Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
I thought they were genuine but it's a disgrace
22-03-2015, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 11:14 PM by Soapfan46.)
I thought they were genuine but it's a disgrace
Hi all
I am so glad I have found this site. Had been looking for something like this for years but for some reason couldn't find it until now. And now I have a chance to share my experience with you all or at least get this off my chest. I have tried complaining many times but I get ignored completely.

First of all, thanks for reading this in advance....

I started using Psychic Today around five years ago, so 2010 or so. It was my first time calling a psychic and to me at the time that was a last straw in getting the answers as I couldn't think of another way of knowing what was going on in someone else's mind - love life trouble!

In my experience it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. I had literally called around 50 different psychics from the psychic today website trying in vain to find the one. That one special psychic that connects with you and gives you all the validations that I read about on the Internet. Psychics knowing names, places, colours; hearings things, seeing things. It intrigued me and I wanted to experience that feeling that so many testimonials speak of on their website.

Apologies to fans of the Readers that I am going to comment on now. I know they may have connected with you and I'm glad if so but my experience with them was just horrendous. I got the infamous Faith who spoke so fast that I had to play my recording back thirty times or more. What's more is she spoke crap. Utter crap and because it was a TV reading I couldn't give feedback. The same goes for barmy John Healey who D-R-A-G-G-E-D a 20 minute reading out for over an hour with his long pauses which are supposed to make you think he's concentrationg or something. He eventually came out with "white tennis shoes" which would apparently be of major significance to me either at the time or later but to this day, half a decade on, I have not seen or worn any white tennis shoes nor do I wish to. Manalix I found to be a dirty old man, Crystal just tried to get as much info as she could out of me and then repeat the same back to me as if it was magic and the list goes on. Even the ever popular Christian Martin who was SO hard to get hold of was wrong. To this day all the things he told me were all wrong. Not one thing came true. However, I did eventually click with a couple of readers and to be honest it was more of a counselling session with them rather than a psychic reading. I never ever got the validations I was after or wowed by a psychic's gift but here comes the main part of my post. About two years after I was having daily readings psychic today had a system upgrade. I used to spend so much money on these readings and I used to complain that the 'kids' answering the phones were rude and always letting me miss the psychic I was after or just cut me off. Anyway during this upgrade, the system went haywire. You'd call and pay for a reading and you'd get cut off. One particular night in 2012, the system was so bad that I just couldn't be put through to a reader. I just constantly got cut off until something truly incredible happened. I called and asked to go through to my reader and when I got through it was someone else, so I hung up. I called back and told reception what had happened and they put me through again. Now bare in mind I had found the two readers that I spoke to daily and I stuck to these two readers only for around 18 months and this might I had been asked to go through to one of the readers I had been speaking to for 18 months and so you can imagine they knew quite a lot about me and what I spoke about and the people I spoke about. So, when I got put through again, the person answers and says "Hello you're through to X". I was so annoyed and was just about to hang up but she went on with the reading and she mentioned my partners name, where they live and what the current situation was. I was staggered. So staggered that I couldt even speak. Eventually I managed to whisper "how, how do you know these things?". Had I finally got the ultimate psychic I had been looking for? What she said after will really shock you, well it shocked me anyway. I asked how she knew these things and she replied "oh the other readers leave notes on the system so we just pick up where you left off". YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT! I asked her five times to repeat what she said and I clarified with "so you are telling me that readers leave notes on the system about what we speak about and other readers can see these notes?". Yes she says. I wrote an immediate letter of complaint to the head of customer services two years ago and all I got back was an email saying "sorry I've told them not to do that". I was and still am furious. I have sent scores of written letters in since asking for a better response but I have been ignored to date. When I think of the amount of money I had spent with this company it makes me feel physically sick. Thankfully now I have found a couple of other sites (PM me for details) and I finally did receive the validations that I was looking for but it certainly wasn't from Psychic Today. The service and attitude are absolutely appalling.
On a positive, as I always like to end, for those of you have found what I have found on another site, I am very pleased for you but this post was not entirely about the readers but more about Psychic Today and their less than enviable way of doing things.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: I thought they were genuine but it's a disgrace
the argument is that they only leave notes to help save time, one could argue that keeping notes is ethically wrong. I had so many poor readings with that company, but really it was my fault because I wanted a fairy story and I sure got one. Reality five years later (same time span as yours) tells me in my time contacting them I never spoke to a psychic, just people making money at the expense of other people's misery.
22-03-2015, 03:22 PM
(22-03-2015 03:15 PM)yourexiscomingbackhonest Wrote:  the argument is that they only leave notes to help save time, one could argue that keeping notes is ethically wrong. I had so many poor readings with that company, but really it was my fault because I wanted a fairy story and I sure got one. Reality five years later (same time span as yours) tells me in my time contacting them I never spoke to a psychic, just people making money at the expense of other people's misery.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Believe me I tried to find a positive on them leaving notes but I'm afraid I just can't find one. Funnily enough I don't even think their telephone lines say "for entertainment purposes only". For a long time I thought all psychics were a scam until I found the site that I use now. Psychic Today as you say is just about making money. The experiences I've had with one other reader on another site was horrendous. Andrea from Star Temple is the biggest idiot going. She's rude and nasty and basically makes you feel terrible about yourself. All she used to say was "I'm not being nasty but..." and then she'd go into this rant about how everything I did was wrong. No one I ever fancied, fancied me back, no business idea I had was ever going to work, nothing I ever looked for positivity in was ever going to happen and it got to the point where I was acting on her advice which could have lost me my job! I stopped calling that company years ago to. Not sure if she's still on it but she is such a nasty and arrogant reader. It made me think, my god I am paying for this! Unbelievable how some readers think they can get off saying stuff like that.
22-03-2015, 03:31 PM
many readers have their own unadressed issues to deal with, a psychic in my opinion should not offer advice, but simply give a prediction, not a lot to ask i would say.
22-03-2015, 03:36 PM
(22-03-2015 03:31 PM)yourexiscomingbackhonest Wrote:  many readers have their own unadressed issues to deal with, a psychic in my opinion should not offer advice, but simply give a prediction, not a lot to ask i would say.

Thank you, yes, 100% correct. I think many of them are above themselves and realise that often you are in their power sadly and so they tart giving their opinions rather than clairvoyance. It used to p me off so badly when they did that and then just talk about themselves and their problems. I felt like screaming sometimes "moan about this on your own time and not in my credit". Most of the time towards the end I just cut them off Big Grin
23-03-2015, 12:45 PM
(22-03-2015 02:50 PM)Soapfan46 Wrote:  Hi all
I am so glad I have found this site. Had been looking for something like this for years but for some reason couldn't find it until now. And now I have a chance to share my experience with you all or at least get this off my chest. I have tried complaining many times but I get ignored completely.

I started using Psychic Today around five years ago, so 2010 or so. It was my first time calling a psychic and to me at the time that was a last straw in getting the answers as I couldn't think of another way of knowing what was going on in someone else's mind - love life trouble!

In my experience it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. I had literally called around 50 different psychics from the psychic today website trying in vain to find the one one. That one special psychic that connects with you and gives you all the validations that I read about on the Internet. Psychics knowing names, places, colours; hearings things seeing things. It intrigued me and I wanted to experience that feeling that so many testimenials speak of on their website.

Apologies to fans of the Readers that I am going to comment on now. I know they may have connected with you and I'm glad if so but my experience with them was just horrendous. I got the infamous Faith who spoke so fast that I had to play my recording back thirty times or more. What's more is she spoke crap. Utter crap and because it was a TV reading I couldn't give feedback. The same goes for barmy John Healey who D-R-A-G-G-E-D a 20 minute reading out for over an hour with his long pauses which are supposed to Mae you think he's concentrationg or something. He eventually came out with "white tennis shoes" which would apparently be of major significance to me either at the time or later but to this day, half a decade on, I have not seen or worn any white tennis shoes nor do I wish to.

Manalix I found to be a dirty old man, Crystal just tried to get as much info as she could out of me and then repeat the same back to me as if it was magic and the list goes on. Even the ever popular Christian Martin who was SO hard to get hold of was wrong. To this day all the things he told me we're all wrong. Not one thing came true. However, I did eventually click with a couple of readers and to be honest it was more of a counselling session with them rather than a psychic reading. I ever ever got the validations I was after or wowed by a psychic's gift but here comes the main part of my post. About two years after I was having daily readings psychic today had a system upgrade. I used to spend so much money on these readings and I used to complain that the 'kids' answering the phones were rude and always letting me miss the psychic I was after or just cut me off.

Anyway during this upgrade, the system went haywire. You'd call and pay for a reading and you'd get cut off. One particular night in 2012, the system was so bad that I just couldn't be put through to a reader. I just constantly got cut off until something truly incredible happened. I called and asked to go through to my reader and when I got through it was someone else, so I hung up.

I called back and told reception what had happened and they put me through again. Now bare in mind I had found the two readers that I spoke to daily and I stuck to these two readers only for around 18 months and this might I had been asked to go through to one of the readers I had been speaking to for 18 months and so you can imagine they knew quite a lot about me and what I spoke about and the people I spoke about. So, when I got put through again, the person answers and says "Hello you're through to X". I was so annoyed and was just about to hang up but she went on with the reading and she mentioned my partners name, where they live and what the current situation was. I was staggered. So staggered that I couldt even speak. Eventually I managed to whisper "how, how do you know these things?". Had I finally got the ultimate psychic I had been looking for? What she said after will really shock you, well it shocked me anyway.

I asked how she knew these things and she replied "oh the other readers leave notes on the system so we just pick up where you left off". YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT! I asked her five times to repeat what she said and I clarified with "so you are telling me that readers leave notes on the system about what we speak about and other readers can see these notes?". Yes she says. I wrote an immediate letter of complaint to the head of customer services two years ago and all I got back was an email saying "sorry I've told them not to do that". I was and still am furious.

I have sent scores of written letters in since asking for a better response but I have been ignored to date. When I think of the amount of money I had spent with this company it makes me feel physically sick. Thankfully now I have found a couple of other sites (PM me for details) and I finally did receive the validations that I was looking for but it certainly wasn't from Psychic Today. The service and attitude are absolutely appalling.

On a positive, as I always like to end, for those of you have found what I have found on another site, I am very pleased for you but this post was not entirely about the readers but more about Psychic Today and their less than enviable way of doing things.

Hi, I'm sorry to have had to add some paragraphs so as to make your post more readable, but I think your story needs to be told.
23-03-2015, 01:26 PM
(23-03-2015 12:45 PM)That Spooky Feeling Wrote:  
(22-03-2015 02:50 PM)Soapfan46 Wrote:  Hi all

In my experience it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. I had literally called around 50 different psychics from the psychic today website trying in vain to find the one one. That one special psychic that connects with you and gives you all the validations that I read about on the Internet. Psychics knowing names, places, colours; hearings things seeing things. It intrigued me and I wanted to experience that feeling that so many testimenials speak of on their website.

Apologies to fans of the Readers that I am going to comment on now. I know they may have connected with you and I'm glad if so but my experience with them was just horrendous. I got the infamous Faith who spoke so fast that I had to play my recording back thirty times or more. What's more is she spoke crap. Utter crap and because it was a TV reading I couldn't give feedback. The same goes for barmy John Healey who D-R-A-G-G-E-D a 20 minute reading out for over an hour with his long pauses which are supposed to Mae you think he's concentrationg or something. He eventually came out with "white tennis shoes" which would apparently be of major significance to me either at the time or later but to this day, half a decade on, I have not seen or worn any white tennis shoes nor do I wish to.

Manalix I found to be a dirty old man, Crystal just tried to get as much info as she could out of me and then repeat the same back to me as if it was magic and the list goes on. Even the ever popular Christian Martin who was SO hard to get hold of was wrong. To this day all the things he told me we're all wrong. Not one thing came true. However, I did eventually click with a couple of readers and to be honest it was more of a counselling session with them rather than a psychic reading. I ever ever got the validations I was after or wowed by a psychic's gift but here comes the main part of my post. About two years after I was having daily readings psychic today had a system upgrade. I used to spend so much money on these readings and I used to complain that the 'kids' answering the phones were rude and always letting me miss the psychic I was after or just cut me off.

Anyway during this upgrade, the system went haywire. You'd call and pay for a reading and you'd get cut off. One particular night in 2012, the system was so bad that I just couldn't be put through to a reader. I just constantly got cut off until something truly incredible happened. I called and asked to go through to my reader and when I got through it was someone else, so I hung up.

I called back and told reception what had happened and they put me through again. Now bare in mind I had found the two readers that I spoke to daily and I stuck to these two readers only for around 18 months and this might I had been asked to go through to one of the readers I had been speaking to for 18 months and so you can imagine they knew quite a lot about me and what I spoke about and the people I spoke about. So, when I got put through again, the person answers and says "Hello you're through to X". I was so annoyed and was just about to hang up but she went on with the reading and she mentioned my partners name, where they live and what the current situation was. I was staggered. So staggered that I couldt even speak. Eventually I managed to whisper "how, how do you know these things?". Had I finally got the ultimate psychic I had been looking for? What she said after will really shock you, well it shocked me anyway.

I asked how she knew these things and she replied "oh the other readers leave notes on the system so we just pick up where you left off". YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT! I asked her five times to repeat what she said and I clarified with "so you are telling me that readers leave notes on the system about what we speak about and other readers can see these notes?". Yes she says. I wrote an immediate letter of complaint to the head of customer services two years ago and all I got back was an email saying "sorry I've told them not to do that". I was and still am furious.

I have sent scores of written letters in since asking for a better response but I have been ignored to date. When I think of the amount of money I had spent with this company it makes me feel physically sick. Thankfully now I have found a couple of other sites (PM me for details) and I finally did receive the validations that I was looking for but it certainly wasn't from Psychic Today. The service and attitude are absolutely appalling.

Hi, I'm sorry to have had to add some paragraphs so as to make your post more readable, but I think your story needs to be told.

Omg how embarassing Blush. I actually corrected this last night. I was cutting and pasting and the box was playing up so I clearly got the bits wrong and doubled up on some things.mthank you so much for doing this. I hope it helps or if anything intrigues others. Thanks a lot.
28-03-2015, 02:49 PM
I have used the service and the readers I have encountered were helpful, but I only used it a few times over a period of months.

However, the main issue I'm having is the possible lack of confidentiality, I thought these readings were meant to be confidential between me and the reader.

Soapfan46 you said were told by customer services "sorry I've told them not to do that". I'm wondering then why do they have this facility in the first place.

I had deleted my account with them a while back but the thought of them having had possibly taken notes on my private life I find it very upsetting.
29-03-2015, 01:51 AM
(28-03-2015 02:49 PM)Plutoeyes Wrote:  I have used the service and the readers I have encountered were helpful, but I only used it a few times over a period of months.

However, the main issue I'm having is the possible lack of confidentiality, I thought these readings were meant to be confidential between me and the reader.

Soapfan46 you said were told by customer services "sorry I've told them not to do that". I'm wondering then why do they have this facility in the first place.

I had deleted my account with them a while back but the thought of them having had possibly taken notes on my private life I find it very upsetting.

Yes plutoeyes- the head of customer services Vicky Rhodes actually said "I've told them not to do that"; it's an absolute disgrace! I find it majorly embarassing when I need to claim a refund for not connecting or whatever and the receptionists can just listen back to your call! I used to get so paranoid thinking that they were someone I worked with or someone I knew and they'd just listened to my call! It's not very private at all I'm afraid and further still I think they keep stuff on file for around 6 years but don't quote me.
29-03-2015, 03:45 PM
(29-03-2015 01:51 AM)Soapfan46 Wrote:  Yes plutoeyes- the head of customer services Vicky Rhodes actually said "I've told them not to do that"; it's an absolute disgrace! I find it majorly embarassing when I need to claim a refund for not connecting or whatever and the receptionists can just listen back to your call! I used to get so paranoid thinking that they were someone I worked with or someone I knew and they'd just listened to my call! It's not very private at all I'm afraid and further still I think they keep stuff on file for around 6 years but don't quote me.

I worried about this kind of thing too. I never asked for a refund, but i think the calls are recorded in case there is someone who calls who is threatening and abusive etc. I think after a while the calls should be deleted, not kept. The note taking is silly though, circumstances and feelings change in days, the notes are useless.

It is scary, i mean there is no need to keep any of this for a huge length of time. What use is information on someones love life? They dont need it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Psychic Today are a total disgrace Secret 17 3,866 09-09-2016 09:08 PM
Last Post: pasha
  what are your thought on these psychic today 'psychics' Gem_0923 15 8,285 04-10-2015 02:31 PM
Last Post: iamheretowarnyou