Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fate and Destiny
09-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Fate and Destiny
Do you believe in fate?

Do you have any stories?.

I was told a story the other day from my friend.
She was married for years to get ex husband. They had two children.
He went off with another woman and she was heartbroken.

Fast forward a few months and she met her now husband and they are very very happy.
Through friends of friends it turns out that this guy lived in her area as a toddler.
There were two young girls who used to babysit and take babies for walks in their buggies and walk for ages.
One girl looked after my friend and the other, it turns out, looked after her husband.

So all those years ago these two babies were pushed along side by side and years later are now married.
Maybe it's coincidence but I like to think of it as destiny. Paths crossing. They were meant to be.

Any thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2015, 08:15 PM
RE: Fate and Destiny
First, if there's a distinction between destiny and fate, I don't know what it is. A failing that doesn't trouble me much because I don't believe either of the two exist. If they did, everybody could simply sit around doing nothing until destiny came along and dragged them off. When I hear people say that so-n-so's success came about because it was his destiny I cringe. His/her success came about as a result of hard work and intelligence. As far as disorders being fate, I don't believe that either. They're very real handicaps to be overcome, but they are not insurmountable, and there are productive things you can do.

There is, of course, a more prosaic explanation for curious coincidence: birds are very common, and simply by random chance a flock will appear near people who are soon to die — just as they appear daily around millions of people who are not soon to die. The appearance of synchronicity is the result of a well-known psychological phenomenon called confirmation bias (sometimes described as remembering the hits and forgetting the misses); we much more easily notice and remember things that confirm our beliefs than those that do not. The human brain is very good at making connections and seeing designs in ambiguous stimuli and random patterns.
09-09-2015, 09:11 PM
RE: Fate and Destiny
I believe in fate....

My mum phoned me up the other day and has offered to set me up in business making shabby chic furniture... just getting me the basic start up stuff to get me going..... I was hmmmmm when she offered... I have been helping my friend out in his shop, and five minutes after my mum phoned, a lady came in to the junk shop, and was talking about how lovely she could make furniture doing shabby chic.. and I fell into helping by accident.. only went to clean for him and have helped out since then.. and am loving it...

For me it was fate, it led me on the path to something that I know I will be good at.... and then my mum offered to replace all of my jewellery making stuff that was stolen to get me back doing the work I love.... and this was in the wake of a huge financial crisis... where I was thinking oh my god what do I do now...

Sometimes I think everything has to fall apart in order for better things to come together... and fate will often step in and lead us to where we need to be... it can't make us do something, but it can swipe it's hand and help us with the stepping stones...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Give them credit Psychics saved me from a terrible fate iamacolincookfan 2 628 20-03-2014 09:07 PM
Last Post: iamacolincookfan