ask.. Often these are a stipulation required for the reader to ask by law.. to verify again that the caller is over 18.. and some Psychics do genuinely need this information especially if they are incorporating astrology..

I can't speak for the other Psychics but I was attracted to it because it was something I was able to do and most importantly something I believe in... And being self-employed brings a steady wage for an otherwise unstable profession..

It's also extremely competitive.. Advertising is usually colossal which is vital if you wish to attract more people outside your area or if you are starting your own phone line.. To set up your own company is also an expense if doing over the phone.. Because of BT fees

The disadvantage is a phone psychic can anything from 20 to 40p per minute.. But if the psychic is prepared to put the hours in good money can be made.. In fact it is ideal for self-employed.

The standard for testing differs greatly on each company.. On some of the cheaper lines no test is required at all.. Some don't give what I call a thorough test which includes some of the bigger companies.. Which why so many imposter Psychics get through..

I was also saving up to put capital for my shop.. Which meant sticking with something for a little while longer rather than jacking it in.. But yes, I was certainly dissilusioned very quickly..
16-11-2013, 05:39 AM
(15-11-2013 09:39 PM)Pifa1 Wrote:  
(15-11-2013 05:08 PM)Sarah Stone Wrote:  Hello everyone, I'm new on here. I am a Psychic Reader.. I have worked for some of the top companies.. I have also attended many Psychic fairs around the country.. I have left the Psychic profession 18 months ago and run a small holistic shop in Nottingham.

Thank you for posting this letter. I am not sure what point you are trying to make, though.

You say that you worked for many phone lines, so you would probably agree that there are some good readers on those lines (you would be one of them, surely?). I understand that some people calling these lines may be rude, but probably no ruder than clients in any other job or profession that the rest of us work in. I have to deal with passive/aggressive behaviour from both clients and colleagues on most days, for example. You question why people call psychics when they are not prepared to hear the truth, but as a regular visitor of this forum you would see that most people actually object to psychics sugar-coating the truth and giving wrong predictions. Going further, I think you need to interrupt a psychic if a reading is going in the direction which is of no interest to you. For example, if I pay for a 30 min reading, I do not want to listen to a psychic describing my personality traits for 15 of those. Also, I always interrupt a psychic if she/he is obviously on a wrong path, i.e. talking about my "sister" when I do not have a sister.

In summary, I think that most customers calling or visiting psychics do it to receive accurate predictions, and most of them are not rude or abusive. Also, good psychics, both independent and online, are hard to find.

Hello Pifa,

I think the point I'm trying to make is obvious. The caller isn't getting the best out of their reading if they manipulate a steer the Psychic for an answer they want to hear..

I have not said that every caller is rude and abusive I have pointed out that a hell of a lot are.. only if they are not given the answer they want to hear.. In fact very often the caller tries to conduct the reading themselves..

I do realise in all professions stroppy abusive customers are part if the deal.. But this is talking about Psychics and the quality of readings which in some cases the caller hinders the whole thing.. I'm not moaning about it.. Just saying that I was dissilusioned to where I've taken active steps to leave working for phone company's. I have not said anybody on here has been rude and abusive either.

Of course interrupt if the psychic is going off track.. But readings are supposed to cover all sorts of things, that's always been the case to give what's picked up.. What is the point of asking numerous Psychis the same question if the caller doesen't wish to allow for the fact that maybe the answer isn't to their liking..

Some readers are genuine but an awful lot are not.. In fact I would say more are t than are.. I'm trying to warn people to select one that has been recommended.. It's the fake ones that give the callers the hearts and flowers ending.. which makes it bad for the ones that are trying to be truthful.

This is why people on here are not finding satisfaction.. I'm only trying to warn you.. I have nothing to lose or gain by it because I don't work for the companies anymore.
16-11-2013, 03:32 PM
I have met some psychics from PTV and can confirm they are very different like when they are on the screen (LIVE). They are self absorbed, selfish and tell you things which us viewers shouldn't know if they did they would NOT call them ...few genuine for sure but the rest and that's majority isn't ... just like you I will NOT name drop... but it put me off that's for sure !!!!!!
16-11-2013, 03:57 PM
(16-11-2013 03:32 PM)Happy_go_girl Wrote:  I have met some psychics from PTV and can confirm they are very different like when they are on the screen (LIVE). They are self absorbed, selfish and tell you things which us viewers shouldn't know if they did they would NOT call them ...few genuine for sure but the rest and that's majority isn't ... just like you I will NOT name drop... but it put me off that's for sure !!!!!!
=================================
funny you should say that happyWink ,I did too .She is popular not sure good reader -has zillion followers on FB...and she disappointed me all she wanted was to support her activities get more readings and felt pressured to agree with most she has to say I hardly out word in edgeways !!!! ....felt numb after that...yet on PTV she come across so sweet and lovely ....my arse !
16-11-2013, 04:09 PM
(16-11-2013 03:57 PM)Emma13 Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 03:32 PM)Happy_go_girl Wrote:  I have met some psychics from PTV and can confirm they are very different like when they are on the screen (LIVE). They are self absorbed, selfish and tell you things which us viewers shouldn't know if they did they would NOT call them ...few genuine for sure but the rest and that's majority isn't ... just like you I will NOT name drop... but it put me off that's for sure !!!!!!
=================================
funny you should say that happyWink ,I did too .She is popular not sure good reader -has zillion followers on FB...and she disappointed me all she wanted was to support her activities get more readings and felt pressured to agree with most she has to say I hardly out word in edgeways !!!! ....felt numb after that...yet on PTV she come across so sweet and lovely ....my arse !

Why can't you say who/they are? its not "name dropping" they are not famous superstars that you have met and got some private life info about? they are psychics on TV/Internet and we are talking about them as psychics..and the information you are talking about is pertaining to their ability and personality which most definitely is relevant information to put on here?
16-11-2013, 06:32 PM
dom you are very aggressive today,what s happened ?
16-11-2013, 08:23 PM
(16-11-2013 06:32 PM)Emma13 Wrote:  dom you are very aggressive today,what s happened ?

Aggressive?!! I am simply asking a question why we cannot know about peoples experiences with psychics that we all have probably had readings with at some time or other. After all, it maybe a case of ensuring people avoid them in the future for readings. I am sure if you have had bad experiences with certain psychics whether on a phone reading, or in person, then you will have made an informed decision about future readings with said psychic. I am merely asking why that information cannot be relayed to everyone else? So that they have the same opportunity? I would not think twice about giving my view on here if it was me that's all. I certainly was not intending to come across as aggressive. If that is what you thought Emma then I apologise. However I do remain puzzled as I wouldn't consider it "name dropping".
17-11-2013, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2013 11:45 AM by curious2.)
(16-11-2013 08:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 06:32 PM)Emma13 Wrote:  dom you are very aggressive today,what s happened ?

Aggressive?!! I am simply asking a question why we cannot know about peoples experiences with psychics that we all have probably had readings with at some time or other. After all, it maybe a case of ensuring people avoid them in the future for readings. I am sure if you have had bad experiences with certain psychics whether on a phone reading, or in person, then you will have made an informed decision about future readings with said psychic. I am merely asking why that information cannot be relayed to everyone else? So that they have the same opportunity? I would not think twice about giving my view on here if it was me that's all. I certainly was not intending to come across as aggressive. If that is what you thought Emma then I apologise. However I do remain puzzled as I wouldn't consider it "name dropping".
Dom,
This forum is not to discredit peoples ability, you know from experience that people can have different opinions or experiences with the same psychics. I can understand why Sarah does not want to name drop and you should not get annoyed with her and if she chooses not to you should respect that. I am happy that she has pointed certain things out to us and we should commend her it and not put pressure on her for more and more information. If you have a reader or readers who are good for you why not stick with them. I don't need to know who they are because who I use who works for me and I am very unlikely to try anyone new regardless of good or bad feedback from others.