Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Psychic puts idea into head
13-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Psychic puts idea into head
This article about a woman who visited a psychic who told her that she'd do something is a perfect example of how you make your own fate. I'm a believer in psychic power obviously, but there are these cases that crop up where someone visits a psychic who tells them they'll be doing something or other, and then that person goes away and does it anyway; claiming that the psychic was right.

This can't be right can it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2011, 01:42 PM
RE: Psychic puts idea into head
(13-06-2011 10:51 AM)liseypsychic Wrote:  This article about a woman who visited a psychic who told her that she'd do something is a perfect example of how you make your own fate. I'm a believer in psychic power obviously, but there are these cases that crop up where someone visits a psychic who tells them they'll be doing something or other, and then that person goes away and does it anyway; claiming that the psychic was right.

This can't be right can it?

I think it depends on the type of person that you are! I had a reading and the Psychic (who has been right on so many things for me) said that I would meet someone within the psychic world at an event. As it happened this person did have an event coming up in the city that I live in. Yet I purposefully didn't book to go. I waited to see if this event would be presented to me in another way!! It hasn't as yet. No time frame was given so I won't rule this out!

The only thing that did bother me, the psychic I read with went to that event. It would have been nicer to have met them than the actual event psychic. But i won't let something that has been given to me in a reading dictate my choices. If I am to meet the event psychic then it will happen all on it's own somehow. Rather than to become part of a self fulfilling prophecy!

On the other side to this you can get people who are thinking about doing something and when a psychic confirms their thoughts they feel more inclined to start a new venture etc!! W
17-06-2011, 06:03 PM
I take your point Eridanus, but not everyone is as bright as that are they? Without disrespecting anyone in particular many people will unconsciously go and seek out the prediction won't they? At least that's the way i see it. Not in all cases of course!
21-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Yeah, i agree, you have to behave normally, but this is seldom done by people who have had revealing readings in my opinion. I've gone ahead and provoke my readings to come true before and of course they have. It's so much less fulfilling when you instigate it yourself and it leaves you wondering if it actually would have materialised on its own.
01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
It's inevitable that people are going to instigate their readings to come true; who wouldn't. It's all well and good claiming to be someone who can resist the psychic predictions, but personally i think this is rubbish; why bother with a reading in the first place if you're going to be aloof about it. Pretending to not care about it too much does not make you immune to its influence.
01-07-2011, 10:37 AM
It's not about pretending not to care, it's about being true to who you are and only doing something that you would do anyway, by way of your own personaility/behavioural patterns!! As a psychic will say - what they give you is guidance, you can take it or leave it! It's up to you!

When I was told that I would meet this well known person from the psychic world, I didn't see it as a prediction! I saw that as a if it happens it happens! But I wasn't going to book to go to the event based upon someone saying - you will meet this person! I haven't dismissed this because no time frame was given and it may still happen. It's in my pending file for now!! But I'm not going to go out my way for this, I like the person in terms of what they are renowned for, but I'm not the type to book to go to that type of event they were holding!
06-07-2011, 07:46 AM
(01-07-2011 02:13 PM)Muffins Wrote:  I agree with what Eridanus said, it is not about being aloof or not caring what the reading contained. Having a reading provides information on what the future could hold. If I am told I am going Germany for instance in a reading(this is not where I was told I'd go), I won't go on the internet and book the flights. Its not somewhere I'd book by choice, therefore to visit there, would involve some type of invitation or enticement to the country.

So by not booking the flights, I am being true to myself and not trying to make a prediction materialise.

If I am told I will work in one company, I will not send multiple applications to it and dismiss all other companies, I will apply everywhere, knowing that the right outcome will come at the right time.

Yes Muffins, we understand how disciplined you are, but you're missing the point. Some people will go to those lengths!
06-07-2011, 12:15 PM
No point is being missed at all! While there are some people that slot into the idea of a self fulfilling prophecy with their readings, there are naturally others that don't! It's daft to assume that all people are the same and use readings in the same way!
09-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Hello friends,i am really very interested in this type of forum because i like to know this type of information.Psychic is a person who has some extra ability to do all this kind of stuff and i am interested to learn about this.

r4i

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  guides.well it is a lovely idea legalaction 17 1,144 16-11-2015 12:40 PM
Last Post: chrys
  an interesing idea iamacolincookfan 9 1,039 16-07-2014 08:39 AM
Last Post: curious2