Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are people on here?
22-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Why are people on here?
This is a psychic forum. When I first joined, we spoke about different psychics, and our experiences with them.

It seems the majority now are complete skeptics - (but still pm and ask who is good, who isn't, what I think of him or her)

Yes there are frauds we get that. Yes sometimes it can be damaging if the correct psychics are not used. Yes we can hang on for years.

But please, everyone has documented there own experiences. Why make digs at each other?
And when someone does have something positive to say, people jump on them, your a psychic, you work for this company. I've been accused myself! I'm no bloody psychic, I just believe in it.
I put on a personal experience once, and got told 'I shouldn't talk about it' no good reason, it wasn't unethical. Why? Cos that's the mentality of some of the contributors.
It's ridiculous - why contribute if you have nothing to contribute with?

Rant is over, but I'm fed up of this stooping low.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: Why are people on here?
I feel the good (and there is some good ones) is far outweighed by the bad. What do you expect people who have been fleeced out of thousands and told predictions that could never come true, to say. Oh yes psychics are great it's just that i have been unlucky. I really believe that any prediction that comes to pass is lucky, guess work at best. I am no longer too sad about my own situation in fact i have said the baloney I was fed actually helped me. But this is not a be nice to psychics forum, it is about sharing experiences and sadly the negative experiences appear to be greater in number because well...........they are greater in number. That said it does not stop you believing what you believe in, each to their own.
22-03-2014, 06:42 PM
when I first joined there were loads of really interesting discussions about more than just psychic readings and what psychic is good.... that appears to have dwindled in favour of nothing but readings and not all in a good light..... which is okay but its the same thing over and over again.

The bitching, sniping and bad feeling is why a lot of people stopped posting, because many of us couldn't post a thing without it being jumped on. This forum is no longer a place for balanced discussions because if your opinion is not shared by some, its literally torn to shreds along with you lmao.....

Its hard to recommend a good psychic without being afraid that someone might use them, not like them, then go off on some inane rant ....a lot of psychics get a lot of crap and I am not sure I really believe some of the stuff posted (sorry but I am just being honest)...

I have had both positive and negative experiences with readings... but my positive experiences far outweight the negative.. although to be fair I haven't used thousands of psychics over a period of time about the same situation... so my experiences will no doubt be a lot different to others.

So I joined initially because it looked an interesting place to be and there were some interesting discussions going on..... I stayed because I made a few friends who I enjoy having a natter with now and again.... but a lot of people who used to make a lot of good contributions no longer post because of a few who continue to jump on certain people and posts.... would be nice to see a lot less of the paranoia about people and the whole tear them to shreds if they have a different opinion and more of the discussion we used to have on here... that is what would give the forum a bit more balance :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
22-03-2014, 06:48 PM
I think it just as bad to laud a psychic as to hammer them. You Icemaiden have started threads on a range of interesting topics. So you are more than entitled to your viewpoint.
22-03-2014, 07:15 PM
If the *lauding* isn't on the level, then yep, bad.... however, if someone has had a good reading, then they should be allowed to say that without being told they are the psychic they are talking about, or be torn to shreds......

If someone has had a not so good reading that has genuinely been not so good.. then yep, again, every right to say it.... the whole attacking specific psychics, the pack mentality, sorry, for me that's not something I like seeing and I personally find it a tad disturbing? (Just my opinion)...

Everyone is here for their own reasons...... but the forum itself over the past few years has become very negative and anything positive is often jumped on or slated....There were some great posters who stopped posting because they couldn't really post anything... there was loads of self help stuff posted and other bits and pieces a few years back, this stuff was interesting... we can't do that anymore because it all gets twisted into something it isnt and people are left having to defend themselves.......

I read a post the other day when one person had a different view than others and was accused of being a psychic..... and some people only come and post when a certain member posts and another member hasn't liked it... people used to be able to share their experiences... now a lot of people don't feel comfortable doing it because it is often used as some tool or weapon against them at some point.....

This forum used to be interesting and busy with lots of really interesting discussions that went far beyond just readings....... now it is just a place people come to either say yay had a good reading, no had a shit one......

Although I had a hilarious one the other day with a psychic sofa reader... treated myself, put the wrong pin in, got the wrong person... wasn't a big deal I thought fate might have been at play........ she said she saw me with a guy (I had phoned about work so was like okay whatever).. and we would either not get on or would get on.... (I almost choked on my coffee through laughter at this point)...... sometimes, when you have a bad reading, and the reader is clearly not good, you have to laugh about it... and I totally saw the funny side... I didn't feel cheated or hang on everything she said because she was clearly giving me one of those I will tell you what I think you need to hear kinda readings.... and to me, it was simply amusing...... I knew myself what I needed to do with work, and it took a friend of mine to give the kick up the back side I needed the following the day regarding getting things done..... a few years back I would have posted the whole story as the reading was hilarious and we would have all had a good laugh about the reading and some sarcastic comments... if I posted the story now it would be jumped on and then the whole psychics are all frauds would be posted and there would be few funny comments etc etc.... which is a shame as it was honestly hilarious

22-03-2014, 07:18 PM
You are right if it is on the level they should be complimented. Maybe generally there is a distrust of psychics.
22-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Maybe? But that doesnt mean anyone who has a good reading is the psychic in question, or is working for the company lol...... people do have good readings, its just sometimes easier to focus on the ones that gave the not so good readings as opposed to the ones who were honest and maybe disregarded? (if that makes sense).

On that note I had better get my back side into gear and start getting ready otherwise I will be very late for the girlie night out and I can't be late for the third time in a row lmao.. have a good Saturday night everyone :-)

22-03-2014, 08:20 PM
(22-03-2014 04:56 PM)Star111 Wrote:  This is a psychic forum. When I first joined, we spoke about different psychics, and our experiences with them.

It seems the majority now are complete skeptics - (but still pm and ask who is good, who isn't, what I think of him or her)

Yes there are frauds we get that. Yes sometimes it can be damaging if the correct psychics are not used. Yes we can hang on for years.

But please, everyone has documented there own experiences. Why make digs at each other?
And when someone does have something positive to say, people jump on them, your a psychic, you work for this company. I've been accused myself! I'm no bloody psychic, I just believe in it.
I put on a personal experience once, and got told 'I shouldn't talk about it' no good reason, it wasn't unethical. Why? Cos that's the mentality of some of the contributors.
It's ridiculous - why contribute if you have nothing to contribute with?

Rant is over, but I'm fed up of this stooping low.

I love this thread Star ....I have always admired your postings as for me they're balanced and fair...

The problem with a psychic forum it's inevitable that different opinions will clash.... You must appreciate that many people have spent a fortune on psychics and have found out that something they were clinging to and waiting and hoping for hasn't materialised.... .so they become disgruntled and bitter.. I suppose if I'm honest I've felt pretty much like that myself at times....

Deep-down many of these people aren't skeptic ....they still hold hope and belief ..which is why they still ask others opinions on psychics...

Of course it's damaging if the correct psychic is not used ....this is where a forum like this is valuable ... as members are getting others experiences first hand.... There are indeed many frauds operating (I've come across a few...)

People's opinions will always differ ....this is where unpleasantness kicks in.... A good honest debate is healthy ....it's when things get personal that the atmosphere on this forum becomes unpleasant...

To be fair Star....members have been jumped on from both sides ....people who've praised psychics are indeed accused I've found of being a reader themselves.... On the other end of the coin people who have criticised psychics that have not proved any good have also been jumped on ....I've even noticed a fair few have been accused of being another member in disguise ...in fact, not quite sure if I've been at one time... Maybe it's six of one and half a dozen of the other...

I guess I'm fairly new compared to many on here... But with a forum there's always going to be arguments... Just don't take anything too personal...

I would dearly love to see more spiritual discussions.... But I guess most guys want to talk about readings and psychics.... .as I believe it is part of psychic shows that put this forum together..?

I try not to get too involved in threads that look like they're going to turn a bit nasty.. Lol.. Smile

A desert holiday lets pack the drag away!!!!! Pricilla Queen of the Desert....... Cool
22-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Thanks - I understand people have been conned in some cases.

It's the bitching on here which isn't constructive I don't like. It is a psychic forum, if you don't like psychics or the occult, why bother?
Their are enough posts on here that people can make their own mind up - were adults, if we choose to use them why are we name called and blamed??
22-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Hi Star. I haven't personally bitched about any member* only given my honest views on psychics I've found have been helpful and accurate for me. Obviously ones who have worked for me may not have for others*..

I've also been vocal about my opinions on psychics that I considered haven't been that good. It's all a matter of person opinion, it doesen't mean to say people who don't like a particular psychic you may like are being skeptic.

This is a forum to air our views and start threads on anything psychic. Why don't you start your own thread about something spiritual? If everyone agreed with one another then it wouldn't be a forum* would it?

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now. ***** Morrissey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  People have ahead tiantian 0 507 24-09-2011 09:46 AM
Last Post: tiantian