Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slightly off topic...
08-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Slightly off topic...
For all those on this forum that live in or have loved ones living in or around the south west of England, my heart goes out to you if you are being severely affected by these storms and flood waters Sad. I live in the south of England and we are getting battered and flooded to, but when I see the news and the devastation in some parts...its horrific. Lets hope this weird weather stops soon and the government focus on fixing the damage done to businesses and homes in the severely affected parts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 04:33 PM
RE: Slightly off topic...
Prince Charles got in trouble for sticking up for the badly affected areas... I am quite lucky with my part of the south west... the water damage is minimal but the wind damage is kinda costly for some of us.... I am just thankful I don't live in a coastal part of the south west and live in a hilly part.... but we are on Amber alert again this weekend for winds... we have had it since December on and off and it's not nice. I just hope those who have been badly affected get some help.... homes have been evacuated in some parts and others are still without electricity.... we had torrential rain again this morning and then hail stones.. then it was sunny for a while, now its rain and the winds picking up again.... this is some seriously freaky weather to be honest!

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
08-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Well if God was angry.... he probably would have sent the freaking hurricanes and rain the minute the C of E began using Gay Priests.......and well, the UKIP members were all dropped on the head as a baby..... or bounced off of every wall... they share a brain cell between them.... so far they believe Disabled children should be killed at birth.... all mothers should not be allowed employment...... and now... god is sending us his wrath because of Gay Marriage.........

08-02-2014, 06:14 PM
It is very bad where I am to...weird freaky day we had hail, sun, driving rain and strong winds in rotation, right now it is raining hard and winds have picked back up which is not good as we have a lot of felled trees this past month Sad A beautiful old oak tree on the green in front of my house, they had to cut down in the week due to it being to unstable.
There are always the opportunists that crawl out the woodwork to try and freak people out in times of trouble and strife. Nothing positive or helpful to say, just incoherent ramblings to suit their own agenda.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but for all those people that are REALLY suffering because of this, and will continue to do so after the waters have dispersed, I would say it is completely insulting to them to say such things.
08-02-2014, 08:34 PM
David Sylvestors said David Cameron had behaved arrogantly against the gospel.... and yes ...can you believe .....blamed the recent storms and heavy floods across Britain on the Governments decision to legalise gay marriages!!!!! I ask you ....how pathetic...?

Luckily I'm not living in the area which has been badly hit by the flooding .... Although even now theres a hard force gale blowing that nearly knocked me off the road....

What I'm concerned about is what's going to be done about the flood victims affected and those without power and electricity..? The problem is this country can't deal with any extreme adverse weather conditions..

A desert holiday lets pack the drag away!!!!! Pricilla Queen of the Desert....... Cool
09-02-2014, 02:50 PM
We have got sunshine at the minute... bad winds last night though.... Am hoping this is the end of the freak weather?

09-02-2014, 03:12 PM
(09-02-2014 02:50 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  We have got sunshine at the minute... bad winds last night though.... Am hoping this is the end of the freak weather?

According to the weather reports, we have respite until tomorrow night Sad and then it starts all over again.

Personally I get sick of politics coming into it. All the politicians point scoring and arguing. There are sometimes where we really do not want or need to hear their ramblings, and just need action to be taken to help. I am personally of the view that foreign aid needs to be re directed within the UK right now. We are having our own disaster and lives have been destroyed, farming destroyed and this will impact us all eventually when food prices soar and we have to import food in. We really are in a situation where charity must begin at home.
09-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Yeah I agree too. The farming industry struggles enough... I didn't realise quite how much until I lived in a rural town...over Xmas villages near to me had no power due to the weather and they all pooled their resources and had Xmas dinner together .... Why can't the government show the same spirit.... land has been ruined due to the bad weather, people have been evacuated and they don't appear to be doing much.... I am all for helping with foreign aid, but the UK needs aid... that money needs to be redirected to the people who have lost everything.

Rural areas have a really high unemployment rate as it is...we can't afford to have more unemployment... especially when the government could and should be helping!

11-02-2014, 01:14 AM
I actually live in Somerset and very close to the flooding that has taken place. In fact the back road near to my house is up to burrowbridge and it is closed. I was at the top of the levels today doing some work and I know it is an awful thing to say but the sun was out and the sun was glinting off the floods in the distance but it looked beautiful. One of my friends houses has got flooded and was flooded last year. It is up to a metre deep in his house already. There has been a great community spirit in the towns close by where food and clothes collections have happened. Infact they have asked for people to stop donating. If you want to know more info log on to facebook and check out breaking news in somerset.. Yes the government needs to dredge the rivers and use some of the foreign aid to fix it as it looks like London is going to struggle soon.