Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Relaxtion
28-02-2015, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2015 11:17 AM by ChrisHelms.)
Relaxtion
Hi i just want to know is there any exercise for body relaxation or to get your self free from stress ? Plz share your experience.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: Relaxtion
I use meditation as a way of relaxing.....

I tend to visualise myself in a field near water and simply allow myself to relax...which works for me... it can be any place you find relaxing, the beach, a seat outside a coffee shop.. the key is to simply visualise yourself in your relaxing place and allow your body to relax with your mind. :-)

There is also a very simple breathing exercise to do that works for stress, nerves, all kinds of things..... you breath in positivity, hold for a few seconds, then breath out negativity, and you will feel your whole body relax as you keep doing it -)
08-04-2015, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2015 10:08 AM by DavidDavid.)
Swimming good one in this regard. There's nothing like it especially during the hot days of summer, whether it's at the beach or in the pool. It's relaxing,the movements are smooth and rhythmic, and it's a great workout.

DavidDavid
08-04-2015, 10:31 PM
(28-02-2015 12:14 PM)gaby99 Wrote:  [quote='ChrisHelms' pid='30108' dateline='1425108076']
Hi i just want to know is there any exercise for body relaxation or to get your self free from stress ? Plz share your experience.

I usually just find a comfortable position and I try to meditate. I concentrate on each part of my body, see it in my mind and I progressively become aware of it.

It takes a long time but it helps me. When my monkey mind drifts away I get it back and make it concentrate on something. I don't know my hands. I start to feel the bones, the muscles, the fingers,...
It helps me to figure out what part of my body needs more help. Depending of what I find I then work on the chakra that's in that part of the body.
So for example if my sacral chakra feels tired I look at something orange. Say you can wear an orange bracelet. I also use some pure essential oil linked to that chakra in the bath.

It works for me.

I have heard meditation is a very good way of relaxing. Not sure if this method takes practice, as I have tried it a few times, by listening to youtube videos, but found it difficult to clear my mind and focus. Would like to try again. There are so many different videos, think it may be a case of finding one that best suits me.
08-04-2015, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 12:01 AM by Spiritual Beer Cans.)
(08-04-2015 10:31 PM)Geminii 10 Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 12:14 PM)gaby99 Wrote:  [quote='ChrisHelms' pid='30108' dateline='1425108076']

I usually just find a comfortable position and I try to meditate. I concentrate on each part of my body, see it in my mind and I progressively become aware of it.

It takes a long time but it helps me. When my monkey mind drifts away I get it back and make it concentrate on something. I don't know my hands. I start to feel the bones, the muscles, the fingers,...
It helps me to figure out what part of my body needs more help. Depending of what I find I then work on the chakra that's in that part of the body.
So for example if my sacral chakra feels tired I look at something orange. Say you can wear an orange bracelet. I also use some pure essential oil linked to that chakra in the bath.

It works for me.

I have heard meditation is a very good way of relaxing. Not sure if this method takes practice, as I have tried it a few times, by listening to youtube videos, but found it difficult to clear my mind and focus. Would like to try again. There are so many different videos, think it may be a case of finding one that best suits me.

you dont need music:
sit in a high backed chair:
pretend you have a lover:
imagine the sounds of a hammer
and screeching sound of a drill:
boil some kippers for a spiritual aroma
relax to the banging sound of a hammer:
soak in the strong aroma of the kippers cooking:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder...Confused
09-04-2015, 11:18 AM
I agree with DavidDavid on this thread with the suggestion of swimming. It's a great work out and for me beats a lot.

I'm not into the spiritual music, the meditating thing sends me to sleep but not in a good way. I think chlll out to your fav music yes, whether this is light mode music. For me I can chill out to loud stuff.

Can I be honest and say apart from swimming I like an alcoholic drink and a fag listing to Metallica. That for me is chilling out, but guess we're all different.

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now. ***** Morrissey
09-04-2015, 06:54 PM
(09-04-2015 06:31 PM)gaby99 Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 11:18 AM)blondrockchick Wrote:  I agree with DavidDavid on this thread with the suggestion of swimming. It's a great work out and for me beats a lot.

I'm not into the spiritual music, the meditating thing sends me to sleep but not in a good way. I think chlll out to your fav music yes, whether this is light mode music. For me I can chill out to loud stuff.

Can I be honest and say apart from swimming I like an alcoholic drink and a fag listing to Metallica. That for me is chilling out, but guess we're all different.

One of my favourite songs is The four horsemen

I'm crazy about Metalicca. Jump in the Fire is one of my many favourites.
10-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Gaby and Alesha... Lol.. I'm surprised at you two being into head-banging Metallica on the quiet...Big Grin

I luurve chilling out to the sounds of Amy Winehouse and Robbie Williams.... I love swimming and the sun too... not that I ever get much time to relax in it when I'm away working......Cool

A desert holiday lets pack the drag away!!!!! Pricilla Queen of the Desert....... Cool
17-04-2015, 03:03 PM
relaxation technique (also known as relaxation training) is any method, process, procedure, or activity that helps a person to relax; to attain a state of increased calmness; or otherwise reduce levels of pain, anxiety, stress or anger. Relaxation techniques are often employed as one element of a wider stress management program and can decrease muscle tension, lower the blood pressure and slow heart and breath rates, among other health benefits
08-12-2015, 10:48 PM
(08-04-2015 11:52 PM)Spiritual Beer Cans Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 10:31 PM)Geminii 10 Wrote:  

It works for me.

you dont need music:
sit in a high backed chair:
pretend you have a lover:
imagine the sounds of a hammer
and screeching sound of a drill:
boil some kippers for a spiritual aroma
relax to the banging sound of a hammer:
soak in the strong aroma of the kippers cooking:

hellon everyone:
ive not been on here for a long time:
i come to bring serious discussions:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder...Confused