Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Romany reader
22-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Romany reader
A while back, in a thread there was a discussion about a 'famous gypsy reader' called Eva Petulengro who used to be based in Brighton. She had not been heard of for some time and people assumed she had retired.

Well, today I came across Eva, by chance. She was giving readings. She's 75 now. Although I'm avoiding readings generally, I couldn't resist one with a woman who has read for some major Hollywood stars (not that this automatically makes her good but it's interesting to think she's read for some legends).

She charged £30. I asked for a tarot reading not palmistry.
Her predictions were not dissimilar to those I've been given by other readers. Let's see.

After the reading we had a general chat as she seemed taken with me and I too found it interesting to get her views. We talked about many things. She's sceptical of telephone readings and doesn't do them. She thinks many things are fated but we can mess up along the way but if it's fated we'll get there in the end. She keeps her prices low and doesn't want to be one of those readers who abandons the 'ordinary' clients because she has a famous clientele.
She spoke a lot about the Romany culture and the influence of her mother and grandmother boTh of whom were readers.
she has asked me to stay in touch. I can't help feeling I was meant to meet her.

She doesn't advertize on the Internet. She doesn't do telephone readings but she does face to face readings in London and Brighton.

I asked if I could recommend her to people on an internet forum and after some discussion we agreed I could pass her contact to a few people via pm.

So, if anyone is interested, please pm me and I will pass on her contact to the first 3 people who ask for it. You can then make an appointment with her. I think that's the fairest solution I can think of.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2014, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2014 08:08 PM by Pomegranategirl.)
RE: Romany reader
Hi folks, I've shared the contact details with 3 people. I'd love to give more of you the number but I don't want to abuse Eva's kindness. If I speak to her again and she's agreeable I will share with more of you.
23-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Yes, she wrote a book called 'The girl in the painted caravan. Her daughter is the astrologer Claire Petulengro. I think she, Eva, made her name way back and was quite famous here and in Hollywood. She certainly has some very big names she can reel off as being stars she has read for.
She does palmistry and very briefly looked at my palms to confirm something but I asked for a tarot reading and that's what she used mainly and clairvoyance. She said she doesn't like being described as a 'psychic' interestingly.

There's a woman in London of Russian origin who reads palms. Her name is Julia and I read about her on this forum. When I attended a mind, body spirit event once, I had a reading from her because I recognized her name from here. It was one of the worst readings I have ever had! Forget predictions, she did not get a single factual thing right about me.
So, personally that put me off palmistry but others may be able to recommend someone.
23-07-2014, 04:27 PM
My mother was Romany, which is why I pick up so much I am sure. Strange how these things get passed down. I am sure she is a genuine reader. One of the few
23-07-2014, 04:57 PM
I don't think you can beat the traditional Romany when it comes to being genuinely gifted.I have actually read Eva Petulengo's life story and it was very interesting.Romanys to my mind are very gifted.

Kristen: I don't know of too many Romanies who read on line.If your talking about phone readers the only ones I can think of are Yona Farrell who reads independently,I believe she is Romany,Anethyst from Psychic Sofa is another one.I've had readings from both of these ladies who for me have been accurate and have not promised me the earth,they're straightforward.Markova I believe is a Romany on Psychic Sofa too.But you must remember they're bound by restrictions on the phone so it's not like visiting a gypsy that reads your palm.Depending on the area where you live you will always find one in a seaside resort,so guess that's your best bet.
28-07-2014, 07:00 PM
(22-07-2014 06:54 PM)Pomegranategirl Wrote:  A while back, in a thread there was a discussion about a 'famous gypsy reader' called Eva Petulengro who used to be based in Brighton. She had not been heard of for some time and people assumed she had retired.

Well, today I came across Eva, by chance. She was giving readings. She's 75 now. Although I'm avoiding readings generally, I couldn't resist one with a woman who has read for some major Hollywood stars (not that this automatically makes her good but it's interesting to think she's read for some legends).

Her predictions were not dissimilar to those I've been given by other readers. Let's see.

After the reading we had a general chat as she seemed taken with me and I too found it interesting to get her views. We talked about many things. She's sceptical of telephone readings and doesn't do them. She thinks many things are fated but we can mess up along the way but if it's fated we'll get there in the end. She keeps her prices low and doesn't want to be one of those readers who abandons the 'ordinary' clients because she has a famous clientele.
She spoke a lot about the Romany culture and the influence of her mother and grandmother boTh of whom were readers.
she has asked me to stay in touch. I can't help feeling I was meant to meet her.

She doesn't advertize on the Internet. She doesn't do telephone readings but she does face to face readings in London and Brighton.

I asked if I could recommend her to people on an internet forum and after some discussion we agreed I could pass her contact to a few people via pm.

So, if anyone is interested, please pm me and I will pass on her contact to the first 3 people who ask for it. You can then make an appointment with her. I think that's the fairest solution I can think of.

Eva Petulengo is well known... her daughter Claire is an international clairvoyant... She's read for many magazines... apart from many TV appearances...

This is the difference having a proper face to face reading than picking up the phone... This is what readings should be like.. an experience that I'm sure it was for you...

There are many Petulengo's scattered around England. Most of them read palms and the Crystal Ball.. I live in Nottingham...Skegness is the nearest seaside resort... There is an extremely good Romany clairvoyant who's been there for about 45 years or more... She's a Petulengo too... quite possibly a relative... This lady is about seventyish now.. But a wonderfully gifted clairvoyant...

I usually pay her a visit every summer... This lady never ceases to amaze me... She doesn't read cards... usually palms and the crystal ball... She'll never take a question but just focuses into her crystal ball and really is so uncannily accurate...

When I do once in a while treat myself to a reading I will just sit back and let the clairvoyant get on with it... This lady always gets things right... About my business (I have a shop...) health.. She's allowed to talk about this...You can't even compare the quality of readings to those who read for the psychic lines...

I'm sure your visit with Eva Petulengo was a wonderful experience... I would love to visit her but she's a little too far from me...
28-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Thank you Sarah, for that information. I expect your Petulengro probably is related. Eva told me many of her relatives are able to do readings.
She herself said she only reads in London and Brighton now.
10-11-2014, 11:50 AM
(22-07-2014 06:54 PM)Pomegranategirl Wrote:  A while back, in a thread there was a discussion about a 'famous gypsy reader' called Eva Petulengro who used to be based in Brighton. She had not been heard of for some time and people assumed she had retired.

Hi PGgirl. .. I was wondering if you could update on your reading you had with the famous Eva Petulengo .. has anything she predicted started to unfold yet? I have always had a lot of faith in the Romany reader..
14-11-2014, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2014 12:13 AM by sacredsoul.)
I am a Romany, i do my readings for free as my beliefs are that if you abuse it you loose it, i follow the foot steps of my descendants great grand mother/ grand mother/ great aunts/aunts and so forth on my fathers side. So do other members of my family, It is a natural way of life for us i did my first reading at the age of 8yrs via playing cards, tarots/angels/runes are something i do if requested but now i mainly i do spirit, trance i do rarely also . I also do not class myself as a psychic/medium but as a messenger only.
16-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Hello Kristen
Eva Petulengro is very much an old fashioned reader who gives predictions for major events in your life not small things like contact with a partner/ex or a minor change at work. As such she told me some things for next year and beyond so I can't report anything as yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Accurate Reader louieboy 38 6,927 25-07-2017 03:19 AM
Last Post: Toodles1212
  Julia Palm Reader Lulu Serenity 5 1,446 28-11-2015 05:33 PM
Last Post: Carr987
  MK Reader Question miserable 14 3,493 21-11-2015 09:58 AM
Last Post: lilone
  Can anyone recommend a reader on russell grant they have a special offer jaks111 1 564 22-08-2015 06:48 PM
Last Post: Kristen
  Another reader Eleanor on Psychic Sofa Eleanor 15 4,426 24-11-2013 09:45 PM
Last Post: KentGirl
  Marco Kooma Reader Sapphire 1 1,853 17-05-2012 06:39 AM
Last Post: homan34