Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should mediums and astrologers be banned from charging fees?
26-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Should mediums and astrologers be banned from charging fees?
Susanna Reid and guests debate questions including: Are politicians morally bankrupt? Should mediums and astrologers be banned from charging fees?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01...Episode_5/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2011, 11:23 AM
RE: Should mediums and astrologers be banned from charging fees?
(26-07-2011 10:39 AM)psychicdoglover Wrote:  Susanna Reid and guests debate questions including: Are politicians morally bankrupt? Should mediums and astrologers be banned from charging fees?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01...Episode_5/

??? Do you work for free? If it's there job then they should be paid! It's a privilege not a right to have a psychic reading! There are those that charge very little, or donate the fee to charity which is commendable. Sometimes they do work for free - but to it just seems a bizarre question to ask that because someone has a 'gift' that it should be something given away for nothing!

Along with you and I, they have bills etc!

The only kind of limitation that could be given is a cap on what they can charge? Some reading prices are ridiculous!
27-07-2011, 06:14 AM
a facebook group has been set up tto complain to the bbc

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=177699605628457

The Sunday Morning Live show on BBC1 had a debate in which they suggested that mediums should be banned from charging for their services. There were no mediums present in the studio during the whole debate, they were only questioned via a video link. I think this was a biased debate and the BBC should apologise for using the word "medium" as an umbrella word for fortune tellers, astrologers and alternative medicine practitioners.

You can view the programme here for the next few days:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplay​er/episode/b0...pi​sode_5/

PLEASE, PLEASE COMPLAIN to the BBC, thank you. Smile http://www.bbc.co.uk/compl​aints/

Call the BBC on 03700 100 222 -- Option 1 then Option 3 to complain.
You can also contact OFCOM (during office hours) on 0300 123 3333 or 020 7981 3040. But they recommend contacting the BBC in the first instance.
27-07-2011, 07:46 AM
I watched the show too and it was totally biased. The guests had no idea what the role of a medium was and what they did. Many mediums have sat many training courses, have spent many years improving their skills.

One of the guests was a psychologist and we all know psychologist charge very high fees for a consultation? mmmm maybe these too should come under scrutiny too, there services are very much open to interpretation too!! I have met a few people in my life where there has been some poor practices.
Then the blonde guest well she was going on about encouraging people to put their feet on some stones and sniff all sorts of stuff? god knows where she got that from and certainly not mediumship.

sooo who are these people to judge what we do when they know nothing about what we do. The mind boggles.

What an uniformed and bigoted show that's what I say. People like this need to check their facts first before judging others.

However I am a medium and I do charge a moderate charge for my services. But I do also guarantee my readings and if people who receive a reading from me are not entirely satisfied I do not charge or offer a refund.

Yes there are many good practices and bad practices in all areas of work not just in mediumship you only have to look at the health care industry for this, even in the police? so mediumship is not unique to poor practice.

But I do believe in regulating the profession and protecting the vulnerable too from these unsavory people as best we can.

I am proud to be a medium and the work I do. So you bigoted people out there, be sure you know what you are on about because us mediums will not stand down to you.
27-07-2011, 09:31 AM
(27-07-2011 06:14 AM)mecheeta Wrote:  a facebook group has been set up tto complain to the bbc

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=177699605628457

The Sunday Morning Live show on BBC1 had a debate in which they suggested that mediums should be banned from charging for their services. There were no mediums present in the studio during the whole debate, they were only questioned via a video link. I think this was a biased debate and the BBC should apologise for using the word "medium" as an umbrella word for fortune tellers, astrologers and alternative medicine practitioners.

You can view the programme here for the next few days:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplay​er/episode/b0...pi​sode_5/

PLEASE, PLEASE COMPLAIN to the BBC, thank you. Smile http://www.bbc.co.uk/compl​aints/

Call the BBC on 03700 100 222 -- Option 1 then Option 3 to complain.
You can also contact OFCOM (during office hours) on 0300 123 3333 or 020 7981 3040. But they recommend contacting the BBC in the first instance.

You're not kidding Meecheeta, that must have been a biased debate. I can't stand it when people do that kind of thing. Mediums do a lot for people and offer some valuable support during the greiving process too. It's important for people to be able to employ the services of a medium, and Eridanus is right... we don't work for free, so why should they!

How ridiculous
27-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the links and numbers guys, i will certainly be complaining about this to the BBC. They should be ashamed of that poor show!
27-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I think anyone who is skilled , gifted and working within guidelines of integrity should be paid if they are offering a service.
28-07-2011, 09:03 AM
THey couldn't possibly police this anyway!
02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
No, that's true Sammy. Besides, I can't see it ever coming to pass. Smile
16-08-2011, 10:14 AM
I can imahine an underground psychic netweok of psychics working againt the law. And theyd also knowe every move the police make! lolll

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gypsies v Psychic Mediums Carr987 11 612 26-07-2017 11:02 AM
Last Post: Green Velvet
  Tales from mediums and spiritualists of the afterlife have tricked some of the most f Mediums Now 0 382 22-12-2015 10:43 AM
Last Post: Mediums Now
  Why has pink pearl been banned? Sabbie 17 1,132 14-11-2015 01:45 PM
Last Post: pollypocket
Exclamation Mediums versus Tarot Cards Angela66 27 2,324 11-11-2015 10:35 AM
Last Post: janaan
  Why were Icemaiden and Iamacolincookfan banned? Muffins 11 2,433 10-08-2015 12:56 AM
Last Post: Icemaiden2
  Popsicle is banned again! Yey! Charmed 91 14,073 04-12-2014 02:13 PM
Last Post: Charmed
  is popsicle banned ? Emma13 28 3,307 04-11-2014 11:44 AM
Last Post: Emma13
  Colin Cook fan banned Snowqueen 6 1,113 10-10-2014 09:55 PM
Last Post: iamacolincookfan
  Mediums & Psychics.. Troubleshooter 14 2,264 20-12-2013 11:56 AM
Last Post: Hangingpants
  psychis/mediums/healers...haha punk316 4 1,110 09-09-2013 10:36 AM
Last Post: Troubleshooter