Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Food For Thought When Getting a Reading
30-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Food For Thought When Getting a Reading
All, I recently posted this on a previous thread but thought my experience was important enough to create a separate thread so everyone sees it and can learn from it.

previous post:
All, since many are talking about accurate readers, I thought I'd share a story. Many years ago - say 15 I was calling every psychic under my nose to see if an ex that exited our relationship would be back. I was heartbroken over the break-up and all I focused on was if he would be back. I spent tons of money on readings to see if he would be back and most, 99% said yes he would be back. I even had a reading with a lady face to face asking if I was a pediatric doctor etc. I said no, she said you should have been. She said she saw me getting married. Described the man/ex to a T. Then another reader said, I see you are getting married soon and will be so happy. He is coming back and you are marrying. I see it.

Now for the facts. His now wife is a pediatric doctor and he did marry just months after those readings (I validated all of this). The only problem is it wasn't me, it was the other woman. Moral of the story, readers might be seeing the future, but it doesn't mean it's with you. Needless to say I learned my lesson with how readings work and know that if I call for a reading, they very well could be picking up a situation with the person you are asking about but it doesn't mean the party involved in the picture is you. SadSad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 11:50 AM by Egbert.)
RE: Food For Thought When Getting a Reading
Hi Louieboy,
Great read and thanks for posting your previous and recent post under one thread. You can also redirect your previous post link in your recent post.

Stones Sharp Accountants

"Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really."
03-10-2014, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 08:07 PM by jmpsychicservices.)
Heres the thing, for many psychica the are on the phone to a caller and really wish to cheer thr caller up, the following process I think happens, especially over the phone where they may not be able to put the conscious mind back as far:

Information from Spirit -> subconscious mind -> conscious mind* (DECODES INFORMATION) -> decoded info to client

Now remember the conscious mind is what also holds the ego among other things, their desire to please the caller could Mar the DECODING of what they recieve. Which is why I wont touch on life or death questions for a distressed client, my desire to reassure them could mess with the decoding. In person you are more likely to go into a light or deeper meditation and surpres more of the conscious mind. But for love/relationships my biggest desire is to help them out of a toxic situation even if it means breaking bad news, rather tHan a quick fix supporting an illusion. Although I had a caller only two nights ago using vulgar language saying if its negative I don't want to know I told her if she was concerned about the outcome not being to her satisfaction to call another psychic and see their take, and she said no YOU will do the reading, what I got was frankly, what she didn't want but at the first hint of **** sake your bullshitting he loves me I know he does (he was with another woman for over a year, I could see why) in the end I terminated the call myself. Rather than support her illusion (and some can be quite vindictive, wishing ill on the inncoent New woman/man) I detatched even to the point where I got both barrels fired at me by that lady, some people fear that, I do not because if someone is rude, that is their energy to waste, I simply just terminate the reading after trying to cajole politeness out of them. The readings that were mentioned here, genuine? Oh yes, it was the decoding that got marred. It is difficult hearing someone oobviously distressed. And detatching from a client who can be distressed seems quite awful I know, but its the only way to get the truth out to them to the best of ones ability, and dont get me wrong if they dont hang up and take it in I do my best to reassure and comfort. But the moment they fire both barrels at me I just calmly ask them if they want to terminate or if it carries on to terminate. Some are too distressed, some of the issues here can be awful ones that I think require counselling and support from loved ones, not a premium rate phone number. I may seem harsh by some, I just cannot stand the thought of giving a quick fix / dopamine rush to the person, dopamine is addictive and the longer they are addicted for the worst it becomes, akin to a drug habbit. By telling a repeat caller unwanted news, they wouldnt Get the fix of reassurance in hoping their loved one would return, hence the hang up to call another hoping to get a different answer. And while we are on the subject one of the physical manifestations of love are elevated dopamine levels. I bet if a controlled study was done on phone lines, love and relationships would be the most common, in person ones are often more practical as they are thought out not dialled on a whim when a 'fix' is needed. Granted I get many good ones, but for the addicts, there is hard evidence of a biogical manifestation of addiction. By letting go of old outdated energy they are clensing their energy, and a physical manifestation of that which is brain changes.
Edit: and by cleaning out the old, they let in the New.

If symbolism, I often give them client the raw symbolism as well as the interpretation of it sometimes they can help me decipher some unless its guide communication or other two way means. I never judge anyone who calls, as one must walk a mile in someone elses shoes to even consider making a judgement. Even if I dont quite agree with methods or whatever its not for me to judge.

Jacob
03-10-2014, 07:54 PM
a really interesting post
04-10-2014, 06:38 AM
Jm seems to think and read a lot like Russell Bradley, the post written sounds just like him
04-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Russell Bradley does not really believe in spirit guides and messages from spirit, however the intellectual tone appears very similar.
04-10-2014, 08:16 AM
He's much the same, as he says about the conscious mind. I'm sure of it infact. He uses symbolism too.
04-10-2014, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 11:07 AM by jmpsychicservices.)
(04-10-2014 08:12 AM)iamacolincookfan Wrote:  Russell Bradley does not really believe in spirit guides and messages from spirit, however the intellectual tone appears very similar.

I do work with guides myself, often when I am trying to connected to say a passed loved one if I cant reach the frequency required often my guide who I am familliar with and who can adjust their vibration closer to mine can work as a relay as in deceased spirit/client guide -> my guide -> my subconscious -> my conscious -> client

I described it to a client whom I did a reading for in a car park stairwell as the following:

Imagine my guide in the middle of the stairwell at the top of the first flight, the spirit I cannot reach at the top of the second flight and me at the foot of the stairs, then put ti in vibration terms, he is a 'relay' some spirits a relay is not required, others they are speaking but I am not getting it, your own guides (and some you know for eons, others come and go) can assist as they also know your blocks often and how to work around them, detatchment is still required, when I went through the loss of my relationship last year my guide told me flat out while I was in the bath that he would cheat and walk away, I then knew what to look for so found out 2 days later, even though I went into denial of course at the time, but I had already been given the information before I did.

I then set out to contradict what I had got myself, considering having just lost my mum and boyfriend, I called a few people, only two told me he was, to put it simply a user based on very little information which is spot on, one I got really distressed the other I hung up on.., why? Because I had called up to have my own illusions supported... A third was micheylas email reading that told me to let go... I commend those as their honesty later would help me as well as all my friends... And I soon stopped Calling after those, trying to hold onto the 'positive' ones, All the others gave me you will get back together and marry as if it were a script... But as it was what I really wanted (to get back together) then if they tuned into my energy direct my desire could project that, I learned very quickly not to only tune into a clients energy but also get information fRom elsewhere, although detaching can help you pick up the real information, some they answer the question without you getting a chance, someone whos remarried with another partner and moved far away? Anyone could work out they are not coming back, although I dont just cold read on those as I actually did one that and got information that contradicted what id have thought that turned out to be valid later on so I would never make an assumption before looking. Expecting a certain answer can be a problem as well, even for me especially if a client describes the whole scene before I look as in hes with another woman, moved away remarried so logically they are settling down kind of expectation. If I am concerned that expectation has marred my output I say take it with a pinch of salt because I wouldnt want to risk jeprodizing a possible reunion either. Its not often that happens to me but there have been times where if its hard to put the conscious mind back then issues like this arise if they have already given you every minute detail. Usually detatcement is easy, but if it isn't on that particular day, I say so and ask them not to give me too much information. in readings are the following are my weak links as far as my conscious mind is concerned:

I believe I will get an incorrect name, therefore unless I get it at random, asking for a name is very difficult, a conscious mind block. That is one of the limits I advise a client of, and one that I am continuously trying to work through.

Expectations if they have already given me much detail, if detatched its not an issue but if not fully detatched I give them my pinch of salt warning if they have already given me Information, I am always detatched enough to not give them what they want to hear, but on occasion not detatched enough to see anything different than what they have described, which to any outsider would cause most people who work with spirit or not, to jump to, a 99% of the time correct conclusion.

Dont Get me wrong I cringe every time I need to give unwanted information that contradicts what they want, it totally sucks, and I often shut my eyes before I say it and often im chosing the words carefully so as not to cause more upset. During a break up, the following arcticle can biologically explain it, think of being told that getting back together is the pictures and 'reward' in this article, remember the brain is just a processor not a creator but it shows the effects of which I speak can be measured:
http://people.howstuffworks.com/breakup3.htm

The following is merely advice, I am not a doctor and not qualified in medicine this is for info only:
A herbal supplement called arctic root contains monoamime oxidase inhibitors, which slows metabolism of dopamine, MAOIs were used in tbeir pure form in some antidepresants, not addictive, but by slowing the metabolism of dopamine, arctic root could help reduce the urge to get a 'fix' to addicts who are struggling? As it would take longer for the dopamine to be metabolized and removed from the synapse. I took this during my down time with very good results, never be dependant on something, but it is a good supplement, although my doc told me what I already knew, never mix it with other antidepressants. The label does not carry such a warning. Now thats enough science for one post, on to my next subject:

My pet hate that happened to my friend? Call up for a tarot reading and hear them doing the washing up :-) or even clipping nails... or one client described the psychic on the toilet, I log off before making cuppas etc then log on, I have done readings in the bath when im focused and by candle light though... The worst thing is being so bunged up with a cold atm I had to log off, but in total in person and around London and on the phones I have done 30 reading hours worth last week, in the end I was forced to take a break yesterday and it was by 20th birthday.

Due to my diverts at 1.8 p a minute from my Unicom landline to Unicom buisines mobile I can work the chat line while on a quiet train carriage during my commute or outside stations ( cant do it inside, I dont want clients hearing 'platform 3 for the 22:30 service to Newcastle Centeral, which is delayed by approximately 10 minutes' over and over (just an example) not very professional, or in quiet parks if I feel like it, day or night when I was gonna be late Home for my Wednesday night shift I went on there while aboard, the EE neteork is reliable enough on their east coast main line for that. I did once work in the middle of a field because I felt good energy about it,
Jacob
04-10-2014, 11:22 AM
this is really interesting and I can see how you might be mistaken for Mr Bradley (and I'd take that as a compliment trust me) You certainly have an awareness of your craft and I have to say it isone of the more impressive posts from readers on here, I think you should do a blog.
06-10-2014, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 11:28 PM by jmpsychicservices.)
ah thanks Smile I have been considering a blog, I find my time so tied up and have only had a tablet not a laptop, I recently got a laptop again so I can get to work on some of that while I am traveling, as a tablet is ill suited for writing articles and i am on the move alot and not always at my PC, the laptop will be an asset here! £30 and some repair time well spent I think! I will post when I have set one up.

Jacob

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  George Orwell thought they were ‘sex maniacs’. They thought they were spiritual samur mecheeta 0 230 14-01-2019 07:11 AM
Last Post: mecheeta
  I thought they were genuine but it's a disgrace Soapfan46 25 6,388 04-08-2015 08:24 AM
Last Post: Caroline