Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Psychic Today doesnt really need presenters.. does it?
18-01-2014, 04:27 AM
Psychic Today doesnt really need presenters.. does it?
The deals are on screen, the numbers are on screen, the readers pop up when they are online and you can check the website for all the readers available. There you go, thats the presenters job done! I feel all the presenters do is halt proceedings and waffle on so much to the point where you want eat your own arm (ok a but extreme) what Im saying is... why is there the need for them? when the presenters go on a break and its just the psychic reading the texts and listening to the voicemails things run quicker and smoother. Why cant the show just be that? and the producers could just do some talking in between like they used to do.

Some of the presenters are really good i.e. Nicola, Charlotte and sometimes Adele if shes not giggly. I find the ones who waffle total bollocks all evening as highly irritating and egotistical especially when your waiting for your text to be read out.

Who agrees that if the show did away with presenters it would be a whole lot better? plus they would save money in wages too Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Psychic Today doesnt really need presenters.. does it?
(18-01-2014 12:05 PM)iamacolincookfan Wrote:  if they got psychics it would definitely be better

Do you mean better ones? the standards have been slipping in my eyes recently, have had readings recently where they thought I was a woman! Dodgy last time I looked I was a man lol. As for the presenters... I just dont think there is any need for them. Whats your view
18-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Do we need presenters ? and do we need the show ? don't get me wrong I do have my favourites ..those whose predictions actually happened but they are so few of them ...UNBELIEVABLE !

The reason I ask is because the show got rapidly down , more and more rubbish readers/psychics and so I feel presenters just get money for what ?
giggling ? for telling us how was their weekend ? for discussing their own life stories ?

Im sorry to say but I watch and pay for the readings not for drivel which comes out of many of them ...just annoyed and disgusted really
18-01-2014, 03:35 PM
(18-01-2014 01:24 PM)Emma13 Wrote:  Do we need presenters ? and do we need the show ? don't get me wrong I do have my favourites ..those whose predictions actually happened but they are so few of them ...UNBELIEVABLE !

The reason I ask is because the show got rapidly down , more and more rubbish readers/psychics and so I feel presenters just get money for what ?
giggling ? for telling us how was their weekend ? for discussing their own life stories ?

Im sorry to say but I watch and pay for the readings not for drivel which comes out of many of them ...just annoyed and disgusted really

Thats what gets up my nose when they drone on and on about their lives when really I couldnt give a shit! just read the texts out and let the psychic get on with it. I do remember a man presenter on the morning shows a few years ago called Laurence Gibson, he was also a psychic and a pretty good one at that. I remember having a few readings with him and his predictions and validations were right. I wonder what happened to him? he just vanished!
18-01-2014, 04:49 PM
I haven't watched PTV for ages... it used to be okay to watch while I was on the pc working.. well listen to.. but then all the presenters started to get all giggly and silly, and the hard sell kinda upped, and the nice little chats about spiritual and psychic stuff got less and less... so stopped bothering... I mean if they want to pull in viewers, using the type of presenters they use is a stupid way of doing it really?

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
18-01-2014, 05:13 PM
(18-01-2014 04:49 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  I haven't watched PTV for ages... it used to be okay to watch while I was on the pc working.. well listen to.. but then all the presenters started to get all giggly and silly, and the hard sell kinda upped, and the nice little chats about spiritual and psychic stuff got less and less... so stopped bothering... I mean if they want to pull in viewers, using the type of presenters they use is a stupid way of doing it really?

I dont know anyone who likes the giggly crap, I also miss the chats about the spiritual stuff. I do think that the "Miss Producer/ Miss P" tends to stall a lot of the texts and seems to be when all the giggly presenters are on so just seems like a girly love in. When the producers are rotated around sometimes they actually get on with putting texts through and you can tell they are telling the presenters to get on with it.
18-01-2014, 07:04 PM
I like the idea of presenters... just not the ones they have...... a few male presenters would give some balance.. and given that psychic tv's viewers are mainly female...... it seems odd that they are not using more male presenters.. and no I don't mean male eye candy, but male presenters... even having one female one male on in the studio presenting.... the hard sell reduced greatly, and done by pre recorded videos inserts and not by the presenters every few minutes..... I like the whole keeping texts to specific subjects, but the texts need to get answered really... this is what will get people watching and texting in, seeing more texts answered....

I first watched PTV years ago, and it was literally back to back texts, no babe style presenters but good solid presenters... the topics were interesting, and it was actually really interesting to watch, and all of the info was constantly up on the screen on repeat.. so we could see how to call, how much it was, etc etc...... now it is all hard sell, silly childish presenting, very few texts answered and PTV will only have itself to blame when it continues to decline, because the people behind the scenes seem to lack complete sense.... they are not in tune with what their majority viewer wants, and the majority viewer is female.. if they were selling sex chat minutes, then yes, use the babe style girls..... the last time I watched PTV which was a good couple of years ago now, some blonde woman had this really low cut top on and I could see more than an eye full of her cleavage.... maybe the PTV production team think they can provide this shoddy show aimed at no one watching and still bring in viewers...... and bringing in viewers is the way they will up their sale of minutes... not exactly rocket science is it?

18-01-2014, 07:31 PM
(18-01-2014 07:04 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  I like the idea of presenters... just not the ones they have...... a few male presenters would give some balance.. and given that psychic tv's viewers are mainly female...... it seems odd that they are not using more male presenters.. and no I don't mean male eye candy, but male presenters... even having one female one male on in the studio presenting.... the hard sell reduced greatly, and done by pre recorded videos inserts and not by the presenters every few minutes..... I like the whole keeping texts to specific subjects, but the texts need to get answered really... this is what will get people watching and texting in, seeing more texts answered....

I first watched PTV years ago, and it was literally back to back texts, no babe style presenters but good solid presenters... the topics were interesting, and it was actually really interesting to watch, and all of the info was constantly up on the screen on repeat.. so we could see how to call, how much it was, etc etc...... now it is all hard sell, silly childish presenting, very few texts answered and PTV will only have itself to blame when it continues to decline, because the people behind the scenes seem to lack complete sense.... they are not in tune with what their majority viewer wants, and the majority viewer is female.. if they were selling sex chat minutes, then yes, use the babe style girls..... the last time I watched PTV which was a good couple of years ago now, some blonde woman had this really low cut top on and I could see more than an eye full of her cleavage.... maybe the PTV production team think they can provide this shoddy show aimed at no one watching and still bring in viewers...... and bringing in viewers is the way they will up their sale of minutes... not exactly rocket science is it?

These babe style presenters have no brains it seems! I cannot relate to them one bit! I'd say Nicola is the best out of the lot because she at least tries to get the psychic on the front desk talking about something interesting or carries on a subject that a caller/texter has asked.

I think if they employed just your average girl next door type with some average looking male presenters on rotation it would work loads better. Im not arsed about the dolly birds that are on now, you seem them day in day out night in night out everywhere and none of them appeal to me so PTV's attempt to maybe bolster their viewing hasn't worked on me with the low cut top look. I want to see more texts being read out, more voicemails. I want to see all the info on the screen even if its scrolling along the bottom. More chat about spiritual stuff and no giggly girly banter.

Wouldnt surprise me if I tuned in one night to see the presenters hot oil wrestling naked while the psychic bounces on a small trampoline reading out texts and listening to voicemails while stating "this is for entertainment purposes only" it may as well be just that! the way its going it will probably get worse. My parents used to watch it a lot but have since not bothered with it because they would end up waiting till the shows end and not getting their messages read out.

Sorry to be so sarcastic in my views on how the format is now, its just my way of expressing my frustration at how the show has gone. I could say a lot more but seeing as people get banned for breathing on here I'll keep some of my views to myself. I will say this though.... if I was head of PTV, I would get rid of all presenters or have ones who dont waffle, sack all the producers and get in some older ones who can actually produce! put texts down to 50p and calls to only 75p a minute. Id have more texts coming through and more voicemails. There would be an add break at the top of every hour just for 2 mins explaining different ways of getting in contact and I would improve the web stream and take off that horrible banner along the bottom that seems to cover the Sky broadcast, all the numbers would be the same instead of there being different ones (obv there would have to be a diff number for Ireland viewers)

I'd make it simple yet effective! no one wants to see the tacky mess thats on now.
18-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Totally agree :-). I think they forget they are selling readings and have some sex chat format... You know like those ads on late at night for meeting singles in your area....

Even the shopping channel have better presenters and five minutes into the shopping channel a always fall asleep... It's bloody great for insomnia lol

I have never used PTV for readings but gave sent a couple if texts in when I used to watch it.. It makes no sense to alienate the viewers with poor tacky presenters... Lose your viewers, lose your sales.. Lose potential sales with new viewers going hmmm not watching this when giggling presenter is on behaving like a numpty

15-02-2014, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 01:11 AM by glittercat.)
(18-01-2014 04:27 AM)danitalia Wrote:  I feel all the presenters do is halt proceedings and waffle on so much why is there the need for them?

Yep we've been saying it for years that all they do is talk bull crap!
As with most jobs in life we all have to multi-task and I think they should make it mandatory for the psychics to present the shows as well reading out texts. The presenters have got nothing to do with it and with the amount of waffle and drivel they waste time on they could answer so many texts and voice mails instead. No one had any sense to begin with!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  psychic today buttercup62 5 272 08-08-2017 01:03 AM
Last Post: babybel87
  Richard and kimmie psychic today Sueq49 0 152 17-07-2017 09:03 PM
Last Post: Sueq49
  Hands of an Angel – The Favourite Auntie of Psychic Today. psychicdoglover 0 267 10-05-2017 08:30 AM
Last Post: psychicdoglover
  New Psychics and Readers at Psychic Today; Springing back for Spring! psychicdoglover 0 217 28-04-2017 09:12 AM
  Goodbye Psychic Today OneInOneout 8 1,147 27-03-2017 04:06 PM
Last Post: That Spooky Feeling
  Katie Keeley – Stars of Psychic Today psychicdoglover 0 328 09-03-2017 08:41 AM
  Future Readings What to Expect ? Psychic Today Blog drstrange 0 363 29-11-2016 07:22 AM
Last Post: drstrange
  Halloween Weekend; Psychic Today Special Shows drstrange 0 356 28-10-2016 06:58 AM
Last Post: drstrange
  Psychic Today are a total disgrace Secret 17 3,945 09-09-2016 09:08 PM
Last Post: pasha
  Psychic today are struggling tweetypie 14 3,135 24-08-2016 03:33 PM
Last Post: iamheretowarnyou