Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Year Resolutions
01-01-2015, 09:59 AM
New Year Resolutions
Happy New Year everyone for the first day of 2015. Hope you are all not too hung over .. fortunately I'm ok this year.. I guess my ny resolution is to try to enjoy myself more .. The ciggies I'm not ready to give up as they are one of my only sources of comfort. Definitely I'll try and not cave in to having any more phone readings .. I'll try and save more money. What's everyone else's resolutions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2015, 03:55 PM
RE: New Year Resolutions
Good resolution! Mine is def not to have anymore phone readings either! I have been feeling really lonely lately and part of it is because I stupidly believed a few psychics that I would be with a certain someone yet he is now with someone else!! and that was the final straw. all I have done is asked for a year reading from the lovely Mary Akinson by email and that's it. I think what I'm trying to say is my resolution is to not worry about what is going to happen and enjoy it instead surprises are much better. Happy new year to you all Smile
01-01-2015, 06:25 PM
I don't mean to hijack the topic, especially since I think it a great post, and I applaud your decisions to stop using phone readings. However, I'm very curious as to why and for what purpose you call psychic hotlines, or visit psychics in general? Is it to attain some assurance of a better future? Is it about spiritual growth? I would be very interested to know. Smile
01-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Good resolution. I have no doubt there are many people who are feeling very down at this time due to expectations that did not happen.
I have been there in the past and know the feeling. I now feel so much better without all the failed predictions going around in my head. Keep strong and know lots of readings will not make you feel better.
01-01-2015, 07:52 PM
My New Years resolution is to start a new exercise regime. I'm very into sport, I'm a size 12 but want to get back into a size 10 so i guess lose a few pounds.

APsychic, speaking for myself I've stopped having phone readings since 2012, I would never waste my money on them again. I think it's fairly obvious why people have been using them compulsively; we believe the yarns the readers spin, which are just fairytales. People are usually going through a crisis at the time they have readings, vulnerable and depressed. I do still use psychics, but only face to face ones that are more reputable.

Have still got a massive hangover from last night and morning. Happy 2015 everyone. X
01-01-2015, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 08:14 PM by aPsychic.)
Thank you Hangingpants for your input, I appreciate it. Smile However, I don't find it obvious at all why people use these hotlines. I mean, I mentioned it in another post, why don't people in need and at low points in their live invest that money into therapy, or coaching, or something else that would constructively help them rebuild and/or change their lives? Even a face to face reading with a psychic would be better, yet people on this forum seem to choose to waste their money on these hotlines. So I don't understand the driving force of that.

Another problem with these hotlines, is that - as many of you've figured out - that not all of the people working for them are psychic. Many are just card readers and such, but they're labeled "psychics" for marketing purposes. There was a case in the country I'm in, where one of the card readers got a job as a phone "psychic" after having completed a tarot course at the hotline owned by the same person who ran the course. When she later wanted to leave this position because it didn't interest her anymore, she was sued by owner for 1000's of dollars for breaching her contract. It's really the owners who end up with all of the money in the end.
01-01-2015, 11:19 PM
Thanks for your post aPsychic. My New Years resolution will be to stop having readings on the phone and spend that money on clothes and a makeover. To be honest aPsychic, I've become dissilusioned a long while back with phone readers. I think a lot of us on here have established through bitter experienced that most of the phone readers aren't psychic. You must appreciate that as we're just customers a lot of people are taken in by the hard sell. Your on the inside of the companies so you'll know how they operate whereas we don't. I think it also has to be said that some face to face readers are crap. Some spiritual mediums ain't that good either, many a time I've been given names and events that have no connection with me. As for the reader who signed up to become a psychic through a tarot course run by the hotline company, the reader would naturally have been given a contract to sign so she should have read the contract properly. It's interesting to hear from psychics, but me thinks if they dislike the job then don't work on them.
Happy New Year to you all.
02-01-2015, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 01:18 AM by aPsychic.)
You're absolutely right, Noble Hunertus, not all psychics are good - even though I wouldn't call them crap necessarily. Big Grin But yes, there's a vast variety of skills within our community, and I've seen it myself how lesser skilled psychics with huge egos live off the attention their ability provides them. Also, like I mentioned in another post, not every psychic will be able to read everybody. However, in my opinion, if the sitter isn't happy with the reading, they should get their money back. And if the reading doesn't feel right, the medium or the sitter should call it off within the first 10 to 15 mins (speaking of face to face readings).

As for the hotlines, you mentioned "taken in by the hard sell", which I don't understand. What kind of hard sell would that be? What I see a lot of on this forum is people who keep calling the hotlines, over and over again, and then complain how they feel cheated by these companies and their "psychics". I don't understand how that can be. We're all responsible adults, I assume. Years ago, I was at a low point myself, and went to this well-to-do psychic in San Francisco, who gave me a rather uninspired reading, and then wanted me to come in for additional consultations to "help" me clear up my life. Even though I was fairly young then with my life in turmoil, I didn't even consider going back for more. And I know that we're all different, but I'm still interested in your motivation for racking up mega phone bills.
02-01-2015, 08:46 AM
My resolution -- hmmm I have a few, one is to sort out a new website for my business -- quit working for the phone companies which I do on a p/t basis. Had a strange New Year's Eve -- my girlfriend and myself argued and she dumped me -- so nice start to the new year for me.
As you can see -- even us psychics aren't immune from these troubles -- would not ring a psychic though -- I'd deal with this myself in my own way.
APsychic -- welcome aboard.
02-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Thank you, Enrico. Smile Sorry to hear about your NYE, though, but I'm sure 2015 will be better than that. How long have you worked for the phone companies? And what is your impression of it? Because I don't know anybody who've enjoyed it.

Oh, and yes, psychics sure aren't immune to life's troubles. Not sure why anybody would assume that, but it seems to be a common misconception that we're somehow more than human. We really are not - at all. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why The Spring Equinox Is The Start Of A New Astrological Year Mediums Now 0 224 20-03-2017 09:44 AM
Last Post: Mediums Now
  Any feedback for the year? pillarbox 12 1,866 06-01-2017 12:16 PM
Last Post: Jamelia
  Happy New Year Icemaiden2 6 716 01-01-2015 05:19 AM
Last Post: Twilight
  Haiti's year of living dangerously tanqing369 0 696 08-01-2011 10:37 AM
Last Post: tanqing369