Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Readers Opinions
10-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Readers Opinions
Hi everyone.

Haven't been on here for a while but would be interested to hear if there are any readers on board that can give their side of things to any discussion. I know we've had a few on here in the past, but think it would be interesting to hear what it's like working as a psychic especially on phones.

I take it there must be readers from the circle or psychic TV who come on here? For instance do they enjoy the work etc. etc.,

Think before you pick up the phone the ££££!!! you'll be worse off! Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: Readers Opinions
readers dont come on here because they will get trounced upon lol. And rightly too. I think there is a lot of people out there that want their money back lol
11-09-2014, 01:21 AM
Yes but i think the psychics who do join a public debatable forum need to be seriously thick skinned because there will always be clients who aren't happy with a reading and they wont hold back in expressing it.

Also it wouldn't be a great step for a psychic to join if they are trying to maintain their image and retain a customer base. This is the case with everything. There will always be satisfaction as well as disatisfaction, nobody is 100% perfect or 100% accurate. Nothing ever is
11-09-2014, 09:43 AM
I think they would need to be a bit more than thick skinned to be fair given some of the threads that have got really nasty over some readers. When to be fair, the nastiness is not needed.

Opinion is one thing. I have myself in the past had some really god awful readings. I just don't use the reader again. I had one a while ago where the reader said "Are you thinking of changing your car"... I was like errrr I don't drive. I wouldn't come on here and completely annihilate the woman as there is no need. I phoned for a little reading, it was rubbish, won't be using her again.... but then to be fair, I haven't used readers on a daily basis or ran myself up huge debts to cover the cost of readings.

It would be nice to see some of the phone readers post in here... they used to when I first joined. But I can fully understand why they don't now. People are not just slating readers, they are blaming them for getting them into debt, for the choices they made, for the fact they held on for something. And that is a lot of anger, and a lot of people who hold onto the anger.... I doubt they could sit there and discuss with them, or ask them valid questions about the job, it would all get nasty and bitter. So based on that I can fully understand why they don't.

It's bad enough for us people who read but don't read on phone lines sometimes lol

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
11-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Thanks Enrico for having the guts to come on board and sharing your tales as a reader. I believe people can learn from looking at 2 sides of the coin. I personally am a wee bit of a skeptic but I do occasionally have a reading once of twice a year purely for entertainment. I don't really know if a psychic has ever come up with anything extraordinary, maybe little things which are pretty general, but other than that no. I'm quite open minded to a certain extent though.

Think before you pick up the phone the ££££!!! you'll be worse off! Tongue
12-09-2014, 07:46 AM
(11-09-2014 06:55 PM)Enrico Wrote:  Hi. As it happens I was/still am pt a reader-- but I'm not so daft as to give you my real name, because any psychic that does that is asking for trouble. Yes, it's the pantomime baddie thing. I do this work in between jobs -- marking time to make a bit of money -- I'm still with 2 companies now that I occasionally log on to maybe in a weekend as I work for the public sector in the Housing Benefit Department.

I'm a proper reader who reads the runes and the crystal ball. I don't use any script and I never have done. Ive worked for a few companies --- I have found the companies that charge the cheaper rate per reading seem to attract most vile of callers ---they expect the reader to sort out legal problems despite the disclaimer - financial advisor - love counsellor .. seriously guys, is this what a reader is all about..

I'm not psychic I'm clairvoyant - there's a big difference. We're in a sticky situation when we get callers in a desperate state wanting to know if the ex will call them or return.. Lots of women (90% callers are womenWink they stalk men, ring up time and time again going over the same repeated thing.. in the end you give in.. tell them what they want to hear otherwise your banging your head on a brick wall. We have to be careful of suicide too.

I've started off with good intentions, if people ask for a basic reading I give it to them and tune into their energies. But most of them only want to know about love--- I have to play things by ear, listen to the emotional state of the caller -- some are ready to take the truth others aren't. I'm very direct with my readings, I don't mess about., I tell callers what's what..

Those that don't want to hear the truth will always become very defensive and say I haven't connected with them, so I give up. I'm sure there's some of you guys on here that can be like that too. Readers do come in for a lot of stick on here, I've been an avid viewer on and off.

By the way, I'm under a different name as a reader.

Hi. Welcome aboard Enrico. I'm not about to jump on you or anything as it is interesting to give a Psychics prospective on everything .. But you say you sometimes go along with what the caller wants to hear: can you explain that more thoroughly please?
12-09-2014, 09:34 AM
I think that can be said for all walks of life though regarding the truth... People will always become defensive and sometimes damn right nasty when someone says the truth, or touch a raw nerve. I guess it's the age old wanting to believe a lie more than facing up to the truth of a situation?

I have a few friends who work on the phone lines, and one of them has said very similar to Enrico, that they want to give a genuine reading, want to actively help people move forward, but unless some people are told what they want to hear, they can often not be very nice. This is why I have said on here many times that people themselves get themselves stuck in the cycle of readings because they won't listen to the truth, or don't want to hear it... or sometimes are not ready to hear it?

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
12-09-2014, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 02:39 PM by avidity.)
I definitely agree to a certain extent - and i feel sorry for some psychic readers who may have a client pushing and steering them towards telling them what they may want to hear instead of what the actual reader is seeing. it puts the psychic in such an unfair and difficult position.. i really dont know how they do it. have to be really strong willed i guess. imagine like, if someone suicidal calls and they really want to hear about something positive or a positive outcome to something, but when the reader lays the cards or tunes in via clairvoyance, they see the total opposite, it must put the psychic is such a huge predicament and they would have to tread very carefully with the words they use in case it tips the client over the edge!

a lot of emotions at play here! and it seems like a really difficult emotionally draining job.

also, if the reader was totally blatant and just gave the reading exactly how they see it, they would be judged immediately as being horrible and cold and not a nice reader.

or if the reader gives an amazing reading.. one that seems to good to be true, they could be accused of creating fairy tales! its like a no win situation! lol

but at the same time i also feel sorry for some people who call psychic lines and are told of predictions that dont happen. This can also be a bit heart wrenching.

i guess im in the middle on this one.

but usually, on forums etc, i think we hardly would ever hear from those people who have good readings and who's predictions do come true. I dont think those people who do have amazing readings and who's predictions have come true really are posting on any forums because they are busy being happy lol! but seriously, because they may have got what they wanted they may not be in a position to really share because they are in a different mindset maybe?

when i go on product forums etc like apple iphone, samsung tvs and fridge freezers etc its mainly all the dissatisfied people who post! i never see those people who are happy with the products ever just randomly posting lol.

so i dont think we really see both fair sides. more of the dissatisfied people are more likely to post/share, as opposed to those who are satisfied.

but coming to think of it, the websites that host the telephone lines are practically full of positive experiences as they dont really post any negatives lol.

maybe that balances it out? the positive experiences can be seen on the websites, and the negative experiences can be shared via forums
20-09-2014, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2014 11:26 PM by iamacolincookfan.)
i think it is good to get a balanced view from both readers and non readers, that of course is healthy. However no-one expects a psychic to be super human but some of them and i mean some predict nothing, not a jot and expecting a psychic and remember they call themselves that, would suggest that they can predict, if they can't then fine, simply say this reading is for guidance only and no predictions will be made then those that want guidance can have it and those that want predictions can go elsewhere. in the early days i was not expecting the psychic to get me my ex back i simply wanted to know if that would be the likeliest scenario and they all said yes, i never cried down the phone desperate for a yes i just wanted a prediction and i would have been just as happy with a no. well it was a no but i had to find that out for myself and had to endure an engagement and a marriage all things that surprised me as they were not predicted. i do not blame anyone but myself for these turns of events and i learnt a lot, but really if you are a predictive psychic who does not predict then you are a can of beans with tomatoes inside in my opinion.
21-09-2014, 09:23 AM
i rang psychics a lot in the early days, however nowadays i rarely use them. i hold no bitterness whatsoever to the psychics, i have now been able to see exactly why my relationship broke down. I know the pressure people put on psychics to give them what they want must be immense, these people are only ringing to have their own illusions supported. Lately my readings with one psychic was only to do with my child being taken further away from me and thank goodness he got it spot on, he also warned me a year before that my ex would get married so i am not anti psychic. i do sympathise with some psychics as there are sitters who do not want readings simply reassurance and when they do not get it they say there was no connection.you do say you have told people what they wanted to hear, i will not criticise that as i know the pressure can be unbearable, but i believe it might help in the short term but be more damaging in the long term.i did enjoy reading your take on things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Any opinions on Joanna Scott moha 3 1,591 30-06-2012 08:12 AM
Last Post: moha