Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
well i saw her face now i'm a believer
26-04-2015, 09:54 AM
well i saw her face now i'm a believer
The vast majority of people who have readings believe because the alternative is to accept a reality of a situation that overcomes many people. What is presented to the vast number of people is hope, almost everyone who gets a reading about a broken relationship is told it will come back, yet according to relate over 80 percent of break ups stay just that way, so either our old friend 'spirit' is getting confused or the vast increase in psychics has lead to most of the information you get to be clutched out of thin air. If I was to be paid to say nice things and get nothing for saying negative things then economics tells me this saying nice things is my money maker.

If the psychics are correct and not relate then I would expect numerous posts on here to talk about how their broken relationship is now fixed. We do not get them but simply it is due in 5 months, 3 readings a week costing 150 a week x 5 means the psychic can get another 750 before putting your time frames back even further.

Throughout history people have been duped, a sect of the Benedictine Monks during the Tudor Dynasty claimed they had a statue of Mary Magdalene that cried only when facing the crucifix in the monastery, believers flocked paying a shilling to see this and this statue did cry only when facing the crucifix. When Henry the V!!! cracked down on the catholic religion in the 1500's they realised this miracle was being controlled by a monk and Mary was in fact attached to a hidden fountain, believers have been getting duped for many years, ripping people off in the name of 'spirituality' is not a new phenomenon.

There have been countless new cars, homes and holidays that have been purchased in the Phoney psychic industry on the back of people's suffering. Now that they are mostly exposed the next step is always to move the goal posts, well actually it is not about predictions but more to do with empowerment, If you wanted empowerment there are millions of books that can do this for you at a fraction of the cost.

I myself am not bitter, my story ended some time ago, but i had all the identical promises that you got, i had them all saying the same (notes are very useful) but in reality nothing happened. Accept life as a reality, consider time to be your predictor and close the door on an industry that is set up to do one thing only, make a profit

Love and Light a binary opposition if ever I saw one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: well i saw her face now i'm a believer
I do agree with a lot of what yourexiscomingback is saying. There are definitely many of psychics who tell you what you want to hear and may string you along. It may be for money, they may feel pushed into it, or they may think they are cheering you up.

However, I wonder how many forum members are here as a sort of support group and to speak to others in their same situation. Just a thought that if a life changing prediction came in and their ex did come back, they met the One, came into a lot of money, found a new job or moved home they may not feel the need to post this as they are now more busy, happy and distracted and perhaps no longer lonely. It would not be a priority of theirs to let the forum know. They would probably forget it entirely, especially members who post infrequently or just over a very short time. If I had readings where the predictions all came in I don't believe I would ever have looked at this forum.

I am playing Devil's Advocate. There is just a chance that the members on this forum don't represent the majority of people who consult psychics? Many of the members here consult psychics a great deal and are desperately looking for different answers to those they already know but don't have the strength to take control and face up to. Sadly readings can give false hope and if the predictions fail to materialise...we call again.

It is also a strange phenomenon that often when predictions (big or small) do come through it doesn't really dawn on people for quite some time, if ever, due to being caught up in their new circumstances. Especially if the reading was some time in the past. I know this has happened to me.

Cobweb
26-04-2015, 02:23 PM
yes this forum does represent a small number of people who have readings. but i might expect one person on here to say yes it happened, we rarely get that. If you read testimonials on psychic sites and they are checked to ensure they are positive, i never read one that said hey they are back, but lot of cheered up individuals being told a fantasy, the evidence sadly is overwhelming.
26-04-2015, 02:39 PM
I also think that a criticism leveled at people here is oh you call yourself spiritual, i guess many on here are not in the least bit spiritual, i guess they predicted he would come into your life and he did, perhaps not in the way you expected, but the phoney psychics are the ones who keep you hanging on.
26-04-2015, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 03:13 PM by Icemaiden2.)
I guess the reality of this is, the regular posters on this forum who have got themselves into some dependency cycle when it comes to readings do not represent the majority of people who use readers, or who have psychic readings... and it is only a minority who over use readings.. the majority of people do not phone daily, several times a day etc etc for the same reason, for the one big prediction, or seek out readers who will spin them the fantasy and ignore readers who go no it's not happening.

Phonelines are not spiritual places, they are a business, set up solely to make money. The regular posters on here claim they prey on the vulnerable.. well they don't, not really... people from all walks of life use them, not just people who want an ex back.. no one is forced to use them, they do not harass people to use them.... people make their own choice to pick up the phone and pay the money.

I used to watch PTV when I was working from home... would have it on in the back ground.... I sent in a couple of texts, but other than that, I wouldn't waste 40 quid on a reading, from someone who may just be doing it for pin money and not because they have developed their ability, or developed the ability to read tarot cards... and this is where personal choice comes into play.... I know full well psychics don't have all the answers, if they did their lives would be perfect .. I don't want to sit there waiting for that one thing to happen, when I know full well that if something is not meant to be, I can't make it happen by having readings and holding onto a readers interpretation of information they are getting.

If I have some spare money I might treat myself to a reading from psychic sofa because they are cheap..... I don't mind losing 16 quid if the reading is shite.... I have had some really good ones that have been really accurate, I have had some piss poor ones that have been all but useless.... I have had a fair amount of things come to pass from readings, but I don't sit around waiting for it all to happen, or hold out for that one thing, the one big prediction.... what's the point... if something hasn't worked out with someone, the chances are it is over, done with and gone..... my mr right is out there.... but I won't find him by having endless readings...

People speak of the whole phoney industry, but there is so much more to the psychic world than just phone lines. The whole industry cannot be judged because a small minority over used readings.... and I don't mean that disrespectfully, but the people on here do not represent everyone who uses phone lines, or who has readings.... and a whole industry can't be judged on phone lines... who have simply tapped into a fraction of the industry
26-04-2015, 05:56 PM
I don't believe the intention is to debunk the many facets of spirituality, indeed there are some very genuine readers out there as well,however the phone line industry does prey on people's insecurities, and having moments of insecurity is a human condition that affects us all at some time, if an industry, or as you say part of an industry, claims that they can tell you what will happen, well they deserve to be held to account when it later transpires that they cannot. My thread is not a debunking of the whole industry but of a small part.
26-04-2015, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 10:21 PM by Icemaiden2.)
Do all phone lines make the claim that they have all the answers? And also do phonelines really prey on peoples insecurities? To prey on someone is to basically manipulate them to do something.. to chase them, to follow.... phone lines are simply there... it is up to the person if they call them and when they call them....

You are right, insecurities happen to everyone... it is part of life... however, phone lines do not prey on them.... they have no way of actually controlling how much people use them.... and to be fair, nor should they be expected to control the usage of grown adults... they are a business, that is there to sell readings.... I mean I get phone calls for double glazing and all kinds of stuff several times a week.... they are pushy sales people, I choose not to have double glazing because I don't need it..... that is my choice... phone lines do not phone anyone to get them to have a reading, the people phone the lines.... and it clearly states that readings on those lines are for entertainment only....readings are not law, they are not cast in stone... and you have no idea what kind of reader is on the other end of the line.

There is no hard sell from the lines... PTV has a tv station and yes like the shopping channel, it encourages you to spend money... but here's the big key to all this... people don't have to. I get down at times, retail therapy always makes me feel better.... I don't blame ebay for me spending a stupid amount of money on stuff I don't really need simply because I was having a down day and wanted to make myself feel better. I can't blame them when I over spend, because it is my choice, and I have to live with the consequences....

We are all adults, we all have choices.... and sometimes the choices we make are costly and have consequences...and sometimes we make bad choices when we are at our lowest... and I have made some god awful ones in recent weeks, not because i am low, but because I have stuff going on..... there are many things I could blame for those choices, but ultimately they are my choices and only i am to blame for them
27-04-2015, 03:39 PM
I have to say that's a bug bear of mine.... if I choose a reader because they are a psychic medium... I don't expect a bog standard tarot card reading with little to no psychic input...... And if I want a tarot reading and then get someone attempting to read without them, and doing it quite poorly I also get a bit peed off lol
27-04-2015, 10:08 PM
(27-04-2015 08:28 AM)miserable11 Wrote:  One thing about phone lines that really annoys me is the profiles are not always correct. I have read a profile of someone that clearly states psychic/medium clairvoyant. Then you phone them up and they read tarot. I hate tarot, actually that is not fair. I don't think Tarot Readers can be that accurate. I have only ever known one really good one and she reads for Elizabeth Rose, she has been fairly accurate - but hey she has been wrong about my big prediction so she aint that good.

Would the reader have been Sarah? She made some very accurate predictions for me with specific dates. I was quite amazed. Other stuff Im sure came in also, there were a few missed but to be honest I never kept notes to reflect back on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Face to Face Readers Green Velvet 28 2,418 31-03-2016 11:01 PM
Last Post: Carr987
  Face to face readers rather than phone recomendations jaks111 0 337 31-08-2015 03:01 PM
Last Post: jaks111
  Face to Face readers Ad1707 17 2,688 04-12-2014 10:58 PM
Last Post: Cruelladeville
  Paris squatters 'face off' with President Sarkozy tanqing369 0 605 08-01-2011 10:24 AM
Last Post: tanqing369