Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cold Turkey
28-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Cold Turkey
I'm coming to terms with the fact that I've become far too reliant on telephone psychics. Just typing it out makes me realise how ridiculous it sounds. I've tried some of the best on The Circle and Psychic Sofa and little has come true. Ok some predictions are still pending so we will see, but on the whole it's been a poor show. So why do we do it? I'm an intelligent (apparently), successful, independent woman who relies on strangers who read cards and talk to my dead relatives to tell me what to do next. I don't want to reconnect with an ex (frankly if he or she is gone then it's over) but I don't want to know that things will be ok. Any pearls of wisdom?
L
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: Cold Turkey
Life would move in exactly the same direction whether you had a reading or not. The future is a pretty scary idea for many people and just getting a little preparation for it can make people feel better. However you only need to read on here to understand that psychics are not the answer. The future bo matter what it holds will unfold as it was meant to and often psychics and their fairytales offer us no real idea of what is to come. Trust your own ability to deal with lifes issues as and when they come along and believe you don't need a psychic to help you walk along your chosen path.
28-09-2015, 11:41 PM
Completely agree with legalaction. Having a reading or not doesn't change anything. The only reason why people go for readings is for reassurance and most of the time they get the opposite effect. Surely they get on a high for the first few minutes after the reading and then back to reality.
Since I don't have reading anymore my mind is much clearer and I can confirm that I'm going to the same direction.
Good luck
29-09-2015, 09:27 AM
The turning point for me was looking at how much I was spending, I realised that for £30 I'd get one or two good bits of information. The rest was usually just fluff.

Another point was working out who was genuine and who wasn't. This was a long process, hanging on for months turning into years for certain predictions to happen.
I use two readers now; and have to say, they are the best ive found, but still only small parts of the readings are completely relevant and come true.
One of the readers I use, kind of follows on, so I find I could ring every month or so quite easily. The second one is more of a one question and I get a full answer so I don't need to be asking again, I just wait and see what happens.
29-09-2015, 09:44 AM
Which readers do you use Star? Thank you
29-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Now we all want to know who you use Star? Not that I am going to use them of course - just out of interest Wink
29-09-2015, 11:02 AM
i am also addicted to psychics - i use them to relieve the emotional pain an mainly fear i have over making the wrong decision (when it comes a man that i am currently in relationship with).Fear is my driving force an i have spent way too much money on them. i've had so many disappointments and abandonments in my life that i need to believe that some good things are going to last in my life an i want to avoid more hurtful ones.....so pyschics help me in that way, i dont have any advice as i am in the same pickle that you are, but I can offer sympathy. Star i would like to know the name of the readers you use to ?
29-09-2015, 11:06 AM
I don't want to be accused of bein someone im not, or leave the names subject to the pack of wolves which are on this site, so I'll pm you the names x
02-10-2015, 04:06 PM
I had reassuring feedback from a reputable psychic (She doesn't work for phone lines) who clearly stated she would not give a reading if a client has had one in the last couple of months. She also explained that the constant need to have readings and gain that reassurance is showing lack of faith which is why predictions never happen. This got me thinking..... We have all read those stories about a person who went to a psychic and then everything unfolded as the psychic said (and the rest of us trip over ourselves to find out who that psychic is!). Perhaps because that person didn't have a reading and then follow it up with countless other readings in a short space of time. That person had the reading, probably forgot all about it and then went on with their life and guess what? Life happened.
02-10-2015, 05:23 PM
I think you're dead right there LuLu. Just think in years gone by when psychics were few and far between. You had to wait a while to get to see them and didn't bother going again for another few years. Maybe it was a combination of a real gift (which clearly lacks on the phone lines) but also the sheer fact that the reading was what it was. A one off insight, food for thought...but you didn't hang on every word and every time you felt a wobble there wasn't the convenience of ringing up another reader.

I've spoken to far too many but I have not had a reading now for a fair few weeks. I look on the websites for updates on feedback but I'm not tempted to ring up. I was also told to have faith and that more positive energies and letting go bring positive results.

Psychics aside how many occasions in life have things happened when you finally gave up hope? When you finally accept defeat? When you least expect it?