Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Readers we have 'loved'
11-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Readers we have 'loved'
Hi everyone.
On another thread I promised I would post a light hearted look at the sort of readers I've come across. It's all exaggerated of-course but contains many a grain or 3 of truth.
I'm sure you can all add your personal 'favourites'.

Readers we have 'loved'

1. The 'Something' reader.
You have a burning issue. You tell the reader the factsso as not to waste time. You just want to know what is going to happen in this situation.
The reader makes a big hooha about 'tuning' in. She murmurs as she 'links' into her guides. She shuffles her cards repeatedly, gazes into her crystal ball.......

Reader: I see that something is going to happen in this situation. Soon. Or in some months. Maybe longer.
You: Yes (eagerly), yes?

But that is the sum total of her great psychic powers.
'Something' is going to happen. Sometime in the next millenium.

You want to tell her that 'something' tends to happen for you every day but you politely thank her and dejectedly walk away.

2. The 'changes' reader.
Closely allied to the 'something' reader is the 'changes will happen in the next 3 months' reader

You (eagerly leaning forward): Changes in what?
Reader: Yes, changes in 3 months.
You: Yes, you said. But changes in what area of my life?
Reader: Hmm, yes, lots of changes
Yes, but changes in what, you want to scream. Changes in the seasons, my underwear? What???
But the reader is like a broken record on auto pilot. 'Changes, lots of changes in 3 months, hmm, changes.....'
You want to point out that if there were no changes over 3 months of your life, you'd probably be dead but instead you thank her politely and leave dejectedly.

3. The sooo spiritual reader.
She's on another planet. But sometimes you just want to know if a project will make you money. Not whether the work will 'elevate' your soul.
Sometimes you just want to know, will I get a date with the hot guy I met? Not, how can I raise my vibration so I can draw into my aura the deeply spiritual energy of the dullard you, dear reader, tell me, may enter into my vortex or whatever sometime in the next decade.

4. The 'lessons' reader
You: I've lost my job, been dumped, got a terminal illness and my house has been repossessed. Will things ever get better? I'm so miserable.

Reader: You should be rejoicing!
You: Huh?
Reader: Suffering in this life is great! It means you get to clear all the bad stuff in your past lives.
You: But I don't care to atone for some unknown transgression in some past life I don't remember to possibly have an easier time in some future life I don't believe in! I just want to have a good life now.
Reader (astonished) You want to be happy? In this life? Weirdo!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2014, 02:58 PM
RE: Readers we have 'loved'
I can honestly state that in all my readings I have never come across any of the above mentioned readers.

I enjoy my readings with my one or two trusted readers who give me specifics not times dates but events.

I appreciate there are charlatans out there but some of us have found the right reader to help us out. Smile
12-04-2014, 05:48 PM
(11-04-2014 06:12 PM)Pomegranategirl Wrote:  Hi everyone.
On another thread I promised I would post a light hearted look at the sort of readers I've come across. It's all exaggerated of-course but contains many a grain or 3 of truth.
I'm sure you can all add your personal 'favourites'.

Readers we have 'loved'

1. The 'Something' reader.
You have a burning issue. You tell the reader the factsso as not to waste time. You just want to know what is going to happen in this situation.
The reader makes a big hooha about 'tuning' in. She murmurs as she 'links' into her guides. She shuffles her cards repeatedly, gazes into her crystal ball.......

Reader: I see that something is going to happen in this situation. Soon. Or in some months. Maybe longer.
You: Yes (eagerly), yes?

But that is the sum total of her great psychic powers.
'Something' is going to happen. Sometime in the next millenium.

You want to tell her that 'something' tends to happen for you every day but you politely thank her and dejectedly walk away.

2. The 'changes' reader.
Closely allied to the 'something' reader is the 'changes will happen in the next 3 months' reader

You (eagerly leaning forward): Changes in what?
Reader: Yes, changes in 3 months.
You: Yes, you said. But changes in what area of my life?
Reader: Hmm, yes, lots of changes
Yes, but changes in what, you want to scream. Changes in the seasons, my underwear? What???
But the reader is like a broken record on auto pilot. 'Changes, lots of changes in 3 months, hmm, changes.....'
You want to point out that if there were no changes over 3 months of your life, you'd probably be dead but instead you thank her politely and leave dejectedly.

3. The sooo spiritual reader.
She's on another planet. But sometimes you just want to know if a project will make you money. Not whether the work will 'elevate' your soul.
Sometimes you just want to know, will I get a date with the hot guy I met? Not, how can I raise my vibration so I can draw into my aura the deeply spiritual energy of the dullard you, dear reader, tell me, may enter into my vortex or whatever sometime in the next decade.

4. The 'lessons' reader
You: I've lost my job, been dumped, got a terminal illness and my house has been repossessed. Will things ever get better? I'm so miserable.

Reader: You should be rejoicing!
You: Huh?
Reader: Suffering in this life is great! It means you get to clear all the bad stuff in your past lives.
You: But I don't care to atone for some unknown transgression in some past life I don't remember to possibly have an easier time in some future life I don't believe in! I just want to have a good life now.
Reader (astonished) You want to be happy? In this life? Weirdo!

I've never heard such a lot of waffle., I don't know which psychics your using but the ones I speak to most certainly don't use those phrazes.
12-04-2014, 07:31 PM
I am not sure what type of readings you tolerate and have *loved* PG but..... if any reader was that vague and that naff in a reading, I would end the call and know it was waffle....

I personally don't wait eagerly for the reader to tell me what I want to hear..... I kinda wait to see what comes up.... I never give information, and in fact, on the occasion I have gone to say something, the reader has actually stopped me and asked me not to influence the reading and to tell me nearer the end....

I don't know whether you are simply attempting to come across as amusing, or maybe some people will put up with really poor readings ....but I have never heard such rubbish!!! **sorry**

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
12-04-2014, 11:02 PM
I think this is only a pee take - bit of light hearted fun that's all.
By the way, number 3 I resort with Smile xx
13-04-2014, 09:10 AM
I do get pretty peed off when a reader starts blinding me with my spiritual journey rather than getting down to the basics, or if they won't answer a simple question which is a straight yes or no.
13-04-2014, 09:37 AM
I agree with you Kristen* I find it annoying when psychics deliberately go off track the. Um .. and .. arr .. .*

Pg I can resonate with some of the quotes from bad readers but to be fair the readers I use are not that bad. .. The readers I've recommended are certainly not like that. .. if they are then put the phone down or complain that you're not satisfied..........

Icemaiden is spot on when she advises to not ask questions. .. I find when I don't ask they usually pick up what I called for.. and it's not always about romance ..............

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now. ***** Morrissey
14-04-2014, 07:00 AM
I hate the reader that blinds you with what they think you should be doing.

I don't want to hear about the spiritual journey I want to see what they see happening.

Love a good prediction.

I get really annoyed when I get lectured on how to behave. I'm calling a psychic not a therapist.
14-04-2014, 10:37 AM
(14-04-2014 08:27 AM)Yasmin Wrote:  At the present I am in Sousse, Tunisia. Yesterday afternoon I had a reading from an old woman in the town of Medina. I stopped at a small shop that sells eastern charms and jewellery. The lady read for me using sand as divination. She was so accurate with my past and present being specific in validating, not just vague and random. Amazing predictions for my future which seem to make sense.

This lady charged me 25dino's (£10) and in that time she asked no questions, didn't tell me I had to use freewill or anything like that. Straightforward predictions --- amazing!!! You could not even compare this readings to the phone psychics. Drawback is she didn't speak any English, the reading had to be conducted in French, as it's their second language.

Yasmin, now that is my perfect type of face to face reader. Straight forward, asks no questions just gets on with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do these stories prove dead loved ones come back to comfort us? Mediums Now 0 317 29-11-2015 09:52 PM
Last Post: Mediums Now
  Do loved ones in Spirit visit our dreams Sammy 39 7,784 04-10-2011 07:57 AM
Last Post: Sammy