Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Defining Spirituality
02-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Defining Spirituality
This topic always interests me as Spirituality has a different meaning to everyone. I know that not everyone on here considers themselves to be spiritual, but everyone has an idea of of what they believe it to mean... so I thought it might be interesting to share those ideas :-)

For me spirituality is about the connection with self and with the world around you as well as the universe..... the journey of self is interwoven with the idea of spirituality... one comes hand and in hand with the other... I personally don't believe in god, but I do believe in the fact the universe is a living entity with energy in it's own right... and that we are all connected to that.

I see spirituality as not being ego based... ie, no ones idea of what it is, is more right than anyone elses, no one is the best, and no one can be more spiritual than another... it doesn't come from ego or from the negative side of human nature, but comes from somewhere deep within us...

I don't like this idea of being spiritual meaning you have to be nice to everyone all the time regardless of how they treat you. That's not the case at all, and it took me a while to realise this..... it is okay to say no to people, it is okay to have respect for yourself and have boundaries in place regarding what type of behaviour you will tolerate and what you won't tolerate. In fact.... this is all part of the spiritual process for me, because at the end of the day how we allow others to treat us will define how we are treated and therefore by having respect for ourselves we are allowing ourselves to evolve and grow and are actively helping to attract nice people in our lives.

For me my spirituality is directly linked my pagan faith as well.....I am not wiccan and follow my own path, but having respect for the earth is key for me when it comes to spirituality......if I didn't get ill being a vegetarian then I would choose not to eat meat as everyone and everything is equal.. at least that is how I see it.

I also genuinely believe we are all here for a purpose... there is something that we are all destined to do with our lives.. even if that is touching the lives of others.... it doesn't have to be a big thing, sometimes it is the smaller things that are the most important.

Being spiritual for me is a doing word... it doesn't matter what faith you belong to, it's not a label to be stuck on (if that makes sense).

Spirituality is also often confused with 'psychic'.. there are many psychics out there, along with catholics, muslims etc etc who do not have a spiritual bone in their body.... I kind of see them as two separate things.

I guess the biggest thing about spirituality for me is that we are here to be the best version of ourselves that we can be... life is about learning, the spiritual journey is about learning, and we will often keep being presented with the same mistakes until we eventually learn the lesson from it.

Anywho that's a brief idea of how I personally see spirituality.. which doesn't make me right, just means that is how I see it, will be interesting to see how others see and define spirituality :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2015, 08:31 PM
RE: Defining Spirituality
Maybe the human race as an actual race has devolved in many ways. I mean we have advanced when it comes to technology, but we seem to be going backwards as a race. This is possibly down to the nature of the race...

I think to some extent we all need some form of ego.. in a sense that we need to want to do better, to be better.. to do everything to the best of our ability.. it is when the ego takes over that it becomes troublesome.. nothing annoys me more than someone with an overinflated sense of self.... I used to see it all the time at MBS fayres.... that's why I stopped doing them and stopped going to them.... every work shop was run by the best in the Uk and the best in the world.. but no one is actually the best... because when it comes to both psychic ability and spirituality it is a life long journey where we never know it all?
05-03-2015, 12:00 AM
I hadn't thought about it that way but it makes sense.

Actually the more I think about it the more sense it makes.... especially given what we know about ancient civilisations... and look at the types of buildings they made... etc etc..... maybe they were advanced in ways that we have lost over the years.... and maybe you are right on the whole spiral and how we will end up regaining what we have lost?
12-03-2015, 01:35 AM
There is a lot of sense in what you are saying.... I guess we can all have theories on things but some things will always remain a mystery... and that's what I love about this world, both past and present... there is so much yet to know, so much we may never understand, and that adds to the beauty of the world in so many ways.

I pass Stonehenge a lot and there is something really magical about the place.... I went there with a friend once on a full moon, and it was so beautiful to look at the stones in moonlight. We may never know how they managed to get them there, we can only give theories on what they were used for, but that's cool with me, as I am not sure we are meant to know everything.

I remember a quite a few years ago, my eldest was about 6 or 7.... I took him to school and went home, was feeling really crappy, tried to sleep for a while but couldn't, felt worse as the day went on... laid down, went to sleep, wishing I had another hour... my alarm was set for 2.30... but I woke up at what I thought was 3.. the clock said 3, my watch said 3, I raced out of the house to go to the school, was a bit odd that none of the other mums were all bustling down the ally way, looked down at my watch, and it was only 2... that totally freaked me out. I can't explain it, I just know that the clocks in my house said 3, as did my watch... was bizarre... and something I will never really work out the whys about LOL

Time is what it is.. some days flash by, others drag.... when I am sitting making my jewellery I find that time seems to go so fast.... on the odd day I think sod it and come home, time just drags, even if I am busy doing housework and such like.... Time is possibly another thing we as people will never fully be able to understand or explain
14-03-2015, 02:51 PM
It was just very odd... I mean if it had been one clock in my house I could have explained it, but it was my phone, computer and the house clock on the wall... and my watch as well... was just so bizarre... has only ever happened once i might add, not something I have experienced again lol.... I guess some things just can't be explained by anything, and this for me was one of those times :-)
25-03-2015, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2015 08:14 AM by wilijum10.)
I really want to know more about Spirituality but i did not get any good resource to get useful information about Spirituality, I get some of useful Spirituality information here which increase my knowledge.