Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question For Psychic Today
21-01-2015, 12:04 AM
Question For Psychic Today
When the viewers text in the show why does it take forever to answer our questions?

I mean seriously why is it so hard? Does the producer decide whether your text will air or not? I'm aware of all the waffle and the hard selling that goes down at the desk but why is it necessary to waste time on that when texts can be answered and be done with!

You do know that the majority of people who view the show are not interested in what the presenters have to say. If we get charged for a text then wouldn't it be courtesy to air it and have it answered within the hour?! Is that too much to ask for a 5 hour+ show for goodness sake!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: Question For Psychic Today
Good question Nimi was curious about that myself.

only thing i could think about was weather or not it was to make sure only worthwhile questions got on air.
21-01-2015, 01:14 AM
(21-01-2015 12:21 AM)ladylazenby Wrote:  Good question Nimi was curious about that myself.

only thing i could think about was weather or not it was to make sure only worthwhile questions got on air.

Yes I've often thought that but even when you've stuck to the topic on the show the texts still don't get answered. Sometimes I think they don't answer previous registered viewers but only the new viewers to reel them in for more business.
21-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Hi Nimi

The main reasons for having to wait for texts to be aired are due to the time it takes to reach our system and once they have, they have to be checked for compliance before they are cleared to be aired. We will only ever decide a text or voicemail won't be played if it is uncompliant and we never give preference to an existing or new user they are selected on a purely random basis.

Due to the volume of messages we receive we can never guarantee that all the messages are read out but our producers do try their best to have as many played out as possible, while try to maintaining a even balance of any psychic being onscreen or taking calls. We are currently trialing a new show format which we believe should give the show a nicer flow and hopefully increase the time any specific psychic has to answer texts and voicemails.

If you do ever send in a message and would like to know if it has been cleared for air our customer service team would be more than happy to find out for you either by calling us on 0808 206 7777 or via our instant chat service online.

Psychic Today - Leading the way
Broadcasting on the SKY platform since 2004. Formerly Psychic TV
Sky Channel 886 | http://www.psychictoday.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2015, 11:05 AM
funny that PTV as not long ago I texted you several times and I deliberately sent it at the beginning of the show and by end of the day still no answer.

In the past I would at least get answer from mystic service little bit later but I didn't get either.

That's how appalling your service really is and that is exactly why you lost some many customers.
21-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Hi CLARITY2015

We can never guarantee that a text will be read out, it is all a random basis. Could I ask if you contacted customer services about not receiving a reply from the mystic team as any messages we can't play out are still forwarded onto them to ensure you get a reading.

Psychic Today - Leading the way
Broadcasting on the SKY platform since 2004. Formerly Psychic TV
Sky Channel 886 | http://www.psychictoday.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2015, 01:42 PM
This happened to me on many occassions which is why I stopped texting the whole idea is that people dont want to use the mystic team! we should be given an option on the text to either have a refund or to use the mystic team! rather than having to ring up customer service each time (i.e. more money for ptv to steal from us).

I agree with clarity2015 I use to text at the beginning at the show to and again no show!

yet sometimes I would have texted near the end of the show and it comes on within 5 to 10 mins so not sure why some take longer than others!

I also agree with nimi the presenters talk far too much! and waffle on for ages then by the time they have finished the psychic are in the booth again!

I am glad I dont watch it anymore but I agree with the others above.......
21-01-2015, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2015 02:00 PM by Justice4us.)
they don't bother answering your texts no more coz main stream of income is in their prolonged "readings" with psychics in the booth. just think about it. £1.53 a minute and more if you ring from your mobile. Also they have great opportunity to keep you on the phone and that much more than £1.53 for voicemail or text. Still pennies to pennies for all those unanswered texts. So they treat you like this yet promise you they will improve. time and time again.
and as for those pretentious presenters like Rezzy and Charlotte you are correct. They should answer your texts and not go on about how they feel about it and what they have been up to as its not important neither interesting and that's not what you viewers are interested in surely . You send your text ( which you paid for) to be answered !
21-01-2015, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2015 07:40 PM by nimi.)
(21-01-2015 10:32 AM)PsychicToday Wrote:  Due to the volume of messages we receive we can never guarantee that all the messages are read out but our producers do try their best to have as many played out as possible, while try to maintaining a even balance of any psychic being onscreen or taking calls. We are currently trialing a new show format which we believe should give the show a nicer flow and hopefully increase the time any specific psychic has to answer texts and voicemails.

If you do ever send in a message and would like to know if it has been cleared for air our customer service team would be more than happy to find out for you either by calling us on 0808 206 7777 or via our instant chat service online.

So if the show receives a vast volume of texts why do you still ask viewers (via the presenters and on screen) to text in the show when you have no intention of answering them all? Surely at some point you should announce on the show to stop texting in or is this part of how the show likes to make it's money by sending most if its texts to the Mystic service? (which btw is not accurate).

There have been many times when I have contacted customer services and that's not to question why my text didn't get aired but to ask why I had been charged but still got no reply even from the mystic service. There have been times when I've queried about my text only to be told that you don't even have a copy of the text received on your system! So c'mon the service needs major improvements.

My last question is: on the current show how many texts would you say get answered in one hour? As you know a lot of the time is taken by presenters talking at the desk so are you going to be cutting out this element of the show to address answering texts on the new trialled show? How many texts are your aiming to get answered in an hour on the new show? I think that's a fair question as your interested in our money, I personally would like some facts and figures before I depart with that money!
21-01-2015, 08:10 PM
(21-01-2015 07:22 PM)nimi Wrote:  
(21-01-2015 10:32 AM)PsychicToday Wrote:  Due to the volume of messages we receive we can never guarantee that all the messages are read out but our producers do try their best to have as many played out as possible, while try to maintaining a even balance of any psychic being onscreen or taking calls. We are currently trialing a new show format which we believe should give the show a nicer flow and hopefully increase the time any specific psychic has to answer texts and voicemails.

So if the show receives a vast volume of texts why do you still ask viewers (via the presenters and on screen) to text in the show when you have no intention of answering them all? Surely at some point you should announce on the show to stop texting in or is this part of how the show likes to make it's money by sending most if its texts to the Mystic service? (which btw is not accurate).

There have been many times when I have contacted customer services and that's not to question why my text didn't get aired but to ask why I had been charged but still got no reply even from the mystic service. There have been times when I've queried about my text only to be told that you don't even have a copy of the text received on your system! So c'mon the service needs major improvements.

My last question is: on the current show how many texts would you say get answered in one hour? As you know a lot of the time is taken by presenters talking at the desk so are you going to be cutting out this element of the show to address answering texts on the new trialled show? How many texts are your aiming to get answered in an hour on the new show? I think that's a fair question as your interested in our money, I personally would like some facts and figures before I depart with that money!

Spot on NIMI !!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  psychic today buttercup62 5 432 08-08-2017 01:03 AM
Last Post: babybel87
  Richard and kimmie psychic today Sueq49 0 240 17-07-2017 09:03 PM
Last Post: Sueq49
  Hands of an Angel – The Favourite Auntie of Psychic Today. psychicdoglover 0 313 10-05-2017 08:30 AM
Last Post: psychicdoglover
  New Psychics and Readers at Psychic Today; Springing back for Spring! psychicdoglover 0 246 28-04-2017 09:12 AM
  Goodbye Psychic Today OneInOneout 8 1,290 27-03-2017 04:06 PM
Last Post: That Spooky Feeling
  Katie Keeley – Stars of Psychic Today psychicdoglover 0 378 09-03-2017 08:41 AM
  Future Readings What to Expect ? Psychic Today Blog drstrange 0 394 29-11-2016 07:22 AM
Last Post: drstrange
  Halloween Weekend; Psychic Today Special Shows drstrange 0 378 28-10-2016 06:58 AM
Last Post: drstrange
  Psychic Today are a total disgrace Secret 17 4,232 09-09-2016 09:08 PM
Last Post: pasha
  Psychic today are struggling tweetypie 14 3,361 24-08-2016 03:33 PM
Last Post: iamheretowarnyou