Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Live Lines UK - My Sacking Experience
13-05-2018, 03:58 PM
RE: Live Lines UK - My Sacking Experience
@Dee: I don't know much about Universal Credit or Tax Credits because they don't affect me. I'm a freelance Interior Designer. However, the self-employed readers who top up with let us say Child Tax Credit are usually female readers who come on to make pin money. In my view, there are far too many women readers that read on PS and I'm sure other phone lines who don't possess much psychic ability and read mainly from Tarot and Angel Cards.

Perhaps it's a good thing as a percentage of readers left will hopefully have more psychic ability as they take their job seriously. Lately, I've noticed on PS it's a free for all with the number of young mums, especially in the daytime. Unemployment, of course, is a different argument, but for me, the reduction of readers working as phone psychics is a good thing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2018, 04:12 PM
(13-05-2018 03:58 PM)pasha Wrote:  @Dee: I don't know much about Universal Credit or Tax Credits because they don't affect me. I'm a freelance Interior Designer. However, the self-employed readers who top up with let us say Child Tax Credit are usually female readers who come on to make pin money. In my view, there are far too many women readers that read on PS and I'm sure other phone lines who don't possess much psychic ability and read mainly from Tarot and Angel Cards.

Perhaps it's a good thing as a percentage of readers left will hopefully have more psychic ability as they take their job seriously. Lately, I've noticed on PS it's a free for all with the number of young mums, especially in the daytime. Unemployment, of course, is a different argument, but for me, the reduction of readers working as phone psychics is a good thing.

I take your point of view even though it's a little male chauvinistic.
13-05-2018, 07:51 PM
(13-05-2018 03:58 PM)pasha Wrote:  @Dee: I don't know much about Universal Credit or Tax Credits because they don't affect me. I'm a freelance Interior Designer. However, the self-employed readers who top up with let us say Child Tax Credit are usually female readers who come on to make pin money. In my view, there are far too many women readers that read on PS and I'm sure other phone lines who don't possess much psychic ability and read mainly from Tarot and Angel Cards.

Lol - it's just tough tittie for the pin money readersBig Grin

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. [Image: animated-fish-jumping-out-of-water.gif]
13-05-2018, 08:38 PM
I know I've said it alot recently, but I wish there were more male readers on PS. Shaun was great and Mystic Dwain was okay and they're never on, anymore. Harry is the only decent male reader on there along with Sam and Dominic is honest. I see Pasha's point that many of the females on there are single mums looking for a bit of extra cash with their agony aunt/motherly advice. It's full of the same fairy/angel/tarot card readers who aren't anymore psychic than my baby toe
13-05-2018, 10:02 PM
(13-05-2018 08:38 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  I know I've said it alot recently, but I wish there were more male readers on PS. Shaun was great and Mystic Dwain was okay and they're never on, anymore. Harry is the only decent male reader on there along with Sam and Dominic is honest. I see Pasha's point that many of the females on there are single mums looking for a bit of extra cash with their agony aunt/motherly advice. It's full of the same fairy/angel/tarot card readers who aren't anymore psychic than my baby toe

Yes I agree. I see pashas point tbh x
14-05-2018, 09:11 AM
(13-05-2018 02:18 PM)Dee Wrote:  
(13-05-2018 07:35 AM)Martino Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 11:38 PM)Dee Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 08:04 AM)Martino Wrote:  I'm glad to see that Livelines popular readers have all disappeared off their site since my original post was put on. So they've shot themselves in the foot. Psychic Future/121 Tarot is another pretty crap site but at least they pay their readers appropriately. A few years ago I joined Elie company who are Psychic Future, I soon came off as there was a lady that scolded readers for not logging on enough as if they were a bunch of naughty schoolkids. Lol.

Unfortunately, I don’t think they care about people disappearing. Trusted Psychics/ Livelines feed off desperate workers. They make a six figure salary per year (most likely from their sex line), and I imagine they will do so for a few more years. I did reread the newspaper article and it sounds like their company got dragged into someone’s lawsuit involving another adult entertainment line. But based on some of the threads on this forum they seem to be court *(caught) up in similar drama ( only this time with their readers).

121 tarot was the first line I worked for, but they don’t have many callers which prompted me to leave. The pay wasn’t fantastic, but at least they paid each week. I was never told I didn’t log on enough, but was scolded for not updating my picture. It was ridiculous because they supplied it, and she looked nothing like me. When I explained it would look strange the manager said “just do it” lol But everyone else still has their old picture displayed.

Do you still work for a psychic line?

Hahaha! Scolded for not updating your picture? I didn't know that they were that fussy or allowed the use of models pictures! But yes, 121 Tarot was a pretty crap site and not a very active site. Yes, I'm still in the psychic business but only p/t basis as I'm doing some study. I do ps as well as just started a new company and taking in some private clients. Have had a website still to be activated but just haven't had time for other projects I'm pursuing. How about you; do you still read for any companies?

Yep, after my first job I left and thought the next place would bring in more clients-wrong! They hyped up the position, although I was paid lot more per min there weren’t many callers. After one day of working there, they confessed, saying if I wanted to make more money readers would have to log in almost 24/7. I now work for another line and it’s busy, but there’s always issues with this type of industry lol I am a designer by trade-that’s how I pay my main bills. Psychic lines feeds my interests and helps me to fund a project (in a completly different field) am putting together next year. I’ll be exiting the psychic world this time 2019- but it’s depends on how much I can raise. Am looking to join another two lines in the meantime.

I suspect many self-employed people who top up their earnings with tax credits will soon be in for a shock once Universal Credit rolls out. I can’t see how many lines will keep their experienced readers! The government will have to make changes if they don’t want to face an unemployment explosion.

I must admit it hadn't occurred to me the number of readers who top up their earnings with the tax credit would be affected. If you are talking about wtc that has always been means tested around your self-employed earnings and it's usually very little you are allowed to earn before they top-up. Do you mean the child benefit/tax credit that's going to change? I guess that would affect many of the female readers. However, I think there are enough readers to go round who don't rely on any tax credits. More and more people are becoming self-employed now because of unemployment so it would only affect a minority of readers. And those readers it does affect are usually ones who don't log on that often and only come on when the lines are least busy, usually in the school hours.
14-05-2018, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2018 07:55 PM by Dee.)
Oh, I feel like I’ve hacked this thread lol Anyway, my last point was not referring to mothers who happen to be readers. Stereotyping female readers, as mums with young kids is a Big generalisation. I am a millennial (hate that term), female, not interested in baby’s, or marrying my 46yr old partner (neither are any of my friends).

Anyway, I only know about child benefits/credit due to working at the CAB. I worked there when I was studying law before (changing my program). I recall the law is that anyone responsible for a child under a certain age can claim Child Tax Credit regardless of if they are in a job or not. So am not referring to them, they’ll be fine. I was commenting on people on wtc. All benefits will soon merge into one ; Universal Credit (2020 I think for self employed). So many readers who aren’t mums will also be affected, you’d be surprised.

I never paid any attention to the other readers on any site I’ve work for, but when I started with the company I now work for the other readers would call me up for a reading. It was strange, they said they “can’t read for themselves” lol Many of them were women but did not have young children (sorry to break the picture painted in people’s heads). Their children were older -in their early 20’s- late teens. All these female readers had a main job, but it didn’t pay well, or they had just been fired (hence reason for calling).

So regardless of whether someone is a parent or not, if they’re not going to make the minimum income proposed by the government in two/three years, many readers will have to call it quits- Male or female. Only the companies with well thought out business models will last, or they will have to pay their readers more money! But my guess is they will outsource and recruit more readers based overseas.

I have nothing else to add on this topic. It was nice chatting with you all!

Ps sorry for errors, am in a rush, and on my iPhone.
14-05-2018, 08:42 PM
(14-05-2018 07:54 PM)Dee Wrote:  Oh, I feel like I’ve hacked this thread lol Anyway, my last point was not referring to mothers who happen to be readers. Stereotyping female readers, as mums with young kids is a Big generalisation. I am a millennial (hate that term), female, not interested in baby’s, or marrying my 46yr old partner (neither are any of my friends).

Anyway, I only know about child benefits/credit due to working at the CAB. I worked there when I was studying law before (changing my program). I recall the law is that anyone responsible for a child under a certain age can claim Child Tax Credit regardless of if they are in a job or not. So am not referring to them, they’ll be fine. I was commenting on people on wtc. All benefits will soon merge into one ; Universal Credit (2020 I think for self employed). So many readers who aren’t mums will also be affected, you’d be surprised.

I never paid any attention to the other readers on any site I’ve work for, but when I started with the company I now work for the other readers would call me up for a reading. It was strange, they said they “can’t read for themselves” lol Many of them were women but did not have young children (sorry to break the picture painted in people’s heads). Their children were older -in their early 20’s- late teens. All these female readers had a main job, but it didn’t pay well, or they had just been fired (hence reason for calling).

So regardless of whether someone is a parent or not, if they’re not going to make the minimum income proposed by the government in two/three years, many readers will have to call it quits- Male or female. Only the companies with well thought out business models will last, or they will have to pay their readers more money! But my guess is they will outsource and recruit more readers based overseas.

I have nothing else to add on this topic. It was nice chatting with you all!

Ps sorry for errors, am in a rush, and on my iPhone.

Yes, I see what you mean, it affects the readers on low minimum income. That's not really changed as wtc always has been for low earners. It's just a change of name, that's all. I don't get wtc, never have. Thanks Dee, I'm sure your post may interest a few people.
15-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Working Tax Credit has always been for people on a low wage but they have to do a minimum of 30 hours a week. I applied for it way back and was turned down because I earned too much. I can't see anything will have changed as the new rules come in.