Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Respect one another
16-08-2015, 10:01 AM
Respect one another
Recently there has been much conflict on this forum, Please, it is important to know how to deal with this in a sensibly calm manner.

Trolls aren’t exactly a new phenomenon on the internet – they’ve been lingering around trying to cause trouble for years. If that’s the case, then why have trolls become such a hot-topic lately? It’s pretty simple – with more people using the internet, there’s a higher percentage of people who having nothing better to do than harass people and disrupt forums and blogs.

Some people think trolls aren’t a big deal and that people are being too sensitive, but the truth is trolls are at best a pesky nuisance, and at worst very nasty and border on what could be considered assault. Particularly for brands, trolls need to be dealt with swiftly. A troll’s comments can give you a bad reputation and deter visitors from your social media pages or blogs.

What’s the main purpose of a troll? It’s to make people angry or to disrupt the conversation just for kicks. They want your attention. They want to start an argument. Don’t give it to them. Arguing with a troll is like yelling at a wall. It will get you no where. It’s pointless getting angry because some kid or anti-social person said something mean on the internet. Sinking to their level is just feeding the troll. Take a deep breath, walk away, and don’t waste your time getting into an online fight.

Chances are that your blog or forum is open. Which is great until it becomes a breeding ground for trolls. Without a moderator to monitor for trolls, you can be certain your site will get trashed eventually. The best way to defeat a troll. Remember – a troll wants attention. If no one pays attention to their nonsense, eventually they’ll disappear. If that requires too much discipline, utilize either the ignore button on your keyboard (if you have it) or find the ignore function on the site that you’re frequenting.

I don’t waste time getting into an online fight. Some people think trolls aren’t a big deal and that people are being too sensitive, but the truth is trolls are at best a pesky nuisance, and at worst very nasty and border on what could be considered assault. Particularly for brands, trolls need to be dealt with swiftly. A troll’s comments can give you a bad reputation and deter visitors from your social media pages or blogs. Don’t Sink to Their Level

Unveil Their Identity, what they give out give them back.

It’s easy for people to be gutsy when their identity is hidden. If you do some digging, you can probably find out who the troll really is. This doesn’t mean waging war on the person. What it does mean that without anonymity, they may be a little more hesitant to troll your forum or blog.

CyberBullying Laws in UK: The Challenges Facing Policymakers in creating cyber bully laws

Despite these laws, several problems remain. First, how should lawmakers define Cyber bullying and cyber stalking? Also, if charges are pressed, does this violate the bully’s freedom of speech?

“In an attempt to protect people, we risk curbing their right to be offensive, inane, or downright ridiculous.” says Emily Jupp in a relevant -rather sarcastic- article published in The Daily Mail. “Even more worrying is Section 127 of the Communications Act, which suggests if you re-share or retweet something that breaks the law, you commit the same offence. As far as I know, this hasn’t been enforced yet, but it’s potentially very scary”, she says.

To further explore the challenges, there are real issues in policing online offences when they are committed by those in other countries (in other words, victims are protected if their “attacker” is in the UK, but unprotected if not) which in itself has sparked a debate as to whether Twitter, Facebook or other media sites should bear some form of criminal responsibility themselves for allowing their sites to be used in the commission of these offences..

n a statement made regarding the court order, published in The Guardian, Facebook said, “There is no place for harassment on Facebook, but unfortunately a small minority of malicious individuals exist online, just as they do offline. We respect our legal obligations and work with law enforcement to ensure that such people are brought to justice.”

Finally, while a growing body of evidence is emerging that identifies peer-to-peer bullying as an increasing component of our young people’s daily experience in cyberspace, the legal system has sent clear messages to young people that criminal acts of bullying will be not be tolerated. However, it is not good social policy to wait until bullying reaches such acute levels before we intervene. For every bully who is punished before the court, many more will succeed in tormenting their target if we fail to engage sufficiently with the problem at a grass-root level.

The Cyberbullying Protection Law made it a crime to harass, stalk and bully another person, over the internet. Other pieces of internet bullying law soon followed. More than one internet bullying law was drafted and enacted in every state of the union. Federal legislation was also enacted to protect internet users from being stalked and harassed. A special internet bullying law was passed that was designed to specifically protect minors. Each state was responsible for drafting, approving and enforcing their own versions of this internet bullying law.

In October, 2014, Justice Secretary Chris Grayling said that Internet trolls and cyber bullies might face up to two years in jail under new laws protecting users against cyber threats, cyber bullying, internet trolling and cyber blackmail. This came after the case of TV presenter Chloe Madeley who suffered from a long damaging wave of cyber bullying and online abuse for defending her mother’s opinion on Twitter.

Grayling said “These internet trolls are cowards who are poisoning our national life.” Adding, “No one would permit such venom in person, so there should be no place for it on social media. That is why we are determined to quadruple the current six-month sentence.”

Psychics, skeptics who delibrately disrupt or just general troublemakers please take notice of this copy and paste straight from the net.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2015, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2015 05:39 AM by Mathew Hopkins.)
RE: Respect one another
Post Moved
16-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Thank you for your post Mathew. I am off to a BBQ this afternoon. Hope you have a good day.
16-08-2015, 11:57 AM
I have experienced bullying from both Icemaiden and Yourexiscomingbackhonest, I was told by this undercover psychic Narcissistic Bully Icemaiden, to crawl under my stone and never come back and was described as an idiot who only uses 1 part of my brain.

The goal of Icemaiden, Yourex, Star111, and other bullies on here, is to gain power over another person, and make himself / herself the dominant adult. They try to humiliate victims, and show them who is boss.

I agree with you MH, it is the time to stand up to bullies and stop bullying, what is sad in all this is the fact that all the members who voice their concern about Icemaiden and her minions been driven away by a certain group of people- us, all these members did not raise their voice when one member after another was attacked by IM & Yourex and driven away from this forum.

Now when the victims are fighting back, now you all are concerned and disapprove? What does it tells about you as humans and so called ‘spiritual light workers’???

[b]Narcissistic Bully: This type of adult bully is self-cantered and does not share empathy with others. Additionally, there is little anxiety about consequences. He or she seems to feel good about him or herself, but in reality has a brittle narcissism that requires putting others down.[/b]

This Narcissistic Bully aka Icemaiden has told people they are stupid because they have put themselves into debts by phoning psychic lines.

The same Narcissistic Bully has shown non sympathy towards members including myself who were ripped of by Tim Dehaney , I have lost £3000 to relationship healing with TD, he has promised a certain outcome and have stated his success rate is 98%. It was false advertising and non of us ( 10 ladies as far as I know) have got the promised outcome.

This Narcissistic Bully kept attacking members who shared their experiences with others to prevent other ladies get hurt and ripped off.
16-08-2015, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2015 12:18 PM by Mathew Hopkins.)
As if no one has guessed, icemaiden2 is actually amber gems. She believes in superstitious nonsense (aka so-called psychic ability). She is a horrible and nasty little troll. She bullies people, including the dyslexic. She needs to go and troll some other forum - not ours. If you want to believe in your psychic nonsense, you are free to do so but please, icemaiden2, do not peddle it on this forum.

You are now on ignore.

You will not be responded to any more. We do not need your kind on our forum.

I would advise others to ignore this nasty, little troll. It craves attention. Please refrain from giving it any.

Have a nice day.
16-08-2015, 04:37 PM
(16-08-2015 10:47 AM)Amber Gems Wrote:  Thank you for your post Mathew. I am off to a BBQ this afternoon. Hope you have a good day.

Good to see you posting again Amber.I especially enjoyed one of your previous posts on playing card divination. Hope you enjoy your barbeque Tongue
16-08-2015, 07:37 PM
(16-08-2015 04:37 PM)Heavenly Rose Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 10:47 AM)Amber Gems Wrote:  Thank you for your post Mathew. I am off to a BBQ this afternoon. Hope you have a good day.

Good to see you posting again Amber.I especially enjoyed one of your previous posts on playing card divination. Hope you enjoy your barbeque Tongue

Thank you. I had a good afternoon, fortunately it was a lovely day.. I'm glad that you found some interest in my previous post on reading with playing cards. You can have a lot of fun just messing about with them. A good read for a beginner is -- " Fortune Telling with Ordinary Cards" by Richard Webster, available from Amazon priced at roughly 9 pounds or probably a used one for much cheaper. xx
16-08-2015, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2015 09:47 PM by Yogabunny.)
Glad you had a lovely BBQ Amber Gems.. I like my playing cards for readings..have some that belonged to my late dad as a child, I played with them as a child and they are cards I use for reading the playing cards now..love them they are very special. Dont use them often as you can imagine they are fragile now. I must go look for your other post. Good night all!
16-08-2015, 10:53 PM
i have some very unusual Russian playing cards with unusual prints on them. i love reading with these cards. i haven't seen your posts amber as i'm relatively new on here, i will look for your post. i also love the old fashioned reading by tea leaves as well, just for fun. Goodnight to everyone from me to.
17-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Once upon a time on a forum far, far away lived two ugly little sisters and their ugly little brother .....