Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
James Randi
28-10-2016, 02:25 PM
James Randi
I must admit I found this very funny about James Randi:

I've copied and pasted the following from "SoulSpecio" on the net:

James Randi is this fella whose ego is all wrapped up in debunking people. He is offering a billion dollars to anyone that can prove certain things like telepathy, UFOs, Bigfoot, etc

Question is, why is this guy so intent on being a party pooper? If someone's life is so boring they need to convince themselves that gnomes are stealing their underwear, why would you stomp on their dreams? These people don't have much going for them and he just pisses all over them.

So is he an asshole? Should he mind his own business?

I say FUCK James Randi, self satisfied turd nugget.

This really made me smileBig Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: James Randi
The conditions outlined for the Randi challenge are so stringent the test itself is designed to ensure the participants failure. Others have expressed concerns over the rules governing what Randi and his minions can do with the information gathered during a testing situation, claiming it allows Randi to do whatever he wishes with any data collected... including publicly humiliate them. Many also bemoan the fact that Randi @ his team allegedly doesn’t allow attorneys to be involved in the negotiations before testing even occurs.

The whole challenge is a shambles..
28-10-2016, 09:30 PM
I believe Randi must have been brought up in a religious environment and wanted to prove no afterlife existed as he was afraid of the religious consequences (as believed by the church at the time) of his homosexuality
29-10-2016, 07:39 AM
James Randi isn’t a Scientist, he doesn’t even have a college education. He's just a sad Internet joke these days.
29-10-2016, 09:08 AM
I agree that his test is ridiculous and in no way related to proving psychic abilities
02-11-2016, 02:39 PM
John Taylor a professor who is now deceased was the subject of humiliation. He was duped by Uri Geller and into believing spoon bending was a genuine paranormal feat, but he later came to realise he had been duped and could not live it down.

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. [Image: animated-fish-jumping-out-of-water.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  James Hillman, Therapist in Men’s Movement, Dies at 85 mecheeta 0 1,129 30-10-2011 06:54 AM
Last Post: mecheeta