Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
an interesing idea
11-07-2014, 10:44 AM
an interesing idea
The Universe is said by many experts to be not only infinite and have no beginning or end, but it is also cyclical, which means certain things have to happen in that cycle regardless of factors trying to stop it from happening. This means that the future of the Universe is set in stone and it's future is not open to any such aspects, such as free will, for example the supanova of certain stars will happen regardless of what happens inbetween. Well if the future of something that we are all a very small part of (the universe is made up of tiny atoms and so are we) then I would suggest our futures, just like the universe are shaped in the same way. Free will cannot get in the way in the same way they do not affect the laws of the Universe. So the future has already happened (anything that happens in a cycle occurs many times) so I would hazard a guess that free will could never be allowed a place in this cycle or the laws of the universe would end up in chaos. Just my own musings but worth a thought.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2014, 05:13 PM
RE: an interesing idea
(11-07-2014 10:44 AM)iamacolincookfan Wrote:  The Universe is said by many experts to be not only infinite and have no beginning or end, but it is also cyclical, which means certain things have to happen in that cycle regardless of factors trying to stop it from happening. This means that the future of the Universe is set in stone and it's future is not open to any such aspects, such as free will, for example the supanova of certain stars will happen regardless of what happens inbetween. Well if the future of something that we are all a very small part of (the universe is made up of tiny atoms and so are we) then I would suggest our futures, just like the universe are shaped in the same way. Free will cannot get in the way in the same way they do not affect the laws of the Universe. So the future has already happened (anything that happens in a cycle occurs many times) so I would hazard a guess that free will could never be allowed a place in this cycle or the laws of the universe would end up in chaos. Just my own musings but worth a thought.

Yours is one of the most interesting posts that I've come across cookfan. I believe myself that the future has already happened which has affected our decisions we make. If something's meant to happen it will, you can't run away from it as whatever it is will always find you.

Psychics can dress it up all they like but I certainly believe our future is already mapped out for us from birth. I'm not into quantum physics, my minds not that way inclined.

Cook fan; do you think our future has happened as I do? How far behind are we if we are? Is it years, decades or what? I just find it amazing when I go in a trance which means the people we once knew in spirit are way ahead in the future. Perhaps they can see our lives from beginning to end.
11-07-2014, 05:32 PM
I believe strongly we are only experiencing what we have already experienced many times. I also believe that people who have died do not understand that they have died from another plane and continue as we do after waking up from a dream.
13-07-2014, 08:59 AM
I agree. Perhaps people that have passed over are not aware that they have! They could be in a state of shock especially if the passing over into the spirit world was sudden. I'm a great believer in the theory that what is about to happen has happened already. This is why true soothsayers and fortune tellers get a glimpse into the future. There's so much that we don't know about too. I suppose if you look at this subject realistically, that we are in the past, then surely if there was such a thing as a time machine and we were to go back in time we would be where we are now? I know, strange:
This is a very interesting thread that iaccf has started. It's a pity that these more interesting threads get ignored whereas as trivial ones get the most feedback.
13-07-2014, 10:58 AM
I don't think it would be a shock at all, when we wake from a dream state we understand we are now in our natural state and the dream is dismissed as not being part of our reality, we do not hanker to remain in the dream state, I think the passing of one plane to another is similar, and I also believe that we pass many more planes before reaching the state that will be totally natural to the soul.
13-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Very interesting POV...
15-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Colincookfan, it's an interesting idea that everything has happened before.

On a related but slightly different note, I believe things only happen at their allotted time and not a minute sooner, no matter how badly we want something 'now'.
That's what makes me believe our lives are largely fated. The only freewill we have is in how we choose to accept that fate.

Think of the great lives in history, I don't believe they just happened through a bit of positive thinking. Those people were born at a particular time to fulfill a particular destiny. And the universe worked to help them fulfill it. So, for example even if they were born in a hovel in the back of beyond, at some point a mentor would 'happen' to pass by that hovel, recognise their talents and take them back to the big city. There, other contacts would fall into place and the person would meet his destiny.
His freewill would lie in how he lived that destiny - did he live it with joy and gratitude or as a debauched drunk constantly whining about his lot.

Think of a recent example, Nelson Mandela.
I believe he was destined to be imprisoned, to become the figure head for the anti apartheid movement, to eventually be released and lead his nation.
Now, if he had come out of prison angry and wanting revenge, he would still have been a hero to many blacks who felt the same way. He would still have been a world leader.
But it was his decision (freewill, if you like) to forgive that has ensured his immortality as a global icon.

Readers now use concepts like freewill to cover their lack of ability. Fortune telling used to be about telling people how many marriages and children they would have, whether they would be rich and have a long life. Freewill was not an issue.
Now, telephone readers claim to be able to tell you that your ex will text you next Monday at 9.31 am whilst wearing green socks! Then, when it doesn't happen, they say, oh he exercised his free will!
15-07-2014, 12:19 PM
great post PG
15-07-2014, 12:23 PM
remember if free will is as great a factor as people make out, then there is simply no need for a psychic reading, the reader simply has to say play it out, lots of people's free wills will influence this and because I cannot predict the free will actions of people involved I cannot predict.
16-07-2014, 08:39 AM
(15-07-2014 12:23 PM)iamacolincookfan Wrote:  remember if free will is as great a factor as people make out, then there is simply no need for a psychic reading, the reader simply has to say play it out, lots of people's free wills will influence this and because I cannot predict the free will actions of people involved I cannot predict.
I agree 100% with you Pomegranategirl, excellent post. If we all had free will the universe would have no control whatsoever and can you imagine the chaos if there was no structure to us fulfilling our souls purpose. We must also remember that one persons free will can impact on a lot of people, almost like a domino effect, impacting on 100 other peoples lives, how could that be. In the case of Nelson M the whole of South Africa would be different today. Whatever happens is the intention of the universe and I whole heartedly believe this. I also believe that the future is coming to us and what is happening now has already taken place. Thats where I feel deja vu comes into place it is a reminder that it has happened already.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  guides.well it is a lovely idea legalaction 17 1,173 16-11-2015 12:40 PM
Last Post: chrys
  Psychic puts idea into head liseypsychic 5 1,902 09-07-2011 12:16 PM
Last Post: anazonerose