Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why Have a Reading?
18-05-2014, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2014 04:29 PM by Sarah Stone.)
Why Have a Reading?
I find some posts on here quite disturbing... It's awful that people are feeling upset after spending money calling phone psychics...

I've worked as a phone psychic in the past for various companies... I left quite a while back as I didn't approve of the whole phone set-up with a few companies I worked for... There are good and bad psychics employed by the companies... but in my opinion a lot of the bad ones only interested in making money outnumber the genuine ones who believe in what they do... and possess the relevant skills...

It's not a comfortable job reading on the phones... People's emotions are in the psychics hands... What used to be basic fortune telling has now crossed over to being a counselling centre... which is not what a clairvoyant or psychic is all about...

In questions related to love or an ex partner... I have found the callers expect to receive a positive answer... such as a yes...he/she will come back eventually even though the caller believes they want to hear the truth...

Acceptance is the key word.. When one embarks on a reading please ask yourselves if you really want to hear the outcome even if it is negative... I found when I was a reader on the phones some callers could become very upset.. abusive ... and in some cases start to cry which is upsetting for anyone to hear...

I strongly feel if you do not wish to know the truth it is best to not have readings... If your question concerns a love interest or an ex... then I strongly believe your own intuition will the guide... If he/she makes themselves elusive and appears not bothered then acknowledge those signs... The biggest mistake people make is believing that if they love somebody then that person must surely feel the same way! Not so.. it doesn't work that way... If a person shows no interest or hasn't called you for weeks or months... then this is something that needs to be accepted...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2014, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 01:17 PM by Dancing Dolly.)
RE: Why Have a Reading?
I've bumped this thread up, i'll be the first person to reply to it. This makes a lot of sense. If a guy is cooling off take note of it. Ask him where you stand. Sure, I know prides the big issue here, but surely that's a hell of a lot more productive then calling psychics repeatedly who don't know the answer themselves.

There's many on here who are spending a lot of money. If you have a reading just have one for fun or curiosity once in a while, but to literally hang on to the words of a psychic isn't healthy. I know most will probably disregard this.

Ps. In the case of waiting to hear from an ex, if they haven't contacted you for a long time text him yourself. If you get no reply - hard as it is to be confronted with the truth, take this as the answer. If if the guy has got issues and baggage he would still wish to keep the link with you going. Ringing a psychic wont bring him closer, all they'll tell you is he!ll come back when he's sorted his issues out.

Would a man take that risk of losing you by keeping silent if he really loved you? At the end of the day these questioned need to be asked logically.

Think before you pick up the phone the ££££!!! you'll be worse off! Tongue
11-06-2014, 04:30 PM
If someone truly loves another person, or wants to be with or around a person, they will make the effort, regardless of circumstances.... and this is something I truly believe in.

I tend to have readings to confirm my own intuition, or as a treat... but when it comes to love... people really need to use their own intuition as well as look at the actions and behaviour of the other person and weigh up whether the feelings are just one sided... which is damn hard and no one will ever say that's an easy thing to do, because it isn't easy, its far from easy.

Just because we may want something to happen, doesn't mean it will happen... none of us can make another person love us, not through a spell, through cosmic ordering, through anything... love is something another person either feels or doesn't feel.. and there is not a person alive that hasn't had the whole unrequited love thing going on, or wanted someone, started seeing someone, and didn't want it to end when it did... it's part of life.

I agree with Sarah regarding the whole using intuition and looking at the way in which the other person is acting and behaving.... the key to the truth is often staring us all in the face it's just sometimes we as people may not want to see it... and readings don't always get to the truth, or even look at the truth.... for all the exceptional readers there are on the lines, there are so many really bad ones who will tell people what they want to hear.... and well, deep down, I think quite often people know the truth, but knowing and accepting it are two very different things :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
11-06-2014, 07:11 PM
(11-06-2014 04:30 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  If someone truly loves another person, or wants to be with or around a person, they will make the effort, regardless of circumstances.... and this is something I truly believe in.

I tend to have readings to confirm my own intuition, or as a treat... but when it comes to love... people really need to use their own intuition as well as look at the actions and behaviour of the other person and weigh up whether the feelings are just one sided... which is damn hard and no one will ever say that's an easy thing to do, because it isn't easy, its far from easy.

Just because we may want something to happen, doesn't mean it will happen... none of us can make another person love us, not through a spell, through cosmic ordering, through anything... love is something another person either feels or doesn't feel.. and there is not a person alive that hasn't had the whole unrequited love thing going on, or wanted someone, started seeing someone, and didn't want it to end when it did... it's part of life.

I agree with Sarah regarding the whole using intuition and looking at the way in which the other person is acting and behaving.... the key to the truth is often staring us all in the face it's just sometimes we as people may not want to see it... and readings don't always get to the truth, or even look at the truth.... for all the exceptional readers there are on the lines, there are so many really bad ones who will tell people what they want to hear.... and well, deep down, I think quite often people know the truth, but knowing and accepting it are two very different things :-)
I agree with you Icemaiden. I must add that I am tired of posters having nothing constructive to say and then can't even choose their underwear without going to the phone lines. I also find it hard to believe that when posters go on their reading blitz that ALL readers give them the same wrong outcome. I personally have nothing against readings but when it controls someones life and decision making thats when it becomes a major problem. Some posters have a bad experience and stop the readings, have less of them or stick to the readers that work for them, others keep on with the readings from any and every psychic because they look for the next best thing and then continuously blame psychics because they cannot blame themselves and in the meantime go on a psychic bashing crusade. The feedback becomes bitter and nonconstructive.
11-06-2014, 08:50 PM
(11-06-2014 04:16 PM)witchespotion Wrote:  it's all very well you telling us that dd, but you don't know the intimate circumstances involved with people's personal lives.

my circumstances are unique, sometimes there are valid reasons why ex's can't contact, everyone's story is unique not just mine Sleepy

i am involved with a man overseas who has lots going on and can't contact me, yet i no we are ment to b together. I've had crap readings but have some that are good and speak the truth.Sleepy

it's really none of your business if we consult psychics ss & dd. maybe you both been fortunate to have things go your way so it's all very well for you 2 2 sit in judgement and strip people on here of hope with your words of wisdom.

i'm sorry to hear of indigos story but there are good psychics that existHeartAngry remember, there are always reasons why a lover goes quiet, it doesen't mean he has fallen out of loveHeart

My post was not directed at you or anyone here in particular... I know nothing of your circumstances or indeed anybody else here... I am certainly not sitting in judgement of anyone... I make mistakes myself ...as for me having an easy time of things... you are soo wrong...

Like many of you have gone through divorce and heartbreak of my own... I've also had to rebuild my life on my own, making my own decisions...

I was just giving advise witches potion... not particularly directed to anyone.. I don't go back on anything I've said... If something doesn't feel right in a relationship it usually isn't.... I'm not trying to strip people of hope... but you have to be realistic and realise that you can't live the rest of your life built on hope...

Dancing Dolly's right... Readings are supposed to be for fun... entertainment and curiosity... Readings are great if approached in the right way and in the old days were very much fun... Can't you remember going to the seaside and having your palm read by the end of the pier gypsy? And what about the Psychic Fayres? They were fun and people approached these with an open mind...

Now the readings have become so intense... People literally relying on psychics for every little thing that crops up... and yes, I do feel the companies shoulder much of the blame...

It's no good becoming aggressive continuously blaming psychics for every failure... Jezus, you're all over eighteen... old enough to make your own decisions...

Most of you have experienced fake psychics... and there are plenty of those about but genuine ones too... If you've been having readings one after the other and the lover in questions shows no sign of interest... then sorry, but as adults you should recognise the signs and realise the psychics aren't getting it right...

This is not directed to anyone... but please look at the problem in question and don't bury your head in the sand... Move on if you're in a doomed love affair because if you don't address this and continue to make excuses for the lover... then it would end in tears...

If you have found a good psychics who predicts accurately... then stick to that one and only have readings periodically... just go with the flow and let your intuition be the guide...
11-06-2014, 11:21 PM
I do so agree that it is up to us to notice the signs of a cooling off lover .. If we're honest the signs are usually there.. I don't think there's any harm in the habit as long as its kept under control.. I agree with what's said on this thread.. We are adults so therefore we must take responsibility for our own actions ..nobody forces us at gunpoint to have a reading..
12-06-2014, 04:29 PM
How can anyone hold on to what's coming from a reading... I mean even if the reader is good.. what if the interpretation of the info was out.. what if making contact was waving from a car not actual contact..... so many what if's to consider about the future..... no one should EVER hold on to a reading and live their life by what a psychic has predicted.. that is just not a good or healthy thing to do.

Life is to be lived.. to be enjoyed.. I mean bloody hell, tomorrow is never guaranteed and we should be living every today we have with everything we have, Not waiting for the contact predicted by 17 psychics over the course of a month... or wait patiently for the ex to come back indefinitely.. and no one should be spending hundreds of pounds per month on a reading.. a reading a few times a year as a treat is good, to be used to live your life by.. not good and not healthy.

Sarah is right, years ago the psychic world was fun and interesting, it was to be enjoyed... now giving readings comes with so much pressure... readers have to be so careful of what they say because people literally hang on to every word and take it is complete and absoloute law.. some even sitting and waiting for it to happen....(not all just some)...

I used to love getting my palm read at the pier, or going to psychic fairs..... and then I used to love doing psychic fairs... until it all got so bitchy and competitive and everyone wanted to be known as the best in britain, or the world, because they have done a stint on some TV program or some good phone line and it all makes them wonderful.....

I am not being harsh.... I know some people won't believe that, and some may come back with the usual nasty comments.... but we all have to take personal responsibility for our own lives... because ultimately, it is only us who is responsible for our life, how it turns out, and what happens in it...... if you are someone hanging on for an ex.... do you not think you deserve better? If the relationship was so wonderful and the other person loved you, then they would be with you... move on, meet someone who will be everything you want and a whole lot more.... someone who will treat you right and in the way you deserve to be treated.... don't hold on to the past because the past has been and gone.....don't go to endless psychics demanding they tell you the ex is coming back, or sit there with notes and notes of predictions about said ex... if the ex was coming back, you would be dating, going out, he would be round for coffee... he would be texting and phoning you regularly... if someone wants to be with you, they make the effort, they would walk over hot coals to get you back... if you are not seeing any of that, take back your power and start attracting the right type of people in your life....because seriously, you deserve better than holding out for someone who doesn't feel the same way :-)

14-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Hello. I've been reading this thread with interest and agree with the comments posted in this thread. I have to agree with Gaby that the majority of us look to readers in the hope they can provide insight into our futures so that at least we are prepared. I was at one time hopelessly trapped into that negative cycle having ridiculously large amounts of readings. Icemaiden and Sarah speak wise words when they bring up the subject of the opposite sex. I've found out through long hard expensive lessens that what you say is totally correct. I made a huge mistake clinging to a man who wasn't worthy of me despite the signs staring me in my face.

If a lover does truly want you they will climb over mountains to be with you, so many psychics have blinded us with the laws of attraction that we have I'm afraid become putty in their hands and like Icemaiden points out handed them our personal power on a plate. Don't make excuses for you lover like I did, because it leads to nothing but heartache if you refuse to see the signals. It wasn't so much debt that was the problem as I have a good job, but my selfworth and emotions not forgetting the wasted time. I had what I thought a very close relationship with someone, a close chemistry with a work colleague who had just come out of a disastrous relationship. The two years that we worked together we formed a soul connection. We mixed business with pleasure, but he said he wasn't ready for commitment because of trust issues. He was transferred to another department in a different area to me, to begin with be would travel to london to be with me, then he became detached and yes, blew hot and cold, the communication became inconsistent. That's when I sought comfort from psychics. I used mainly in those days Nirvana Light. I was told by 2 regular psychics that we would be together, he just had cold feet. I was told this repeatedly over 18 months. One morning when I went into the office I heard from my work colleagues he was getting married. I didn't believe them but found out it was true. I felt humiliation, felt my world had come to an end. So, it turned out he didn't have cold feet at all. Thankfully I'm sparred from seeing him as he works in a different department, different area up north. But I know he's happily married to this lady, because I hear she's just had a baby. He's also blocked me off his facebook.

Magda and Angel Light repeatedly told me we'd be together, forever. We were soul mates. I blame myself for being so naive, vulnerable and stupid for not noticing the obvious signs, making excuses for the way he blew hot and cold. He made the effort for someone else but not for me. I lost my self-esteem, power letting psychics run my life, being gullible believing them. I couldn't even blame the failed relationship on distance either, as the lady in question also lived in London.

I still use psychics, once every 6 months and one reader. I don't ask questions anymore but just accept what they bring me. Please take a leaf out of my book, don't refuse to see obvious signs like I did. If a man wants you hell come.
14-06-2014, 05:16 PM
(14-06-2014 04:34 PM)pollypocket Wrote:  Hello. I've been reading this thread with interest and agree with the comments posted in this thread. I have to agree with Gaby that the majority of us look to readers in the hope they can provide insight into our futures so that at least we are prepared. I was at one time hopelessly trapped into that negative cycle having ridiculously large amounts of readings. Icemaiden and Sarah speak wise words when they bring up the subject of the opposite sex. I've found out through long hard expensive lessens that what you say is totally correct. I made a huge mistake clinging to a man who wasn't worthy of me despite the signs staring me in my face.

If a lover does truly want you they will climb over mountains to be with you, so many psychics have blinded us with the laws of attraction that we have I'm afraid become putty in their hands and like Icemaiden points out handed them our personal power on a plate. Don't make excuses for you lover like I did, because it leads to nothing but heartache if you refuse to see the signals. It wasn't so much debt that was the problem as I have a good job, but my selfworth and emotions not forgetting the wasted time. I had what I thought a very close relationship with someone, a close chemistry with a work colleague who had just come out of a disastrous relationship. The two years that we worked together we formed a soul connection. We mixed business with pleasure, but he said he wasn't ready for commitment because of trust issues. He was transferred to another department in a different area to me, to begin with be would travel to london to be with me, then he became detached and yes, blew hot and cold, the communication became inconsistent. That's when I sought comfort from psychics. I used mainly in those days Nirvana Light. I was told by 2 regular psychics that we would be together, he just had cold feet. I was told this repeatedly over 18 months. One morning when I went into the office I heard from my work colleagues he was getting married. I didn't believe them but found out it was true. I felt humiliation, felt my world had come to an end. So, it turned out he didn't have cold feet at all. Thankfully I'm sparred from seeing him as he works in a different department, different area up north. But I know he's happily married to this lady, because I hear she's just had a baby. He's also blocked me off his facebook.

Magda and Angel Light repeatedly told me we'd be together, forever. We were soul mates. I blame myself for being so naive, vulnerable and stupid for not noticing the obvious signs, making excuses for the way he blew hot and cold. He made the effort for someone else but not for me. I lost my self-esteem, power letting psychics run my life, being gullible believing them. I couldn't even blame the failed relationship on distance either, as the lady in question also lived in London.

I still use psychics, once every 6 months and one reader. I don't ask questions anymore but just accept what they bring me. Please take a leaf out of my book, don't refuse to see obvious signs like I did. If a man wants you hell come.

With personal power I meant take it back from the ex... not the psychic... after all, when people excessively use psychics, its not the readings that's the obsession, its the ex partner, or the relationship.. once you remove the power away from that ex, there is no need to excessively use the psychic.... people need to deal with the root not simply paper over the cracks with a scape goat.. :-)

14-06-2014, 06:49 PM
(14-06-2014 04:34 PM)pollypocket Wrote:  Hello. I've been reading this thread with interest and agree with the comments posted in this thread. I have to agree with Gaby that the majority of us look to readers in the hope they can provide insight into our futures so that at least we are prepared. I was at one time hopelessly trapped into that negative cycle having ridiculously large amounts of readings. Icemaiden and Sarah speak wise words when they bring up the subject of the opposite sex. I've found out through long hard expensive lessens that what you say is totally correct. I made a huge mistake clinging to a man who wasn't worthy of me despite the signs staring me in my face.

Sorry to hear of your story pollypocket. ... Thanks for sharing it with us as well...

I guess we're all gullible when it comes to relationships.. ... Hope you have found your direction......

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now. ***** Morrissey