Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any advice
17-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Any advice
Hi
I wondered if someone could help. I have been spending a lot of time looking at my own behaviour and patterns recently. I know why I have had readings and what has lead to this. The problem is I have quite good intuition when it comes to people in my life so why is it that we can't distinguish between what our gut feeling and our mind just playing tricks on us. I find when I am at this stage i am most likely to pick up the phone. For 2 years I chased reading after reading over a man who my intuition said this is not going anywhere but there was another voice saying nope thats your paranoia!!!
How do we learn to listen and trust our inner voice?
How do we know when it is our inner voice or our fear, paranoia whatever you want to call it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2014, 01:51 AM
RE: Any advice
Quite often our logical mind will try and talk us out of our gut feeling... after all, gut feelings can be seen as irrational, not based on anything solid... therefore our mind will seek to talk us out of those inner niggles...

Sometimes when we want something.. or someone.. we know deep down inside it isn't going to go anywhere, or that there is something wrong. But because we want it, we have hope that it will all work out.... which is often when our mind kicks in to talk us out of what we feel in our heart...

If we then look at Paranoia... well we will have intuition on that too... we will feel one thing, but our mind suddenly does over time and conjures up all the worst case scenarios.. which in turn can have us thinking all sorts of things that are not based on anything, including our own intuition or gut instinct.

Our intuition will never let us down if we trust in it.. it's funny how we will often trust in what our mind says, but we can often ignore our intuition because it doesn't suit what we want? But that niggle we will all feel at times, whether it be a good niggle or a bad one, it's bang on the money most of the time.

I guess we all learn to be able to distinguish between paranoia and gut instinct, and that all comes down to trusting what you are feeling. The minute we start to trust in our own instinct we start to learn to separate imagination running wild and what we are actually feeling. :-)
17-12-2014, 09:07 PM
(17-12-2014 12:08 AM)Ad1707 Wrote:  Hi
I wondered if someone could help. I have been spending a lot of time looking at my own behaviour and patterns recently. I know why I have had readings and what has lead to this. The problem is I have quite good intuition when it comes to people in my life so why is it that we can't distinguish between what our gut feeling and our mind just playing tricks on us. I find when I am at this stage i am most likely to pick up the phone. For 2 years I chased reading after reading over a man who my intuition said this is not going anywhere but there was another voice saying nope thats your paranoia!!!
How do we learn to listen and trust our inner voice?
How do we know when it is our inner voice or our fear, paranoia whatever you want to call it?

Join the club hun. Feel the same way as you. Guess when we're besotted with a lover we ignore our gut feeling....Cool
18-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Thank you Icemaiden. Im going to try to meditate i have read its useful to try to separate your thoughts and calm the mind.
Cruelladeville i know luckily that stage has gone and although it took a while to get there i did but now i am trying to not let past issues affect how i see new situations.
In the end with my past situation the only way i managed to deal with it was realising myself I was never going to get what i wanted so i had to either move on or be unfulfilled.
18-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Meditation is brilliant, and not just for separating thoughts... it's brilliant for stress relief, for combatting nerves etc etc... but also really good for connecting to your higher self.

The key point about your own intuition is to trust it... once you start to trust in your inner voice.. or essentially in yourself, you will start to be able to separate the mind and the heart (heart being the centre for intuition).. not an easy thing to do... meditation can and will help in that, but the rest is up to us as people...

I always go on intuition... but at times with the opposite sex, I totally ignore my own intuition.. or that niggle... I sometimes think love and attraction makes us as people blind at times... or it makes us ignore that niggle, or the inner voice.

In regards to acceptance.... Time is the only thing that can lead us to that... relationship breakdowns have grieving process.. we have to go through steps in order to reach the acceptance stage... things we have to face and deal with etc etc :-)
18-12-2014, 10:05 AM
AD1707, its just plain old fashioned willpower, like any other form of addiction. A smoker will have to truly WANT to give up smoking if they're hooked on the habit. An alcoholic will have to WANT to give up the booze. Its mind over matter. The best way to deal with this is to realize that having a reading will not bring Mr X back to you, a psychic/medium can't change things for you.

At the end of the day its just being firm with yourself and not pick up that phone if you feel unable to cope. Remember, readings are just a quick fix, a day later you may want reassurance to back up that reading, once again the negative cycle commences.

There's no way this answer can be sugar-coated because its down to you.
18-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Thank you again both x
Alesha, it's not actually about an ex its in general in life being able to trust my own intuition. The calling psychics I have not done for a little while now don't intend to.
It's less about breaking a habit since I think I have done that it's about believing in ones choices an trusting it them whatever happens xx
In life Im a worrier and it's isolating those negative thoughts.
Thank you both xxx
18-12-2014, 02:20 PM
AD1707, I don't know if this will help but I found it very useful:
The other evening I got a complimentary ticket to a talk about how we block ourselves from manifesting what we want. I went reluctantly as I was in a negative, sceptical frame of mind and generally very tired too.
In fact the talk was very interesting. I can't summarize it here but it was what most of us know about the energy we give out, our thoughts and beliefs etc but it was really well explained.

Anyway, at the end the speaker said we would do a 7 minute breath exercise. I thought, argh, time to make a quick exit! Fortunately I stayed and did it.

Some of you will know it. It's very simple. You breathe in deeply through the nose then exhale through the mouth with a haaaaaa sound. The trick is to make the breathing out longer than the breathing in. So if you breathe in for 3 seconds, breathe the haaaaaa out for 6 or 7.

The first few breaths made us all light headed. But then the speaker told us to focus on a part of our body that related to the chakras. I chose the solar plexus as I had some negative emotions. He suggested the stomach if you had butterflies there. He also told us to focus on the base chakra, the sexual one because he said that is the chakra of the physical ie to create in the external world. It's the one that makes us 'do' as opposed to just think or feel.

It was really interesting to breathe into different parts of my body. The lightheadedness went. More importantly, as he promised, I felt hugely energised even though I'd had a long, hard day. And best of all, I felt so clear headed in my thinking. I felt positive. I felt I could tackle things that had proved difficult. It was just a boost in all areas of my well being.

I'm sure Icemaiden and others can better explain the chakras stuff to you but if you feel like trying this, it may help your intuition seem clearer too. I've been doing it since and trust me, I hate breathing exercises!
18-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Goodness me atlast the forum is moving in a positive direction!!

Meditation is brilliant, it's so easy that we find it so difficult to do. Always get comfortable, lie or sitting. Forget all the funny seating positions that people tell you, the most important thing is comfort and a straightish back.

First follow your thoughts and then listen and watch them and focus on quietening them. No judging or fighting them!! As you focus on your thoughts you will not fall asleep that is only when you let yourselves drift. You will notice longer and longer quieter moments. The more you practise the longer they will become, that is when you are in meditation mindfulness....

So simple that is all there is to it.

You can use this to bring (attract) abundance to you life but that is another topic.

Thanks x
18-12-2014, 03:59 PM
PG that's really interesting! I don't know much about the chakras but what your wrote, how to open them up makes sense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Advice for those over relying upon psychic predictions yourexiscomingbackhonest 56 6,128 23-10-2015 01:08 PM
Last Post: Pink Pearl