Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting it all wrong.
16-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Getting it all wrong.
Hi guys. I thought I'd start this thread as a bit of a change from the usual stuff. A couple of years ago I remember having a reading off a lady called White Feather I think it was on Kooma. I remember she said she had my grandad there in spirit for me. He was right next to her. The problem with that was both my granddads were very much alive and kicking and still are to this day. When I put her right she tried to cover up her faux pas, trying to change what she said.

Has anybody here had a similar type of reading? Something so way off the mark, for instance talking about someone who's dead as if they're living? Saying your separated from a partner or lover when your both very much an item?

Interesting to find out if you've had a reading where the psychic has got something so completely wrong that you squirm with embarrassment for them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: Getting it all wrong.
Yes... Far too often readers get things embarrassingly wrong.. Far too many predict a woman who's around me... a woman I'll meet ...I'm gay... An awful lot of readers pick up I'm gay right away...or maybe act discreet and refer to my lover as... "That Person"....Undecided

A desert holiday lets pack the drag away!!!!! Pricilla Queen of the Desert....... Cool
16-01-2015, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2015 07:45 PM by Lou-Lou.)
Oh yes I've had a few hilarious one, Tiara from psychic sofa said my bf had dark hair and dark eyes. Which I said no he doesn't then she changed it to dark hair blue eyes.. I had had to butt in as he's actually blonde with blue eyes lol I put the phone down straight away it was just complete guess work.
I did have a reading on ptv years ago from a reader who's name I can't remember but she said she had my grandmother with her and she was like a mother to me etc etc well yes my grandmother has passed on but she lived in another country and I only meet her a few times so we didn't have a close relationship so it's wasn't like she saw me as a daughter.
The best one was being told that I had an accident while playing bowling and I need hypnosis to help get over the stress!! Ha ha oh god did that one cracked me up or what!! are some people seriously that gullible to hand over cash. Obviously no such incident happened, that was told to me by a local psychic I doubt very much he's still in business.
I just hang up now, if there is no connection.
17-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Yes - I do have an incident from a couple of years ago on PSTV involving the reader on option zero called Julie Dawn, just a little insensitive remark really - but said in bad taste.

This was when i was in a relationship with an ex bf. His mother was very ill at the time, and I was concerned about her and everything else. I askedJulie Dawn if she could focus on my relationship and his concerns about his mother, as he was drained of energy and hope and basically tired. Immediately she said that his mother was coming between our relationship because she was a manipulative woman - a nuisance and mosey busybody that was draining my bf.

This wasn't the case at ill - she was a nice lady and very ill at the time which was draining him. I ended up telling her the situation which she immediately changed course. I ended up terminating the call. Her reading was just built on an assumption.
17-01-2015, 09:52 AM
If I ring and ask to see what comes out, which I rarely do now as how often are you told about relationships?? Many times I have been told about somebody new coming into my life as if I was a single person...and when I say I am married etc ...oh...not everyone who wants a readings wants to know about love...that's how I know I have a genuine reader...when they dont assume I want a love reading!!!!
17-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Dear Alesha, it's very unpleasant experience for you.

There are some mediums who think they are mediums, but they are not. They don't have any connection to spirit world. That is total disrespect for spirit.

When I was developing as a medium, I once picked up a grandmother who I thought was in spirit but actually the grandmother was alive. I didn't like that myself so I continued to improve my connection with spirit world and it's never happened again. But it really bothered me, why I picked up that feeling about grandmother. I then had an opportunity to meet a well known medium, and I asked that question. I was told that first, my connection to spirit was weak and second, I was psychicly connecting to sitter's energy who had fear of losing their grandma. It was a combination of the two conflicts.

I hope this explains why sometimes these readings happen.

Blessings xxxx
17-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Thanks for your explanation Angelica. It wasn't really an unpleasant experience, I felt more embarrassed for the reader who tried to cover things up afterwards. Maybe she did get crossed wires when she picked up on my grandad, or just maybe it was guesswork.

Your explanation certainly is a possibility Angelica. I suppose at the end of the day psychics can get muddled with people's energies, but it's often hard for us to see through who's genuine and who's just cold reading.
22-03-2015, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2015 02:59 AM by Soapfan46.)
Had so many bad experiences with psychics on psychic today and star temple. Have been married to my husband for years and we have a 3 year old boy, yet Andrea from Star Temple thinks I will never find love, get married or have kids until "the time is right". She is arrogant and rude and cheeky. The way she used to speak to me is as if she had something over me and I just couldn't believe I was paying for that sort of abuse. It was hard because some things she said about overseas etc was correct and it was hard not to go back. I just didn't have the heart to tell her clearly that I have a very happy marriage and a wonderful son. She was such an idiot. It was embarassing though when I did tell her she got things wrong because she got confrontational. Another thing she did which I hated was talk about her self for the duration of the reading. Bet it would be different if she was paying. Also if I told her stuff which she had got wrong e.g. my friend did go to that party or he wasn't in the pub that night, all she'd say was "well I have to give you what I'm getting and I'm not getting that". What a cop out!
22-03-2015, 03:43 PM
I have had a few real corkers of embarrassingly bad readings in the past....

I rarely use Kooma because of a few bad readings from there years ago.... one of them was this woman who simply rambled on reading out the pictures on her cards.... I think they were some star sign type of cards, and she was reading me the pictures on them... then she said and You're a scorpio aren't you? And I was like erm yeah... bearing in mind I had given the woman my date of birth at the start of the reading... she then went on to say about her guides never letting her down.. and then said I hope that was okay for you? I was like okaaaaay.. as she hadn't actually given me a reading... it was so weird

Again quite a few years ago I phoned up for a reading, and the woman I got through to was really good at the start.. picked up loads, then we got onto the subject of ex's when mine came through.. and she went on a ten minute man rant and I ended up giving the woman advice on her relationship...... as she was really angry with her other half.

I did have one reading from this woman on ebay when ebay did readings... again quite a few years ago now... she was adamant my mother was in spirit, and I kept telling her my mum was alive.... and she said to me "are you really sure".... I was like "I know we are not that close but I am fairly sure the woman I spoke to earlier today was my mother....".... and she was having none of it.... the worst part is, she had got through my nan, so she really did have someone there.... but she was so focussed on this woman being my mother that she wouldn't listen to me.... I spent a fair few years living with my nan when I was younger and she was like my second mum.....
22-03-2015, 04:58 PM
I had one tell me I am writing a book, at the time I was not, then she said no sorry spirit mean you are reading a book.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Predictions are wrong! glittercat 5 1,444 30-01-2015 04:05 PM
Last Post: CLARITY2015
  Could her psychic reading to me be wrong? blabla2014 6 1,342 25-09-2014 10:45 PM
Last Post: blabla2014