Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Live Lines UK - My Sacking Experience
12-05-2018, 01:51 AM
RE: Live Lines UK - My Sacking Experience
(20-02-2015 07:22 PM)Enrico Wrote:  Twenty minutes is ample enough time to give a full reading-- when I was a reader on Kooma I found it was the callers who kept extending the calls -- I never did encourage this practice, it was hard work for me -- on many an occasion I told the caller that I'd given them as much as I could - they would always prolong the call and extend. I found it tiring and exhausting as I would tell people there was no need-
When I do a private reading the reading can take up to an hour - that's different, they pay a flat rate fee and I don't look at the clock -- plus they get tea-coffee and biscuits (I look after them) I like people to come away from a reading with me feeling they've had an experience.
Private readings are so much better than telephone readings from the sitters point of view -- my energies are clear and refreshed.
I worked on ask the answer (one of many companies I'm afraid) must be about 3 years ago I left. Nice readers on there -- a few are still my friends on FB- good news you have found another platform working for this company Jacob-

Agreed 20 minutes is more than enough when you are doing a phone reading. 40 max. After that you feel your making things up or repeating yourself. Some people are hooked, and phone every couple of days, or speak to every reader. Many of my customers are in debt. Ps I think the best readers don’t work on a phone lines - only do private readings. But it’s harder to drum up clients.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2018, 02:17 AM
(02-08-2017 04:58 PM)Martino Wrote:  
(01-02-2015 04:40 PM)jmpsychicservices Wrote:  I am posting this to say yes, i was sacked from live lines UK.

Not only was i given no notice or no phone call it took me querying to ask why my credentials wouldn't work, they also did not pay me the last wages of calls i had taken. When i asked why, it was cause i would not hold callers on the phone for long enough. They never used to have an issue with that but it seems now its become more of an issue. Telling them the hard truth means you will get the sack in the end but i did get away with it for nearly a year, so i cant complain!!

I know this is an old thread but have only just noticed this and have decided to bump it up. Jacob! That's awful to hear of the way you were treated. I have a friend who briefly worked for that company, I know that she was treated badly and the pay was horrendous. They nagged her day and night to log on, gave her penalties when she missed a call, made her do one night a week from something like 10pm to 6am and made her pay £10.00 for what they called a training fee. She was given NO TEST and was told to tell customers what they wanted to hear. See below:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/live...opl-923526

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2006/j...ers.uknews

I notice now they have added their sister site called "Social Psychics" where callers are now allowed to humiliate readers by leaving offensive comments from the likes of trolls. Awful company, hope you have gone on to better things Jacob! I'm pleased to see that quite a few readers have left that company in the past few weeks. I hope LiveLines UK will read this post.

Wow, thanks Martino

Don’t know why am surprised based on some of the staffs behaviour. Odd not to test readers as almost all companies do this. And to charge ten pounds is absurd. Getting readers locked into a shift pattern is not what self employed people are meant to do. You are then crossing into the line of a “Worker”. Their lines seems to be busy, but if readers are also doubling up as sex talkers on their alternative line- it explains it all. They remind me of Psychic Future/ 121 tarot.
12-05-2018, 08:04 AM
I'm glad to see that Livelines popular readers have all disappeared off their site since my original post was put on. So they've shot themselves in the foot. Psychic Future/121 Tarot is another pretty crap site but at least they pay their readers appropriately. A few years ago I joined Elie company who are Psychic Future, I soon came off as there was a lady that scolded readers for not logging on enough as if they were a bunch of naughty schoolkids. Lol.
12-05-2018, 10:15 AM
(12-05-2018 01:51 AM)Dee Wrote:  
(20-02-2015 07:22 PM)Enrico Wrote:  Twenty minutes is ample enough time to give a full reading-- when I was a reader on Kooma I found it was the callers who kept extending the calls -- I never did encourage this practice, it was hard work for me -- on many an occasion I told the caller that I'd given them as much as I could - they would always prolong the call and extend. I found it tiring and exhausting as I would tell people there was no need-
When I do a private reading the reading can take up to an hour - that's different, they pay a flat rate fee and I don't look at the clock -- plus they get tea-coffee and biscuits (I look after them) I like people to come away from a reading with me feeling they've had an experience.
Private readings are so much better than telephone readings from the sitters point of view -- my energies are clear and refreshed.
I worked on ask the answer (one of many companies I'm afraid) must be about 3 years ago I left. Nice readers on there -- a few are still my friends on FB- good news you have found another platform working for this company Jacob-

Agreed 20 minutes is more than enough when you are doing a phone reading. 40 max. After that you feel your making things up or repeating yourself. Some people are hooked, and phone every couple of days, or speak to every reader. Many of my customers are in debt. Ps I think the best readers don’t work on a phone lines - only do private readings. But it’s harder to drum up clients.

This is interesting to hear from readers on how long readings can be. I have to say I barely ever extend on psychic sofo and if I did it would be for a good reason. 20 mins is more than enough on the phone lines I think any longer than that it almost becomes like a counselling session.
12-05-2018, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2018 10:18 AM by Ladybug.)

Exactly I think the only reason a good reader would use the company lines is because it’s easy way to get a consistent flow of clients. I do believe though that most of the good ones will work privately as well. X
12-05-2018, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2018 12:00 AM by Dee.)
(12-05-2018 08:04 AM)Martino Wrote:  I'm glad to see that Livelines popular readers have all disappeared off their site since my original post was put on. So they've shot themselves in the foot. Psychic Future/121 Tarot is another pretty crap site but at least they pay their readers appropriately. A few years ago I joined Elie company who are Psychic Future, I soon came off as there was a lady that scolded readers for not logging on enough as if they were a bunch of naughty schoolkids. Lol.

Unfortunately, I don’t think they care about people disappearing. Trusted Psychics/ Livelines feed off desperate workers. They make a six figure salary per year (most likely from their sex line), and I imagine they will do so for a few more years. I did reread the newspaper article and it sounds like their company got dragged into someone’s lawsuit involving another adult entertainment line. But based on some of the threads on this forum they seem to be court *(caught) up in similar drama ( only this time with their readers).

121 tarot was the first line I worked for, but they don’t have many callers which prompted me to leave. The pay wasn’t fantastic, but at least they paid each week. I was never told I didn’t log on enough, but was scolded for not updating my picture. It was ridiculous because they supplied it, and she looked nothing like me. When I explained it would look strange the manager said “just do it” lol But everyone else still has their old picture displayed.

Do you still work for a psychic line?
12-05-2018, 11:49 PM
(12-05-2018 10:15 AM)Ladybug Wrote:  

This is interesting to hear from readers on how long readings can be. I have to say I barely ever extend on psychic sofo and if I did it would be for a good reason. 20 mins is more than enough on the phone lines I think any longer than that it almost becomes like a counselling session.

Welcome to the world of psychic readers lol If you do extend the reading it’s only an issue (for some readers) if we’ve been on for a long time. If you’re the first caller of our shift (regards of if we’re working an evening or day shift) we are usually energised. Nevertheless, 20mins should suffice.
13-05-2018, 02:13 AM
I don’t usually extend only if the reader is really informative. I find when I have extended readings in the past the reader starts waffling and repeating themselves.
13-05-2018, 07:35 AM
(12-05-2018 11:38 PM)Dee Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 08:04 AM)Martino Wrote:  I'm glad to see that Livelines popular readers have all disappeared off their site since my original post was put on. So they've shot themselves in the foot. Psychic Future/121 Tarot is another pretty crap site but at least they pay their readers appropriately. A few years ago I joined Elie company who are Psychic Future, I soon came off as there was a lady that scolded readers for not logging on enough as if they were a bunch of naughty schoolkids. Lol.

Unfortunately, I don’t think they care about people disappearing. Trusted Psychics/ Livelines feed off desperate workers. They make a six figure salary per year (most likely from their sex line), and I imagine they will do so for a few more years. I did reread the newspaper article and it sounds like their company got dragged into someone’s lawsuit involving another adult entertainment line. But based on some of the threads on this forum they seem to be court *(caught) up in similar drama ( only this time with their readers).

121 tarot was the first line I worked for, but they don’t have many callers which prompted me to leave. The pay wasn’t fantastic, but at least they paid each week. I was never told I didn’t log on enough, but was scolded for not updating my picture. It was ridiculous because they supplied it, and she looked nothing like me. When I explained it would look strange the manager said “just do it” lol But everyone else still has their old picture displayed.

Hahaha! Scolded for not updating your picture? I didn't know that they were that fussy or allowed the use of models pictures! But yes, 121 Tarot was a pretty crap site and not a very active site. Yes, I'm still in the psychic business but only p/t basis as I'm doing some study. I do ps as well as just started a new company and taking in some private clients. Have had a website still to be activated but just haven't had time for other projects I'm pursuing. How about you; do you still read for any companies?
13-05-2018, 02:18 PM
(13-05-2018 07:35 AM)Martino Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 11:38 PM)Dee Wrote:  

Hahaha! Scolded for not updating your picture? I didn't know that they were that fussy or allowed the use of models pictures! But yes, 121 Tarot was a pretty crap site and not a very active site. Yes, I'm still in the psychic business but only p/t basis as I'm doing some study. I do ps as well as just started a new company and taking in some private clients. Have had a website still to be activated but just haven't had time for other projects I'm pursuing. How about you; do you still read for any companies?

Yep, after my first job I left and thought the next place would bring in more clients-wrong! They hyped up the position, although I was paid lot more per min there weren’t many callers. After one day of working there, they confessed, saying if I wanted to make more money readers would have to log in almost 24/7. I now work for another line and it’s busy, but there’s always issues with this type of industry lol I am a designer by trade-that’s how I pay my main bills. Psychic lines feeds my interests and helps me to fund a project (in a completly different field) am putting together next year. I’ll be exiting the psychic world this time 2019- but it’s depends on how much I can raise. Am looking to join another two lines in the meantime.

I suspect many self-employed people who top up their earnings with tax credits will soon be in for a shock once Universal Credit rolls out. I can’t see how many lines will keep their experienced readers! The government will have to make changes if they don’t want to face an unemployment explosion.