Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Signs
03-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Signs
Do any of you believe in signs?
You may or may not know my story but I have been on a roundabout of readings for a few years now about a friendship that is developing. Stopped readings but oh I think I am getting paranoid.
Over the last few months the signs that I have been getting are really bizarre and I am not sure if any of you believe in signs being sent to us for a reason.
Things like a few books I have read – just fiction picked up from the library but set in towns that are relevant to this person, names that are in the books also relevant and they are not your run of the mill names.
Company signs that are relevant to conversations happening and again not your run of the mill names.
Emails coming through out of the blue – again with a name or place that is relevant to this friendship and could only be relevant to us.
A phone call asking for this person by name (wrong number) but again not a run of the mill name.
Dates being thrown at me or things coming into conversation that are relevant
Has anyone else had things like this happen? They seem to be coming through thick and fast at the moment.
The one that really freaked me out is picking up a book to read that was set in two places, towns, countries apart. One where he lives, one where I live neither are large well known towns but they were there, in black and white in this book. I didn’t even read the book description before I picked it up. Just liked the cover.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: Signs
I genuinely believe in signs and synchronicity ... and find that sometimes the signs are clear and in your face and other times they are cryptic and need some working out....

I was seeing a guy a few years back.. wasn't sure about him.. then a neighbour came to my door asking me if I had seen her new kitten.. it had escaped.. and the cats name was the same nick name of said guy I was kinda seeing...... was hilarious.

Tonight I have sat here watching once upon a time on line.. am just catching up with episodes I didn't watch in December as was so busy....I have had a bit of a crappy week for one reason or another..... and a line in that just rang true.. it was about moments and how we have to experience moments both good and bad..... kinda like answering my own questions in my head I guess?

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
03-02-2014, 11:34 PM
I have seen you are having a bad week and my thoughts are with you Icemaiden. We all have them and they are part of lifes journey but they stink.

With my journey I have had the most horrible ups and downs but I now know they are a lesson to make me remember what I deserve in life and that if someone makes me feel bad then they don't deserve me in their life.

One thing that I find really spooky with this particular guy is that we often send emails or text messages that cross each other on the same topic. LIke we are both thinking of the same thing at the same time. We have both had symptoms of illness at the same time and often start the same topic of conversation crossing each other.

I hope you have a better week this week. I hope you start feeling better and I know it is of no consolation to you. But what and who is meant to be in your life, for your best will be there. I know that stinks, I know that is probably not what you are meant to hear but happiness I am sure is on it's way for you.
03-02-2014, 11:40 PM
LOL I am happy Miserable.... crappy weeks are simply crappy weeks.... I call it sorting the shit out... it's the age old be careful what you wish for, because sometimes when you get it you don't always want it... or its not all its cracked up to be *shrugs*

Signs are there for us to see.... I guess like with anything, sometimes we as people will look to hard for signs and miss them sometimes, or other times create them when they are not there.... and sometimes they are so obvious and plain to see that we can't miss them or see them as anything but a huge neon sign :-)

if I am asking for a sign... i always make sure I ask for a neon one lol

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
04-02-2014, 04:02 PM

I have an avid interest in synchronicity. I have experienced it numerous times in relation to Job's, vacancies, and social occasions.

Concerning career/work etc, there had been times in the past whereby situations and events just flowed after one succession to another and being in the right place at the right time, bumping into key individuals and seeing signs and signals in relation to the matter being scattered almost everywhere I looked.

I, after experiencing synchronization numerous times, read a book entitled 'Beyond Coincidence'. It was an interesting read.

Also reading a few biographies of certain entrepreneurs and certain public figures, they all shared a common theme, and that was being in the right place at the right time, and signs and events leading on from one to another.

Luck/Synchronicity or whatever you want to call it is fascinating.
04-02-2014, 04:10 PM
(04-02-2014 04:02 PM)uruk Wrote:  
I have an avid interest in synchronicity. I have experienced it numerous times in relation to Job's, vacancies, and social occasions.

Concerning career/work etc, there had been times in the past whereby situations and events just flowed after one succession to another and being in the right place at the right time, bumping into key individuals and seeing signs and signals in relation to the matter being scattered almost everywhere I looked.

I, after experiencing synchronization numerous times, read a book entitled 'Beyond Coincidence'. It was an interesting read.

Also reading a few biographies of certain entrepreneurs and certain public figures, they all shared a common theme, and that was being in the right place at the right time, and signs and events leading on from one to another.

Uruk,
I agree with that, do you believe that things are fated or destined and thats why we see signs to put us on our correct path?
04-02-2014, 04:26 PM
(04-02-2014 04:10 PM)curious2 Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 04:02 PM)uruk Wrote:  

Uruk,
I agree with that, do you believe that things are fated or destined and thats why we see signs to put us on our correct path?

I use to believe in fate and destiny.. but it could never explain to me why those individuals in deprived 3rd world countries had to be born into those circumstances of poverty and illness. Could destiny/fate be so cruel? I have yet to make an ultimate decision on whether I believe in it or not..

I think it is a lot to do with circumstance and making the best of what is available to you and to harness the power of the mind. According to professor Richard Wiseman, we create synchronicity and luck as individuals! I do believe this.
04-02-2014, 04:30 PM
All I know is, the moment I really start to think positive and maintain it consistently for about a week or two.. things just start happening.. magical things lol.. events, people, situations etc around me just start coming to life.

I'm not sure whether these things were already around me and maybe a persons mindset makes them too blind to see..
04-02-2014, 05:44 PM
(04-02-2014 04:30 PM)uruk Wrote:  All I know is, the moment I really start to think positive and maintain it consistently for about a week or two.. things just start happening.. magical things lol.. events, people, situations etc around me just start coming to life.

I'm not sure whether these things were already around me and maybe a persons mindset makes them too blind to see..
Yes, in life there would always be the less fortunate and it is just unfair that you have the man who is wealthy enough to own his own private jet and the man who can barely afford to feed himself and his family in the under developed countries. I am sure that these people did not chose this life and they would change it if they could. They don't have the opportunity to change it. If life is all about choices or freewill these people have neither and thats what makes me wonder if we all have to learn the same lessons during many life times and perhaps we have already been in that position many life times ago and its all about people changing places?
04-02-2014, 07:22 PM
I think we often have a tendency to overthink or over analyse everything and then having done that we label it, fate, destiny or whatever. But really, it is true, circumstances is just factual. If you are born into wealth then you have opportunity and experiences that are fulfilling. If you are born into poverty then you don't. Is that fate and destiny? I seriously doubt it, because that suggests that some people are chosen over others for better things.
I don't know I think its a bit arrogant actually. A bit like people stating god has blessed them, why would he bless one person to have or achieve what they want whilst another through no fault of their own starve?
Its a big old subject maybe its all just much more simpler than that. If we have positive frame of mind then we unconsciously manoeuvre those around us to respond positively and things come our way. Like Uruk says a matter of mindset rather than fate and destiny at play.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star Signs Dream Catcher 16 1,567 02-07-2013 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sidney