Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Devil's Calling Card
17-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Devil's Calling Card
I remember there being a thread on here a while ago by Itchy! but I can't find it, basically s/he was saying about something more sinister behind readings, like there are spirts in touch with the psychic & although the reader is working with the best of themselves they are not aware that they are infact in touch with the spiritual underworld of demons, who use trickery/mockery.

It kind of makes sense because of the validations we get & we get sucked in to addiction, darkness, obsession, false hope, debt & dependancy.

The reason I bring this up is because I was told back in March (no other readings since)Heart that I would meet a lovely guy, that he has farming & building backround, works a till now. Yes, this has happened & I like him, we get on well- built up a rapport & friendship chatting in person & emailing etc & he is so nice to me BUT he's married, happily married I might add. I was so excited when I first met him, he's my type but now I can't help but wonder which source this information came from- all is correct but was never told he was married!!!! Or is it just coincidence?

I have no luck LOLHeart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2014, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2014 05:32 PM by iamacolincookfan.)
RE: Devil's Calling Card
they pick up titbits, never the whole story, for some the dots are given in too complex a way for them to join them up.
17-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Dreamcatcher, I went to a talk once at a mind, body, spirit festival where a speaker said that 'higher guides' did not necessarily mean 'good' or 'well intentioned'. She suggested that there are mischief making spirit. But also guides who have their own agenda for us. So, for example, a guide may want us to continue to learn some lesson long after we've learnt it and want to move on and just be happy in our everyday life.
She could have been talking a load of old baloney, of course, but I thought it was an interesting concept. If she's right, it could explain readings that mislead.
17-07-2014, 11:10 PM
No one gets sucked in to an obsession though.. unfortunately it's often the obsession that leads to people wanting readings on a regular basis and not the readings that cause the obsession....

It's easy when a person becomes disillusioned to want to put a dark slant on something people mis use every day of the week by the over use of readings..

Maybe there is no dark slant, no demons manipulating people into giving out wrong information, no evil spirits waiting around to give psychics info that isn't true.... maybe it's just a case of phone lines employing a lot of bad readers and people wanting to hear the false hope those type of readers give. (with a lot of good readers thrown in)...

My personal belief is that we are not meant to know everything.. which is why we are not always given all the information... like the whole part of the guy being married... sometimes we have to learn lessons and we can't learn them if we have had everything mapped out for us... otherwise we just keep the repeating the lesson until we learn it... a bit like some karmic wheel or something?

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
17-07-2014, 11:22 PM
The reading does cause the obsession by giving people hopeless fantasies to hang onto. Many readings give people the impossible happiness scenario and it appears so great that they constantly have readings to check that it is still there. These readings are often done by people with little or no psychic ability. The obsession always needs a trigger and that trigger is a prediction that tells them you are going to get a highly unlikely happy ending. To suggest readings have no responsibility in the obsessional behavior is naïve at best.
18-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Icemaidens right on that. It's got nothing to do with demons and devils it's all about an obsession. The obsession's from those who call psychics all the time and get bad readings from bad psychics. Everyone is disillusioned, that's the plain and simple root of the problem.
18-07-2014, 05:26 PM
I think some things we're not supposed to meddle with such as a ouija board, because none of us know who the spirits are we're in touch with. I don't think there's anything devilish from tarot readings. Its to do with the quality of readers, getting hooked on a boyfriend or ex which is the cause. It's all to do with our self control.
18-07-2014, 08:03 PM
(17-07-2014 11:22 PM)iamacolincookfan Wrote:  The reading does cause the obsession by giving people hopeless fantasies to hang onto. Many readings give people the impossible happiness scenario and it appears so great that they constantly have readings to check that it is still there. These readings are often done by people with little or no psychic ability. The obsession always needs a trigger and that trigger is a prediction that tells them you are going to get a highly unlikely happy ending. To suggest readings have no responsibility in the obsessional behavior is naïve at best.

Sorry I disagree... the ex or relationship IS the obsession.... I mean no one would have endless readings several times a day/week over their ex if he or she was not the root of the obsession... the reading may feed that dependency but the root is not the reading, its the ex or love interest.... that is the obsession, and the dependency... until THAT is broken the readings cycle can't be broken :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
19-07-2014, 01:02 AM
But you are concentrating on only one type of prediction, there are lots of other predictions that readings leave people hanging on. Unrequited relationships are only one part.
19-07-2014, 10:57 AM
I can see all your points on this,as the psychic world has left me wh a very open mind LOL maybe there is no evil, no demons no badness behind any of it, who knows?
I suppose, I got excited & hoped that this guy was right but a logical/non-psychic user friend told me it was all a coincidence & maybe I wanted it to be this guy & made it fit??? all I am sure of is readings have messed me up. The future is not ours to see & I wish I'd have known that sooner.
Anyway, this married guy- turns out to be just a lovely, lovely genuine guy, who I am lucky to know. Every one comes into our lives for a reason, he was just to show me that I should value myself more I think. I wish him well Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  WHO IS THE BEST CARD READERS ON PSYCHICTODAY? spiritualbeing 42 7,318 06-04-2014 08:56 PM
Last Post: blondrockchick