Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mind Readers??
02-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Rainbow Mind Readers??
Hello everybody,

I hope that you are all well today?

After about 6 weeks of no readings, I rang Psychic Sofa today (weak moment)- I didn't catch the readers name but it was possibly the most bizzarr reading I ever had:

First he said, there is an undeniable attraction between me & the guy. That not to worry I will have contact within 7-14 days, that he DOES have feelings for me but ties with the ex.. blah blah

THEN...

it spun around to "you need to let go, FOOOOOORGET HIMMMM" its NEVER EVER going to happen (this was the first time ever I was told that) now, I do believe the latter part of the reading far more than I do the former but my God, did I cry!!

The reason I ask if some of it is mind reading is because previously, I had never thought that it would never happen & was full of optimism but now that my thoughts have changed, so have the readings. Bare in mind nothing was said about the guys current situation.

Anyway, thats me off the phones for a while. Don't know which is worse a fairytale reading or a heartbreaking one!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 03:02 PM
RE: Mind Readers??
Hello Dream Catcher
I'm new here so I hope you don't mind me replying to you. I don't know the details of your situation but I've read some threads and think that you've had some shocks recently regarding an ex and you've been avoiding readings for a long while?

First of all, you have my sympathy. I've had readings too which have left me very upset.
I know what I'm about to say is easier said than done and won't help you in your immediate distress but maybe you can think about it at a later point.

1. Don't beat yourself up about having the reading. You had it. It's done. We all have 'weak' moments but maybe you needed to hear something that, hard as it is, has actually been on your own mind anyway.

2. Whether the reader was picking up your own thoughts or just giving you bs, don't take it as gospel. I guarantee if you had another reading tomorrow you would get a happy ever after reading. And the next day maybe another unhappy ever after one and so on and so on.

3. You have your own doubts about what may or may not happen. Readers probably do pick up on that but it doesn't mean that what they tell you is the definitive answer. Yes, it's harder to hear your worst thoughts out loud from someone else but it doesn't make it true. No more true than the happy ever after version others would give you.

4. Just treat it as one way of looking at your situation. If you never get back with this man, what then? What would that mean? Would you cry for a week/month/year then move on or would you still want to hold on and see if there was a chance?

Either way, dream catcher, no psychic can give you that answer. That answer is inside you. The fact you had this upsetting reading has brought the possibility to the fore. It's for you to consider it now. It doesn't mean the reader is right.

I hope that makes some sense.
02-04-2014, 09:39 PM
If a reader picks up on energy and a persons energy is focusing on one thing then technically it could interfere with what the reader is picking up..... I guess sometimes we as people want something so badly that the vibes we put out are solely around that one thing, making it harder for a reader to actually pick up what is there, and instead is picking up on wishes and desires?

This is why I find using a reader who uses both card and actual psychic ability is better..... a reader may pick up what we as people want instead of what's there, but the cards tell it like it is.... at least they should do if the reader is able to actually read and interpret them the right way :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
04-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Firstly, thank you all so much for your kind words and support.

Secondly, I shouldn't have had a reading. It just upset me because as I said its the very first time I had been told this in nearly 6 years & a little coincidental that it concurs with thoughts, that I never had before now. I honestly think he was picking up on my wishes & fears at the same time but I am ok now. It is never a good idea to have random readings & I of all people should know this.

What will be, will be. Deep in my heart I know its time to draw the line Smile
04-04-2014, 02:37 PM
(02-04-2014 03:02 PM)Pomegranategirl Wrote:  Hello Dream Catcher
I'm new here so I hope you don't mind me replying to you. I don't know the details of your situation but I've read some threads and think that you've had some shocks recently regarding an ex and you've been avoiding readings for a long while?

First of all, you have my sympathy. I've had readings too which have left me very upset.
I know what I'm about to say is easier said than done and won't help you in your immediate distress but maybe you can think about it at a later point.

1. Don't beat yourself up about having the reading. You had it. It's done. We all have 'weak' moments but maybe you needed to hear something that, hard as it is, has actually been on your own mind anyway.

2. Whether the reader was picking up your own thoughts or just giving you bs, don't take it as gospel. I guarantee if you had another reading tomorrow you would get a happy ever after reading. And the next day maybe another unhappy ever after one and so on and so on.

3. You have your own doubts about what may or may not happen. Readers probably do pick up on that but it doesn't mean that what they tell you is the definitive answer. Yes, it's harder to hear your worst thoughts out loud from someone else but it doesn't make it true. No more true than the happy ever after version others would give you.

4. Just treat it as one way of looking at your situation. If you never get back with this man, what then? What would that mean? Would you cry for a week/month/year then move on or would you still want to hold on and see if there was a chance?

Either way, dream catcher, no psychic can give you that answer. That answer is inside you. The fact you had this upsetting reading has brought the possibility to the fore. It's for you to consider it now. It doesn't mean the reader is right.

I hope that makes some sense.

Thank you
04-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Hi DreamCatcher

I'm fairly new here too I hope you don't mind me posting, last night I couldn't sleep so I had a reading on PS, which was surreal, started off great, he's a nice guy, your good for one another, then she asked what the problem was, why the phone call huh? I thought aren't you the psychic..?? I said I haven't spoken to him for nearly 5 days..she laughed so hard down the phone then she started to ask questions about us and him..then no predictions or anything other than he's married! So went from good to bad (the reading) all in 20 minutes. If anything a reader should have compassion if when giving bad news, but sometimes I do often think some readers like to play on your worst fears..;99.9% of readers want to have a reading to figure out what's going on with love/family/home/work etc..imagine having when things are going right.. wonder what a psychic would say, It'll be interesting to hear
05-04-2014, 01:15 AM
I too have made huge mistakes and got readings, sometimes just for something to do and someone to talk to. Sad I know but is the truth of my situation for some time.

I spoke to one last night on PS - big mistake. She told me nothing but doom and gloom. That he is hard work, you will never walk away because neither of you can. He's damaged goods but it will be something. I can't see you ever being apart but basically telling me that I will never be happy because he is so emotionally backward. haha! have to say, nothing new there I know all that. But what I was ringing you for was some predictions. Not doom and gloom. They could surely get a balance.

Big long pauses, my money being wasted and I am now realising that there are around 4 maybe 5 readers worth the call. Most I book privately now if I have the need.

They give me the truth, good or bad. But balance it out. I don't need him read, his details read and to know all about him. I am in a very good position where I know him inside out and back to front. I don't need a psychic to tell me about him. I want to know what they see happening.
05-04-2014, 07:18 AM
I always go for a general reading when the psychic asks me what area do I require reading*.. I find that way the reader doesn't concentrate just on the bf. I guess you could say miserable that at least the psychic who read for you didn't sugarcoat*..

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now. ***** Morrissey
05-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Yeah, she didnt sugar coat, but I didnt expect her to constantly repeat "this is so hard, you are going to have your work cut out of you" I mean over and over again.

I felt like slashing my wrists when I got off the phone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  'I feel like I'm losing my mind': New York man goes viral with a harrowing tale of a dormammu 0 63 29-09-2017 10:18 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  The Clairvoyants: Cool Couple Plays Mind Games with Heidi Klum - America's Got Talent drstrange 0 402 06-06-2016 07:01 AM
Last Post: drstrange