Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The future in itself is unpredictable
05-07-2014, 07:25 PM
The future in itself is unpredictable
This is because people are unpredictable and situations change. Most psychics are actually the easiest thing to predict as they reel off their core statements that are part of the love and light handbook. Phone companies are no better than a call centre, nearly 4 years I have seen an endless stream of very decent people on here not get what they were told would happen and I hear the same words timing, connection, when the Universe is ready etc et. Bottom line is life is not predictable and paying 40 quid for an hour with a person claiming psychic powers will not change that. This is not a bash at particular psychics but the actual idea. The emotional price of having to hang on to all of the bull far outweighs the financial price.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: The future in itself is unpredictable
I think you act on your own personal experience, you can't expect others to act based upon your own. I agree with what you say but everyone must find it out for themselves, those who no longer post probably did just that. I have little expectation (read none) on what phone psychics told me, the money I paid has long been spent on life's little luxuries but the disappointment remains. I also agree the independent road is the best way to go.
06-07-2014, 02:56 PM
fair point
06-07-2014, 04:04 PM
I found this a very interesting article.

http://satorination.com/Do-psychics-give-false-hope-
06-07-2014, 04:18 PM
very interesting article indeed
06-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Without free will people would end up with no motivation. After all, if we sit believing everything is meant and we have no control over our life because we have no free will, then we could never make anything happen for ourselves.

I know it is easy to sit and state it's a psychics get out of jail free card when you are disillusioned with psychics on phonelines who have simply told you what you want to hear instead of what you needed to hear.... but seriously guys... the future is ours to make. psychics can give a guide to that future, and snippets of it.. but it is up to us how our future is.

At the end of the day, when a psychic is giving you the tried and tested spiel, with definite time frames and markers.... put the phone down, ignore it.. no psychic can give definite time frames, and well, if you know something doesn't ring true then it isn't true. Use readings as a fun thing to have a few times a year, not as something to live your life by, or as a reason and justification to hang onto an ex... you will just spend excessive money on something that is not going to happen if you do the latter. If your ex is not back within 6 months, the chances are, they are really not coming back... if a guy or woman you like has not made a move at all or responded in 6 months, the chances are they see you as a friend.... relying on readings as a way of holding onto something is not a healthy thing for anyone to do... YOU have the power to make yourself a nice future... so use the free will you are given and make something of it. And don't rely on readings to live your life by, because you will be left with bitter disappointment and that is NOT what readings are meant to be used for **smiles**

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
07-07-2014, 08:47 AM
I think the points being missed about freewill. Motivation is something most balanced headed people have. If I want to change my career I'm certainly not going to sit on my backside and expect a job to fall down from heaven into my lap. Some people have applied for job after job and not had that lucky break, so you can't say those people haven't been trying.

In affairs of the heart it does differ. I do believe that some people refuse to see outward signs when there parted of love interest has gone cold. I've made excuses in the past for my ex, don't make excuses for your partner if he or she is cooling off. Hard as it may seem it means they're not interested anymore. However much you try to understand them it still won't work, all you do is make yourself a doormat in the end.

In the case if finding a new love I think it's unfair to imply that again people are just sitting inside their 4 walls expecting a new love to come to them. When we consult a psychic we do expect them to have a glimpse into our future. None of us know if our future is destined so I guess nobody here has any answers. But good and bad luck does happen, that's nothing to do with freewill or making our own luck. It's like blaming people who have been caught in a disaster saying it was there freewill that brought them there initially!

If a psychic can't answer anything directly or says a maybe rather than a WILL happen, then yes, I think that psychic is using that get-out-of-jail free card.
07-07-2014, 10:25 AM
(07-07-2014 08:47 AM)pollypocket Wrote:  I think the points being missed about freewill. Motivation is something most balanced headed people have. If I want to change my career I'm certainly not going to sit on my backside and expect a job to fall down from heaven into my lap. Some people have applied for job after job and not had that lucky break, so you can't say those people haven't been trying.

In affairs of the heart it does differ. I do believe that some people refuse to see outward signs when there parted of love interest has gone cold. I've made excuses in the past for my ex, don't make excuses for your partner if he or she is cooling off. Hard as it may seem it means they're not interested anymore. However much you try to understand them it still won't work, all you do is make yourself a doormat in the end.

In the case if finding a new love I think it's unfair to imply that again people are just sitting inside their 4 walls expecting a new love to come to them. When we consult a psychic we do expect them to have a glimpse into our future. None of us know if our future is destined so I guess nobody here has any answers. But good and bad luck does happen, that's nothing to do with freewill or making our own luck. It's like blaming people who have been caught in a disaster saying it was there freewill that brought them there initially!

If a psychic can't answer anything directly or says a maybe rather than a WILL happen, then yes, I think that psychic is using that get-out-of-jail free card.

You make perfect sense.
I have had readings were the psychic has said to me "if you do this or if you do that this could happen." This is not being psychic just advising. I was always too polite to put the phone down and wasted money waiting for them to give me something I could relate to. We live and learn Blush
10-07-2014, 07:51 PM
(06-07-2014 10:08 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  Without free will people would end up with no motivation. After all, if we sit believing everything is meant and we have no control over our life because we have no free will, then we could never make anything happen for ourselves.

I know it is easy to sit and state it's a psychics get out of jail free card when you are disillusioned with psychics on phonelines who have simply told you what you want to hear instead of what you needed to hear.... but seriously guys... the future is ours to make. psychics can give a guide to that future, and snippets of it.. but it is up to us how our future is.

At the end of the day, when a psychic is giving you the tried and tested spiel, with definite time frames and markers.... put the phone down, ignore it.. no psychic can give definite time frames, and well, if you know something doesn't ring true then it isn't true. Use readings as a fun thing to have a few times a year, not as something to live your life by, or as a reason and justification to hang onto an ex... you will just spend excessive money on something that is not going to happen if you do the latter. If your ex is not back within 6 months, the chances are, they are really not coming back... if a guy or woman you like has not made a move at all or responded in 6 months, the chances are they see you as a friend.... relying on readings as a way of holding onto something is not a healthy thing for anyone to do... YOU have the power to make yourself a nice future... so use the free will you are given and make something of it. And don't rely on readings to live your life by, because you will be left with bitter disappointment and that is NOT what readings are meant to be used for **smiles**

Hi Icemaiden, how are you doing?? Its been a while... I do agree with you at the risk of sounding like a hypocrite- as you know nothing predicted happened for me & although I am moving on, deep in my heart I KNOW there was a mutual attraction between me & the guy in question. I believe both of us were just not in a position to be honest with each other, through fear, lack of confidence etc. Any psychic I ever contacted told me- it was up to me but it was more complicated than that.. Sad

I won't be having readings anymore because they served no purpose for me apart from an emotional crutch but I agree with free will etc, just because someone has feelings for you- does not mean they will act on them.
11-07-2014, 10:54 AM
and that should have been the reading, this person will act like this because. One thing I agree with many on here is this, you should not get a reading from a psychic who then uses free will as an excuse for a failed prediction. if this is the case the reading should be 30 seconds long and simply say'......just let the situation pan out and see what happens. That would then be a total trust in free will without the need for a psychic reading.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does the future already exist? Lucylonglegs 0 245 14-05-2017 02:56 PM
Last Post: Lucylonglegs
  We asked Las Vegas psychics what the future will bring in 2017 — VIDEO psychicdoglover 0 343 18-01-2017 07:34 AM
Last Post: psychicdoglover
  telling someone there future.. chrisw316 34 3,220 06-05-2013 08:31 PM
Last Post: chrisw316