Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Visualisation Vs Letting Go...???
10-07-2011, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2011 12:16 AM by Eridanus.)
A number of people on a different thread have mentioned the Doreen Virtue oracle cards and I was looking at her deck called – Angel Therapy.

One card in particular came out, and it now prompted a question. It was – 'Visualise Success' This came in as the fourth card in a reading where the cards represent the following:

1.Current Situation
2.Expectations
3.Hidden Influences
4.Advice
5.Outcome

This card states – “See yourself doing well in this situation, and have faith in a positive outcome”. So all in all a great card to have as the fourth card.

The further advise given by the card:

“The angels want to boost your confidence and relieve you of the worries about the situation. Part of the process involves holding positive visions for yourself and the other people involved...The situation that you're inquiring about depends on your faith in, and a firm vision of, a successful outcome”

Yet, a lot of talk on the board and in other threads states that you can get success by letting go of people, and allowing the universe to make things be.

What do you all actually do? Is it that certain situations will benefit from one over the other? I know for a fact that I find it almost impossible to get certain people out of my head. Even when I am trying, there are things that happen that remind me of that person – I will see or hear things that are a connection, so I'm not sure that anyone can really totally let something/someone go?

To me, the guidance given by this card resonates more, using the mind and the visualisation appeals. A few people have posted where they have said that they do both...how do you know what works and when to apply each piece of guidance.

I think I am on the visualisation side of the fence.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2011, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2011 08:51 AM by flamered.)
RE: Visualisation Vs Letting Go...???
Wow yes this subject has had me in a right twist and rangle !! spoke to Annie about it as her approach in my situation is to gently nudge once in a while and this helps keep his confidence in the situation. I am some where in between right now I have taken the bulk of my energy away as the situation will not be able to change at this point, to focus on me, my life and work..but allow positive day dreams/visualization or a gentle positive focus on the actual words he has said..so that I am keeping real..If I do nudge him at all it is a simple positive message about laughter or a beautiful view..(no how are you etc)

I think it does depend on the situation..but which ever you choose visualization or letting go I do think the common ground is not holding on too tight or with too much need and want.. somehow retaining the balance of self and focusing on making yourself happy strengthens the position...and also seeing the time apart or the lesson as an opportunity to focus on something in your own life that needs attention..

I also understand Shelly's point of not poking and proding..so I have taken this on board too. And as I have said before I have found Shakiti Gawain's Creative Visualization book really helpful..as there are different approaches..

I think also in terms of the universe..there is sense in it needing time to bring the right elements together..(not to rely on timings or too many readings) or that point
where the energy shifts and a new path opens..I think perhaps in terms of an X the situation may be difficult..(particularly if children are involved)..so again finding a position of strength and learning and most of all healing..is perhaps key..to either it coming in again or moving on..so perhaps my conclusion is which ever approach you take, healing, letting go of want and need, realigning oneself with ones self in strength and focusing ones energy on what we can change and build in our lives without another is a positive consideration..then it is perhaps important not to take the timings of a psychic but to make a deal with oneself on how long one waits..for a situation to change and this agin brings us back into the position of choice and power.
11-07-2011, 10:58 PM
This is an interesting topic. I have found that visualisation works better for me, especially if it is something that I really want in my life.

I have friends that have readings too, and the stock answer often given to them it to, let him or her go and they will return. Then the friend(s)have their eye removed from what it is that they want. You can all guess what happens next, someone else appears and that distracts them further from what they want.

Its when this happens that I get annoyed, some will blame the psychic and say that they were wrong and he/she didnt return and move of into a relationship with the new person. Yet all I see, is someone who didnt have enough intention to see things through and wait for eveything to fall into place.
12-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah...I have to admit...I can do the visualization and the whole Secret and cosmic ordering bit...but letting go...man that's hard!!
12-07-2011, 08:13 AM
I've thought about this alot..using a different example..not love! a few years back my career was faltering..and I looked at it and thought why the hell am I putting up with this, when I wouldn't put up with a bad relationship. I almost turned my back on my whole life,s work and started getting interviews for a completely different line of work. Then my dream job cam in..related directly to my original life's work

My conclusion generally at this point is that it is some where in between..letting go and intent ..I wonder if the universe needs to know we are prepared to walk away..and let go of the need..and that we have to take care of our 'highest good' so that it can be met..so I am in between..positive visualistion, fluid intent, taking care of me..and common sense..the common sense with wisdom I get from Annie.
12-07-2011, 09:36 AM
(12-07-2011 08:13 AM)flamered Wrote:  I've thought about this alot..using a different example..not love! a few years back my career was faltering..and I looked at it and thought why the hell am I putting up with this, when I wouldn't put up with a bad relationship. I almost turned my back on my whole life,s work and started getting interviews for a completely different line of work. Then my dream job cam in..related directly to my original life's work

My conclusion generally at this point is that it is some where in between..letting go and intent ..I wonder if the universe needs to know we are prepared to walk away..and let go of the need..and that we have to take care of our 'highest good' so that it can be met..so I am in between..positive visualistion, fluid intent, taking care of me..and common sense..the common sense with wisdom I get from Annie.

Flamered something similar happened to me last year. I was going through a really unsettling time and had MANY readings with psychics to find out what the outcome would be. I was told every time that the worst possible outcome was going to happen and I was distraught. Then one day I just let it all go (really don't know how I managed it) but I was resigned to things happening the way that was predicted. Almost as soon as I did, something amazing came in, the answer to my prayers and although it wasn't easy to pull off, I changed my predictions and ended up with a really great outcome. This came in almost immediately.

I do believe that if I hadn't just given up feeling stressed about it and just felt at peace about whatever will be will be, that the worst outcome would have happened. I've always been told that the best thing is to do is to set your intention and then it go, that's easier said than done!
12-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Actually, thinking about it now! In a disasterous work situation I was told by a psychic that everything would be fine and then it wasn't. I ended up having to focus and concentrate hard on rectifying the situation for myself! In all honesty, I think if I had just let go of this situation it wouldn't have worked out the way it did. Instead for two and a half months I had to focus, on what it was that I wanted to achieve, it would be an understatement to say it wasn't the only thing in my head at the time and I got there, I ended up with the result I wanted...so just this quick thinking back, moment has reconfirmed that I'm more intune with visualisation, focus and intent!!

Yet the second meeting that I had, that changed things around fitted in with the description of the person at the meeting, rather than the first. So I do think that the information we are given is generally correct, it's just our attachment to time that scuppers things. If we need to let go of anything at all then it is timing Wink
12-07-2011, 11:03 AM
(10-07-2011 03:36 AM)Sky Wrote:  Hi Eridanus,

You have read my mind! All of the readers I’ve spoken to said to let go of the person and the situation, easier said than done. I’m a massive fun of a book called “The Secret”, which is saying that you can have anything you want in life if you visualise it. The author says that if you feel love and visualise things whilst feeling love anything you want is possible. I know that visualisation does work to some extend but I’m not sure how far you can take it?
Yay I am Psychic Wink

I haven't read 'The Secret' I think I may locate a copy and give it look! Have you had any success when you have applied the principles of the book?
12-07-2011, 12:28 PM
I would also bring in visualisation and the word transformation..I first used a psychic as a route to transformation, getting past my own feet which I would fall over and reshifting patterns of behaviour to open up the world..the power and transformation in my life has been amazing..as my life despite its complexity and difficulties is much clearer..so also thinking positively, believing that the world will deliver the best outcome for you and also working through that which is stopping your self can also pave the way for change..

I think what perhaps we need to get away from is hanging our life upon the coat hooks of timings and predictions without looking at the in between..
12-07-2011, 01:17 PM
I've been letting go a lot the last few months. I just can't be bothered to deal with it anymore. I've pretty much thrown my hands up and said "Hell with it, i'm done". I may have had a sneaky update with Grant this morning (haven't spoken to him for 2 months), but that'll be my last reading.