Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
I thought they were genuine but it's a disgrace
22-03-2015, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2015 06:37 AM by Soapfan46.)
I thought they were genuine but it's a disgrace
Hi all. Am new to the site and to forums. Just posted this in another thread but thought I would post here as well in case this is better.

Hi all
I am so glad I have found this site. Had been looking for something like this for years but for some reason couldn't find it until now. And now I have a chance to share my experience with you all or at least get this off my chest. I have tried complaining many times but I get ignored completely.

First of all, thanks for reading this in advance....

I started using Psychic Today around five years ago, so 2010 or so. It was my first time calling a psychic and to me at the time that was a last straw in getting the answers as I couldn't think of another way of knowing what was going on in someone else's mind - love life trouble!

In my experience it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. I had literally called around 50 different psychics from the psychic today website, trying in vain to find the one. That one special psychic that connects with you and gives you all the validations that I read about on the Internet. Psychics knowing names, places, colours; hearings things seeing things. It intrigued me and I wanted to experience that feeling that so many testimonials spoke of on their website.

Apologies to fans of the Readers that I am going to comment on now. I know they may have connected with you and I'm glad if so but my experience with them was just horrendous. I got the infamous Faith who spoke so fast that I had to play my recording back thirty times or more. What's more is she spoke crap. Utter crap and and because it was a TV reading I couldn't give feedback. The same goes for barmy John Healey who D-R-A-G-G-E-D a 20 minute reading out for over an hour with his long pauses which are supposed to make you think he's concentrating or something. He eventually came out with "white tennis shoes" which would apparently be of major significance to me either at the time or later, but to this day, half a decade on, I have not seen or worn any white tennis shoes nor do I wish to. Manalix I found to be a "dirty old man" and my God so needy! Boy was he needy! Crystal just tried to get as much info as she could out of me and then proceeded to repeat the same back to me as if all what she was saying was magic and the list goes on. Even the ever popular Christian Martin who was SO hard to get hold of was wrong. I had to hang around waiting and dialling for months before I managed to get hold of him but to this day all the things he told me we're all wrong. Not one thing came true. However, I did eventually click with a couple of readers and to be honest it was more of a counselling session with them rather than a psychic reading. I never ever got the validations I was after or wowed by a psychic's gift but here comes the main part of my post. About two years after I was having daily readings psychic today had a system upgrade. I used to spend so much money on these readings and I used to complain that the 'kids' answering the phones were rude and always letting me miss the psychic I was after or just cut me off. Anyway during this upgrade, the system went haywire. You'd call and pay for a reading and you'd get cut off. One particular night in 2012, the system was so bad that I just couldn't be put through to a reader. No-one could. I just constantly got cut off until something truly despicable happened. I called and asked to go through to my reader and when I got through it was someone else, so I hung up. I called back and told reception what had happened and they put me through again. Now bare in mind I had found the two readers that I spoke to daily and I stuck to these two readers only for around 18 months and this night I had been asked to go through to one of the readers I had been speaking to for 18 months and so you can imagine they knew quite a lot about me and what I spoke about and the people I spoke about. So, when I got put through again, the person answers and says "Hello you're through to X" (eg neither of the two I usually spoke to), I was so annoyed and was just about to hang up but she went on with the reading and she mentioned my partners name, where they live and what the current situation was. I was staggered. So staggered that I couldnt even speak. Eventually I managed to whisper "how, how do you know these things?". Had I finally got the ultimate psychic I had been looking for? What she said after will really shock you, well it shocked me anyway. I asked how she knew these things and she replied "oh the other readers leave notes on the system so we just pick up where you left off". YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT! I asked her five times to repeat what she said and I clarified with "so you are telling me that readers leave notes on the system about what we speak about and other readers can see these notes?". Yes she says. I wrote an immediate letter of complaint to the head of customer services two years ago and all I got back was an email saying "sorry I've told them not to do that". I was and still am furious. I have sent scores of written letters in since asking for a better response but I have been ignored to date. When I think of the amount of money I had spent with this company it makes me feel physically sick. Thankfully now I have found a couple of other sites (PM me for details) and I finally did receive the validations that I was looking for but it certainly wasn't from Psychic Today. The service and attitude are absolutely appalling.
On a positive, as I always like to end, for those of you have found what I have found on another site, I am very pleased for you but this post was not entirely about the readers but more about Psychic Today and their less than enviable way of doing things although it is fair to say that some of the readers on there are very sad excuses for true and really gifted psychics. Some if them should be ashamed of themselves. Still, I'm happy now and I hope you all are too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2015, 05:59 PM
RE: I thought they were genuine but it's a disgrace
(22-03-2015 04:58 PM)gaby99 Wrote:  very good post. I have posted this a few times already but there is a woman I sometimes call (not psychic today) who has told me several times that she doesn't keep any note and i believe her. But this is just to say that yes they usually take notes.

Thank you Gabby. As a user of psychic lines I'm sure like everyone, I shopped around for the best prices, trouble is those offers are almost always for "new customers only". A few readers like Cindy, Miyah and Kent at psychicmagic.co.uk are amazing. Miriam blew me away as she gave me my dad's nickname and described his ring! That was the kind of validations I was hoping for. now I get readings instead of mumbo jumbo personal opinions.
22-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Do you think that the reason why readers can sometimes validate so accurately could be to do with note sharing? I know we've gone into this discussion before but it does make one think.
22-03-2015, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 11:04 PM by Soapfan46.)
(22-03-2015 06:27 PM)Noble Hunertus Wrote:  Do you think that the reason why readers can sometimes validate so accurately could be to do with note sharing? I know we've gone into this discussion before but it does make one think.

Hi Noble, yes I do think in the case of Psychic Today where the reader gave me her name and the head of customer services admitted that note sharing does go on. I actually can't believe someone fronting their customer service was stupid enough to admit it. That whole company just laughs at dissatisfied customers. They are nasty people. Unfortunately the reader I used to speak to is no longer on that site and I have no reason to call and wouldn't anyway.
22-03-2015, 07:22 PM
(22-03-2015 07:15 PM)gaby99 Wrote:  Well I shared this before and i know some people didn't agree with what I was saying. Months ago I had an occasional reading wit a woman at psychicsofa. I hadn't had reading for a very long time and I had never spoken to this woman.
I didn't give her my name but I gave her my date of birth. She went on with her reading and the weird thing was that she talked about stuff that was valid years ago when I used to have a lot of readings. It didn't fit with my current situation but I let that go and in the end she said goodbye calling me by my real name.
I know that some people have said that psychicsofa doesn't share notes so I can only come to the conclusion that maybe some readers do share. It doesn't have to be everybody.

Wow! You see I think it's disgusting that note sharing goes on but how do you feel about it?
I think the "entertainment" tag because psychics can't be proved is really misleading. We don't ring up to be entertained for gods sake. Some of us if not all have valid and current personal situations and we are looking for a bit of insight. I haven't used psychic today or star temple for years now but I do use one where I don't feel uncomfortable or scared that the reader like Andrea from star temple, is going to make me feel rubbish about myself and my life.
22-03-2015, 09:00 PM
If they are keeping notes in order to share information on what people are having readings on then it is very wrong.. and no decent psychic should need or even want notes.. after all, notes will slant what you are picking up because you will be going on what someone else claims they are getting as opposed to what you are really feeling..... and I am using the word **if** as people from PTV and who have friends who work there etc etc have openly said that note taking is not happening on PTV in that way... and if I remember rightly, someone posted a while back that notes were not taken any more....

I struggle to believe who is on the level as a poster at times... and I mean no disrespect with that... but anyone with an axe to grind can come on here and say whatever they want, and people who feel cheated by readers will listen without question
22-03-2015, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 11:11 PM by Soapfan46.)
Personally the note taking thing is wrong. It just makes a complete mockery of the whole thing. Any one of us could basically pick up the phone and if we were confident enough WE could read the notes and carry on with the reading!! Just because they "don't do it anymore" doesn't make it ok. (Eg) "I killed 12 people but don't put me in prison cos I DONT DO IT ANYMORE"; "I cheated on you and had nine different affairs but don't divorce me cos I DONT DO IT ANYMORE", "I used to embezzle money from work for years but don't tell the police cos I DONT DO IT ANYMORE"!!! It's disgusting. Anyway I've told my story, aired my views and thanks for reading. Much appreciated. It's good to get your views too.
22-03-2015, 09:36 PM
From my experience of readings I am sure a lot of the phone companies do take notes. When I first started having readings I was in a very vulnerable state and gave lots of info away. Once the readings were more frequent I was being amazed at what was being given to me. I did get get a niggling feeling that I chose to ignore because so hopeful that what was being predicted would come true.
I can say this because I stuck to one company for readings but once I started phoning different lines I had learnt to give nothing away and very few readers wowed me.
22-03-2015, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2015 09:57 PM by Soapfan46.)
(22-03-2015 09:36 PM)Gilly Wrote:  From my experience of readings I am sure a lot of the phone companies do take notes. When I first started having readings I was in a very vulnerable state and gave lots of info away. Once the readings were more frequent I was being amazed at what was being given to me. I did get get a niggling feeling that I chose to ignore because so hopeful that what was being predicted would come true.
I can say this because I stuck to one company for readings but once I started phoning different lines I had learnt to give nothing away and very few readers wowed me.

Totally agree. Very very few readers have amazed me apart from two that I have recently been using on another site. Was on psychic today, star temple and amberlive for years. One reader there used to p*ss me off majorly but again I was vulnerable and went on the testimonials. How stupid was I?!? Every single thing I'd say and then ask she would constantly say "what do you think about that then". I'd tell her my situation and say how it was making me feel and again all she'd say was "what do you think about that then?". God it was infuriating but apart from the testimonials how else are you going to choose? Naive isn't the word. NONE of the testimonials I wrote for the likes of Faith and John Healey and how awful they got put up. Typical.
22-03-2015, 10:14 PM
(22-03-2015 09:54 PM)gaby99 Wrote:  
(22-03-2015 09:48 PM)Soapfan46 Wrote:  
(22-03-2015 09:36 PM)Gilly Wrote:  From my experience of readings I am sure a lot of the phone companies do take notes. When I first started having readings I was in a very vulnerable state and gave lots of info away. Once the readings were more frequent I was being amazed at what was being given to me. I did get get a niggling feeling that I chose to ignore because so hopeful that what was being predicted would come true.

Totally agree. Very very few readers have amazed me apart from two that I have recently been using on another site. Was on psychic today, star temple and amberlive for years. One reader there used to p*ss me off majorly but again I was vulnerable and went on the testimonials. How stupid was I?!? Every single thing I'd say and then ask she would constantly say "what do you think about that then". I'd tell her my situation and say how it was making me feel and again all she'd say was "what do you think about that then?". God it was infuriating but apart from the testimonials how else are you going to choose? Naive isn't the word. NONE of the testimonials I wrote for the likes of Faith and John Healey and how awful they were got put up. Typical.
Talking about feedbacks and testimonials. Last year someone was posting on this forum. I believe it was a lady. Many people on the forum believed that she was working for psychic TV. This is not relevant to the story but she was keeping saying that of course the readers on psychic TV are incredible because they have been hand picked. I told her but handpicked by whom and what does it mean?
What kind of marketing is that? And then again when you are vulnerable you somehow believe that handpicked is some sort of exclusive process that would just select the best ever.

Handpicked??? That's a joke if ever I heard one. I received a Christmas voucher last year and gave it to a mate but all she got was hassle. When she chose the reader she wanted to speak to the receptionists told her they didn't recommend that reader as they weren't psychic today's readers but overflow. What's worse is when my mate insisted on speaking to the person she wanted, at least five of her minutes had gone in listening to the readers voicemail. Psychic Today for me are the worst of the worst but that's just my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation are psychic feedbacks are genuine or fake? janaan 64 4,640 06-12-2015 10:33 PM
Last Post: janaan
  psychics on here are a disgrace pillarbox 30 5,060 10-10-2015 04:22 PM
Last Post: Stardust_
Tongue genuine psychic sofa feedback q7777 6 8,307 13-11-2014 10:37 PM
Last Post: iamacolincookfan
  Food For Thought When Getting a Reading louieboy 14 2,642 24-10-2014 12:47 AM
Last Post: Ella Hardy
  Genuine Psychics and Clairvoyants Hangingpants 51 14,523 20-08-2013 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hangingpants