Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
another FB page
24-06-2011, 10:33 PM
another FB page
There's a new Facebook page called 'Psychic TV is a scam'....just thought I'd point it out for those of you who are on Facebook Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2011, 11:33 PM
RE: another FB page
Don't know....but it could get interesting! Smile
24-06-2011, 11:53 PM
(24-06-2011 11:49 PM)Muffins Wrote:  I don't know. There are a lot of sceptic groups out there anyway. If people just wanted to give their own real opinions on the psychics who they have had readings, its one thing. But if its a vendetta against a service they use anyway, they may be causing themselves more harm than good.

I've had a look at the page and where I've always agreed that the mystic service is rubbish, I disagree about targeting PI. PI is part of a massive industry and there are other sites and tv shows offering the same services.

PI offers a service and its up to people to use it if they wish, but to use wisely. The choices people make in terms of their "favourite" readers or those they try out, is entirely up to them. Repeating myself here, but who is good for me, may not be good for another.

There are without doubt many gifted readers on the service and some who are either not in the same league, or not in any league at all. The show itself is simply a platform to show potential offerings and as a company wishing to make a profit, there is a sales pitch naturally to market the different services. Some presenters are better than others, simply due to the nature of their personality and/or the interest they have in the area they are presenting in. I don't care for the heavy sales pitch and I do turn over from the channel if certain presenters are working (assuming of course a psychic I like to watch is not working). On the other hand, if I like the presenter and the psychics are working, I will continue to watch. There are three new presenters of late, 2 of which I definitely turn off, the dark haired, quietly spoken lady, I will watch.

The show is also a platform for the psychics to make themselves known for private work, and indeed I am glad that it is available otherwise i would not have learnt so much about the psychic world.

I would urge whoever set up the page to revisit the idea of targeting PI alone, and look at the industry as a whole. Its only adding fuel to fire where sceptics and regulators are concerned.

I would also urge PI to look at the reasons for the set up of this page on FB, and see can they look to mitigate the issues that people are raising. Not just for themselves as a company, but those who read for them, and those who actually enjoy the show and don't wish to see it disappear.

Well said Muffins I agree 100%Smile
25-06-2011, 04:36 AM
I think whoever set the page up is being silly.

You approached the service out of your own choice - if it didn't serve you well complain to customer services or put up the appropriate testimonial.

After all you are advised it is all for entertainment purposes and nothing is guaranteed.

As Muffins said "it's up to people & "use wisely"

Love & Light.
25-06-2011, 07:32 AM
well put

(25-06-2011 04:36 AM)Arieslon Wrote:  I think whoever set the page up is being silly.

You approached the service out of your own choice - if it didn't serve you well complain to customer services or put up the appropriate testimonial.

After all you are advised it is all for entertainment purposes and nothing is guaranteed.

As Muffins said "it's up to people & "use wisely"

Love & Light.
25-06-2011, 01:19 PM
yes personally I would rather the name changed as I don't believe its a scam, but I can see why others do. I don't know who set it up, but they've obviously got so many bad readings now, i.e. nothing has come true that they now believe PTV is a scam. I believe they're a shoddy company with no morals, but there are genuine good psychics but not all of them are. And yes they have a customer service team that you have to pay to ring and who don't make any changes so what's the point in calling them? And are you seriously going to throw out the 'for entertainment purposes only' crap at me? Do you honestly not see how patronizing that is? People are vulnerable they get caught in a spiral of readings where they do end up out of control, this is fact. Those people aren't sad, stupid, just desperate for a reading that will come true. And when it doesn't, that hurts, and let me tell you, it's not entertaining! Like I said, I don't like the name, perhaps Psychic TV, Your Thoughts....and leave it open for whatever people want to write, be it good or bad, as long as it's true. They obviously want to target that company cos perhaps it's the only one they use? and there's nothing wrong with targeting one show, it's like Emmerdale Like or Dislike...or whatever!! Ok entirely different programmes there but you get my jist!
25-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I think it is set up by some body who has been through the mill with readings and no predictions. Also somebody who understandably objects sometimes that some posts get wiped from the real FB page..and frustration on editing and the service and some of the 'bull' has just boiled over..though for me the forum allows for discussion and debate..which we know at least some of the time PTv reads

I've read the page and from the gist of it is that there are some good psychics and there fore bypass the TV station and go directly to them.

Al though I am not sure this is the right approach..I do think there are people who want to take the gloss down and have the station take greater responsibility for their audience/client, not treat them as though they are stupid and are retaliating against the amount of editing/censorship that goes on to maintain this super gloss..
25-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Ha yes Muffins I hear you..sometimes when all you read is scam and disappointment it is hard to keep ones own faith and beliefs. When this happens I stand back...and think about the specifics and validations that I know to be true form the readers I have trust in..against what I know to be real from the issue..when I see they are walking hand in hand..then I know at the very least I have great access to insight and verification of the situation..! but yes I do understand..have though stopped watching the show as much as don't like many of the presenters, the style of the show or the psychics now..and also I wonder if it whips us all into constant frenzy if we are watching other people asking questions!!!!!!!!
28-06-2011, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2011 11:53 AM by Taurus Girl.)
Here here. We all obviously like and have belief in the service to some extent or we wouldnt all be here talking about it. There are some great readers with psychic tv and it seems a shame that sometimes this is frogotten when people have a not so good experience. Dont get me wrong there are things that annoy me about psychic tv and some readers on there i would never choose to go through to but sammie aldo anistra moodflower have all helped me at some point over the last few months and im grateful that psychic tv has discvoered such gifted readers. Again i guess its the personal prefernce thing. Each to their own. L&l Taurus Girl xoxo
29-06-2011, 09:31 AM
(29-06-2011 12:17 AM)Muffins Wrote:  Although not certain, I believe that one of the posters on the scam page has just text Sammie about her love situation!!!!

Yes I saw that too muffins and thought the same Smile