Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems with Psychic First Payment System
08-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Problems with Psychic First Payment System
Hi the other day I booked 20 min reading for £30 as stated, with PF but by the time I got through the automated system the psychic of choice was busy so I hung up in the belief that the minutes were saved to my phone line. Well I was surprised when I phoned back that this was not the case. I decided to book another 20 mins and sort out a refund the next day as the customer service line was shut but my card was declined which I found suspicious so I left it as the psychic was due back in the next evening.

I woke up the next morning with an early call from my bank asking me about some unusual activity on my account its seems that instead of £30, £90 was drawn and then several more £90 were drawn from the same company, luckily for me my bank put a stop to it. Now I am having to go through my card being stopped and awaiting a new one causing me all sorts of problems and my bank gathering the full information and stopping all payments and getting my money back.

That late afternoon early evening when I realised my minutes had disappeared I e:mailed PF and enquired what had happened and I also phoned to no avail. The next day when I had the call from the bank, I phoned both the "customer services" lines which are not what they seem, to be hung up on by one and leaving message after message on the other as nobody ever answers or returned my call. I sent a text to the show in the hope of receiving a response and maybe a proper customer service number to sort this out but nothing.

I have now 4 days on never received a call back or any response from PF. I find this absolutely disgusting and am now faced with checking the progress of my bank and going to the Police, Trading Standards and Ofcom about this as I am shocked at the lack of response and this episode altogether.

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem?

Whilst writing this I have just received an e-mail of one line asking for my phone number the minutes were booked on. Seriously after what has happened they feel that is adequate and honestly I left message after message with my phone number seriously poor!! Do they really feel this sort of thing is acceptable, I have read someone on here saying they have integrity I am sorry from this experience I suggest the company does not!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2011, 04:30 PM
RE: Problems with Psychic First Payment System
I unfortunately have had something like this happen a few months ago when I found out Fran had joined the team again. I booked my minutes on their 0202 number they had (I was wary because I didn't know if this number was free), and successfully bought my minutes. I didn't get a pin number for my minutes or anything. They said it was £30 for 30 minutes and £1.50 a minute thereafter.

I was on the phone 20 minutes and they'd charged me £90. I've never phoned back or texted their show since.
09-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I've seen a couple of people writting on PF facebook page about this. It's always the same, nobody gets back to them, they're just left hanging and wondering what's going on.

It's disgraceful that they treat people this way. It's put me off *pre~booking* minutes with them. Seems you have to use them as soon as you book them, which is not how it's advertised ~ *use them as and when you want to ...*

One suggestion for anyone, if you've got a BT line, ask BT for a payment card, it's free, and when you want to ring PF, do so through the 0905 number and then pay the money on your BT card {paypoint} It will cost the full £1.53 a minute and you have to put up with the cut~off at 20 minutes, but I think that would be better than finding your card being charged £90 instead of £30 and then not being able to get anyone to help you sort it out.

The psychics should also be made aware of this problem, as they keep advertising it on the show. I believe one of them did know of this not working, strangely enough they've now left the showDodgy
09-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Yeah you do have to use them as soon as you book them. You don't have a pin to enter like on Psychic TV. I tried phoning their help number too but no-one was answering. No-one had replied to my post on their facebook wall except Chris Robinson who said he'd heard this a load of times but had never actually booked minutes himself to check.
11-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Hi I am shocked they have been allowed to continue like this, I believe it is called theft! I am waiting on my bank to provide more information as to successfully getting all my money back so I have all the information to take the action they have suggested i.e. the authorities. I have had another e-mail from PF today asking for my card number so they can find out where my missing minutes are, I'm sorry but they will never have any card numbers from me again they must surely be joking!

Out of interest which is the psychic that left after finding this out? As for CR not having booked minutes himself does he think we are all lying or that my bank's fraud department were having a laugh lol!!

I would imagine they will not be in business much longer at this rate!
11-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi,

I don't know if the psychic left because they knew of this problem, that's not what I was saying, although speculation could lead you to think this might have been part of a bigger reason for leaving.

Skip down the PF f/b page, you have to go quite a ways back, but there are a few posts from people saying about the problems they've had, have to back to 31st May to see who I was talking about, just checked it's still there as of now. *2 & 7 June too*
11-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Well would you believe it a week on from first contacting PF I had a phone call today, now this alone is bizarre as the only place I left my phone number is on the 3 or 4 messages I left on the phone line last Tuesday and she claimed not to have got those and that she was replying from my text to the studio, well that was from my mobile so how did she get my land line number if she did not receive my messages, I do wish people would get their stories right!

Well anyway it seems that apparently that when you book 20 mins for, as she said £20, strange as I thought it was £30 but she kept repeating £20 wonder if she has any idea about the service at all, that they automatically draw out £90 from you card just in case you go over the 20 minutes so they can cover themselves and know that you can pay! I wonder if its taken them a week to come up with this one!?! Anyway

(1) There is nothing on their terms and conditions on the phone line to state this, so therefore they cannot do this

(2) Whether it is her £20 or the £30 I thought it was, how can they justify drawing 3/4 times the amount from your account plainly overkill

(3) When you agree to pay £30 for something you have only agreed to pay £30 not £90 there are rules and regs for this sort of thing

(4) It does not explain them drawing several times or the fact you loose your minutes and your money, in my case, if you don't use the service immediately

She told me that my money was not drawn from my account as I did not use the minutes, however my bank confirmed they did draw the money so who do I believe umm I think my bank!! I have left it that I will be getting confirmation from my bank and get the whole story from them and will follow their advice to dealing with this company.

All I can say is from my experience beware of booking minutes with PF.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  technical problems TinaLove1 2 1,171 09-09-2010 01:46 PM
Last Post: mecheeta