Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Talismans and Lucky Charms
19-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Talismans and Lucky Charms
Anyone got a particular lucky charm they believe firmly in. I happen to believe that more and more people are turning to alternative beliefs in order to make their own luck these days. Talismans and lucky charms, whether they work or not, certainly seem to keep people happy about driving out negativity.

Check out this article about a woman who sells this sort of stuff in the US. I love the bit where it tells of how she would have thought people would want to save their money in times of economic crisis (or something) and not spend their money on charms etc! LOL!

I believe in protective talismans etc, but not so sure about the whole concept of luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 03:53 PM
RE: Talismans and Lucky Charms
I've got a lucky St. Christopher that my motehr gave to me when i was a tennager. It's brought me nothign but good luck whenever i wear it. I wonder esometimes what that must be. And im also suprised that i dont wear it all the time, but when ti think about it i think it has somethign to do with me not wantign to wear out the good luck.

DOes this makie sense to anyone out there?
23-05-2011, 04:14 PM
(23-05-2011 03:53 PM)Curly Wrote:  I've got a lucky St. Christopher that my motehr gave to me when i was a tennager. It's brought me nothign but good luck whenever i wear it. I wonder esometimes what that must be. And im also suprised that i dont wear it all the time, but when ti think about it i think it has somethign to do with me not wantign to wear out the good luck.

DOes this makie sense to anyone out there?

Yes, i know just what you mean Curly! I've felt like this about a jacket i've had for over 20 years! Can you believe it. I only ever wear it when i feel like i need a little luck and so far it's always worked; I too won't wear the thing every day though (and i love it!)

What are we like? Confused
26-05-2011, 11:46 AM
These guys seem to believe in Talismans and luck and what not!

Smiles to you all.
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I always travel with a set of rosary beads belonging to someone that has past. I can't go anywhere without them if leaving the country. I guess this is my talisman.
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Why rosaey beads tehn Eridanus? Is is it improtant that they belonged to sdomeone who passed on?
07-06-2011, 11:09 PM
(07-06-2011 07:27 PM)Curly Wrote:  Why rosaey beads tehn Eridanus? Is is it improtant that they belonged to sdomeone who passed on?

Why not? A talisman is just something that means something to you and that you ascribe a certain meaning too. For me that would be the beads and travel. The person they belonged to is also important to me.
11-06-2011, 10:57 AM
I have an old St. Christopher that was given to me by my mother (now deceased some time ago) but i keep it in my drawer for some reason, in a little box. Maybe i should wear it? Who knows
17-06-2011, 06:05 PM
What about charms. What's your favourite charm everyone? Protection - anything really
01-07-2011, 08:56 AM
So no-one wants to talk about charms then? LOL!