Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think Sally Morgan is genuine?
06-04-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: Do you think Sally Morgan is genuine?
Is this the kind of culture we all want to be a part of, the one where we sue others for our own mistakes, bad decisions, or errors of judgement?

If I go to the cinema to see a hyped up film that is meant to be amazing, and find it rubbish.... I don't sue the movie makers, or the cinema because it was promoted as being fantastic.... despite the fact the cinema can cost me around 50 quid with the kids once I have bought the tickets and some munchies and drinks etc etc

At some point I do think people need to let go of this blame and anger and realise that yes, some psychics are rubbish... but we all choose to phone them... people choose to make the decision to go to these big named medium shows... and even when so much doubt is cast over the mediums, people still CHOOSE to pay.....

And the key word here is choice.... we are all adults and all capable of making our own decisions, and some of those decisions turn out to be mistakes..... and some mistakes can be costly.... but no one makes anyone make the choice to book tickets to a show, or to phone a psychic line....just like no one forces us to go to the cinema, go to the theatre.. pay for some cool beauty product that is meant to do wonderful things only to find it a bit crap....

This idea of compensation culture is quite frankly ridiculous.. this is why so many schools couldn't allow the children outside to view the eclipse... in case a parent sued....

Suing a show man psychic because they put on a good show but you are unsure of whether their info is genuine is no different from severely obese people suing mcdonalds because they have chosen to eat in there every day and are over weight because of it... personal choice is personal choice... if you want to see better psychics and better phone lines, stop lining the coffers of those running them.... sadly it really is that simple... because sadly the only way anything will change is by a steep decline in profits.

And if you want to go to a decent medium and not pay through the nose.... go to a local event or the local spiritualist church.... if you want a good reading, stop having phone lines, nip to your local new age shop or look through your local paper, even go to your local alternative healing centre.... and you will find a decent one recommended at a fraction of the price..... but even more importantly... YOU and only YOU alone are responsible for what happens in your future.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Yes, we've all been there and done it, so because we know that the readers are mostly crap we don't use them ever again. People are still using the phone companies but whinging about them. Most of us are over 18 so quite capable of making our own decisions.

I've had lots of crap readings, I just don't use those psychics anymore. If you all know the readers are crap why go back for more? There are some vulnerable people about I realise. Vulnerable people are in danger of being ripped off for all sorts of sales items, not just readings.

Price of drinks in some bars charge double the price, isn't that being ripped off for someone with a drink problem? It is legal to be a psychic reader on the phone, they're not drug dealers.
06-04-2015, 10:16 PM
(06-04-2015 10:04 PM)gaby99 Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 10:00 PM)Alesha Wrote:  Yes, we've all been there and done it, so because we know that the readers are mostly crap we don't use them ever again. People are still using the phone companies but whinging about them. Most of us are over 18 so quite capable of making our own decisions.

I've had lots of crap readings, I just don't use those psychics anymore. If you all know the readers are crap why go back for more? There are some vulnerable people about I realise. Vulnerable people are in danger of being ripped off for all sorts of sales items, not just readings.

Price of drinks in some bars charge double the price, isn't that being ripped off for someone with a drink problem? It is legal to be a psychic reader on the phone, they're not drug dealers.

That's not the point. Yes readers exist. They can be used or not. just like insurance companies exist and they can be used or not. If someone is not happy with the service they can either stop using the reader or they can stop using the reader and sue them.
It's an option.

But looking at this realistically, how can a reader from the phone companies be sued when they're covered with the disclaimer? Even private readers never guarantee the outcome of a reading!

I'm not sticking up for them I'm just being realistic. You either use em or you don't.
06-04-2015, 10:42 PM
(06-04-2015 10:30 PM)gaby99 Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 10:16 PM)Alesha Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 10:04 PM)gaby99 Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 10:00 PM)Alesha Wrote:  Yes, we've all been there and done it, so because we know that the readers are mostly crap we don't use them ever again. People are still using the phone companies but whinging about them. Most of us are over 18 so quite capable of making our own decisions.

That's not the point. Yes readers exist. They can be used or not. just like insurance companies exist and they can be used or not. If someone is not happy with the service they can either stop using the reader or they can stop using the reader and sue them.
It's an option.

But looking at this realistically, how can a reader from the phone companies be sued when they're covered with the disclaimer? Even private readers never guarantee the outcome of a reading!

I'm not sticking up for them I'm just being realistic. You either use em or you don't.

I know what you are saying and it's only a few weeks ago after hearing some horror stories that my mind has really changed. You can see it from the posts I write. They seem to be more pushy. I don't really know why. So I was thinking this. Yes they have the disclaimer but then again there are individual readers who have all these great testimonials which could be considered as real. A user could read them and think that they will get the same service, a truthful informative reading. If it's not the case they have the option to get their money back with damages.
Of course i'm not talking about the odd reading but if you are lead to believe stuff for a long time by the same people there are ways to make this stand up in court.
There have been case where legislation has been available so why not.

You are more than likely right in the assumption that negative testimonials aren't put on the readers profiles, only the positives. Most people will write the feedback just after they've had the reading. Again, if the positive testimonials are genuine, then they have a right to be put on the readers profile.

If the companies concerned choose not to print negative feedback that's up to the company. I'm not saying this is right, but it's sales and hard selling. At the end of the day the companies are covered legally from every angle.
06-04-2015, 10:50 PM
I personally think it is just as wrong to sue someone for your own poor choices as it is to give a crap reading..... sorry but that's how I personally see it.

There are vulnerable people in all walks of life..... are you suggesting we lock all vulnerable people away so that they can't make poor choices of judgement? Because that is exactly what we would need to do to stop vulnerable people making bad choices because of the situations going on in their life. ALL phone lines have for entertainment only on them... and when readers got it wrong, people went back to those readers, and back... and back again.... and to many others... possibly every phone line going, asking the same question, and expecting the same response.. not always listening when a reader did say nope not going to happen. If a reader had suggested counselling would anyone have gone.. ooooh yeah actually that would be better because then I could break my obsession with the root of why I am phoning??? Of course no one would have

No one forces anyone to have a phone reading, or any form of reading, or go to a medium show... there is simply no force involved..... the idea of force means that someone has physically made someone do something against their will.... and that isn't the case is it?

Not everyone who uses psychics get stuck in this cycle of having excessive readings... this counts for a small minority of over all users... not everyone who sees a medium show is disappointed in the content.....a lot of people have good readings both off the phone lines and on them.... a lot of people have bad readings in both scenarios.

As science has not proven the ability of any form of psychic phenomenon, it all comes down to personal belief..... and most people who read genuinely believe in what they do.... and people who have readers are either believers, or people who are curious about readings...People who go to the medium shows are usually believers... most of them leave the shows still believers, even if they didn't get a message... They are often a good night out, whether you are seeing a big named medium or a lesser known medium....

A lot of people feel really helped after a reading, either mediumship, tarot, or some other form of reading...... look at this forum then go and look at a lot of other forums relating to psychic stuff... look at how and why so many people get a lot from their readings while some others feel they got nothing? But to keep going on about suing god knows who simply because we live in this culture of we can sue anyone for our own choices is just something that is really quite concerning to be honest
06-04-2015, 11:29 PM
As mentioned previously we are all aware that there are many readers out there that have no psychic ability, and in my opinion knowingly mislead clients, which can be a dangerous game to play, especially when the client is vunerable.
Having said that, I also believe there are some genuine readers out there.
I like many others no doubt have experienced disappointed when predictions dont pan out, but at the same time always knew it was never guaranteed, so have learned from that, and at no point blamed a psychic for this.
l also think the suggestion of suing psychics is taking it to the limit.
07-04-2015, 12:10 AM
I understand the point you are making Gabby, and believe the reviews can be misleading, as most companies only post the positive for obvious reasons, but still think it is highly unlikely that they could be sued.
I have sent negative feedback on ps on more that one occasion only to find that they did not post it, but of course are quick enough to post my good feedback.
The only site I know that post all feedback from clients is the Circle.
07-04-2015, 01:21 AM
Just a clarification of the term healer in the 'spiritual' idea of it..... it does not mean cure for all... there are many alternative healing systems, all aided at healing at an emotional and energy level..... sadly because of people themselves those out there who train hard, who work hard to be able to offer holistic therapies to many people who BELIEVE in it and WANT it.....are ending up being penalised.

People are their own worst enemies at times...... if you don't believe in alternative styles of healing.. then it is very simple, don't have it..... if it hasn't worked for you, don't have it again.... if you have had thousands of readings in a short space of time and none of it has transpired, save your money and don't have any more... if you don't like phone lines don't use them.. if you don't believe in psychic ability then fair play to you everyone has the right to their own beliefs...... at the end of the day, all of this negativity is doing no one any good...... life really is quite simple when you think about it... only do the things you want to in life, take personal responsibility for bad choices and mistakes, and understand the world is full of many different people, with many different beliefs... just because something hasn't worked for you, or you have personally had bad experiences doesn't mean that everyone has.......

But you know what, there are many MANY people in this world who do believe.... there are many people who have been helped by both alternative forms of therapies or ALTERNATIVE HEALING and readings.. many people who have managed to resolve past issues, move on from horrific past experiences, have been helped with pain management.. gaining confidence, self esteem....

When you focus on the negative, all anyone will attract is more negative, which is how and why people get trapped in such negative unhealthy cycles....

Life is far too short to spend so much time planning which psychic or alternative healer to attempt to slap with a law suit next....
07-04-2015, 07:14 AM
I think this whole vengeance against psychics has got to the point of being petty and ridiculous. Why indeed waste your time and energy going on about readings that haven't come true? We are surely old enough and sensible enough to realise that readings can't be guaranteed to come true? To believe they will is just childishness.

And as for suing a psychic! I can't believe how anybody would even go to those extremes. I work as a personnel manager at ASDA. There are no end of people trying to claim compensation for scilly little things that in some cases have been self-inflicted. The problem with our society today is that many people are wanting a free ride and as the law stands now what people are trying to claim damages for is ridiculous.

If you don't like psychics then for gods same quit using the phone lines. There's temptation everywhere for everything. There's been so much negativity on this forum recently by people with a grudge against psychic. Why not move on from readings if they are upsetting people like this? What's the point of holding grudges, it won't move your lives forward.

I personally have little faith in tarot cards. I don't believe in them although I have cards myself, I just use them for fun. I also think the companies and the readers do maybe keep personal notes on clients, and they do cover themselves by saying "no connection" with a client or people have freewill. Use readings if you must for fun only, not to make major life decisions.
07-04-2015, 08:11 AM
I understand what your saying Gaby. You can go to watchdog or the office of fair trading. Psychic readings are sales covered by the entertainments only disclaimer, the office of fair trading are unable to do anything whilst they're covered. They are quite entitled to hold notes also. There's not much they can do if you voluntarily pay for a reading regardless if the reader tells you something that doesn't come true, which in most cases this is so.

Anything voluntarily for a set price you do at your own choice. If a clairvoyant charges £50 for a private reading and they carry that out then they've provided the service. Yes, if a medium is extorting money from a client continually then that's a different matter and can be investigated. It comes under obtaining money under fraud and deception.

But choosing yourselves to continue having readings where you end up feeling exploited, hard as it is, there's not a lot you can do about it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink Psychic readings from Sally Morgan website Just saying 0 968 28-01-2018 11:50 AM
Last Post: Just saying
  Lovely Sally psychickev 3 546 21-11-2017 02:00 AM
Last Post: Shining Star
  Daily Mail payout to Sally Morgan over psychic 'scam' article drstrange 31 5,985 08-07-2013 09:51 PM
Last Post: chrisw316
  Trial date set for TV pyschic Sally Morgan's libel case against Daily Mail drstrange 1 2,318 10-12-2012 04:50 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden
  Psychic Sally mecheeta 23 12,530 26-09-2011 06:29 PM
Last Post: Brightside
  Psychic Sally speaks to Jade Goody Psychicfamily 1 1,666 03-04-2011 11:05 AM
Last Post: Brightside