Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Reader Joylina - How embarrassing!
07-01-2011, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2011 11:36 PM by Blair.)
Reader Joylina - How embarrassing!
It was about 10.20 pm tonight when a libra ladt text into her and asked for a love reading.

She asked for info, and text just like this ( wen n who) the 'n' meaning 'AND'.

Now Joylina went onto say that 'N' was very much interested in her etc...

Now, I really felt sorry for that person that sent in a text, as Joylina had read the text in the wrong way, but yet couldn't 'pick up' on what the text was all about.

So, to everyone, did you see this? What are your thoughts on this?

How does this make you feel?

I'm not impressed, as I'm sure that person was looking for some positive information that would have made sense to her.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2011, 11:08 AM
RE: Reader Joylina - How embarrassing!
Yes, I was watching last night ~ it was a shame as the evening had been very good to watch for a change, with not too many "mutes" and interesting chats on the desk.
I must admit I cringed when she was reading it out and misunderstood it ~ it must be difficult for them to "tune in" to a text as they have to be so quick {only 60 seconds a text as Debbie always says} ~ who knows, maybe the lady has someone coming into her life with the initial N Huh but i agree with you, it didn't look very good
08-01-2011, 11:56 AM
(08-01-2011 11:08 AM)crystal778 Wrote:  Yes, I was watching last night ~ it was a shame as the evening had been very good to watch for a change, with not too many "mutes" and interesting chats on the desk.
I must admit I cringed when she was reading it out and misunderstood it ~ it must be difficult for them to "tune in" to a text as they have to be so quick {only 60 seconds a text as Debbie always says} ~ who knows, maybe the lady has someone coming into her life with the initial N Huh but i agree with you, it didn't look very good

I am loosing faith with text messages. I know that sometimes they hit the mark with their responses - hence the feedback text. But this has happened on this show and others shows were either the psychic or the presenter has misinterpreted the question as we may see it (or even posed it), missed out key words etc.

Yet with the example above, it makes me wonder if the psychic giving the reading, doesnt really get anything - they just wing it with their response??

I have text the same psychic in one show with the same question (not the one above). The only difference being in one I used initials for the people concerned and the other full name of the people concerned. I was expecting the answer given to be the same.Afterall it relates to the same people. Yet the first response was - No this person wont contact and in the second the prediction was - three weeks. I dont rate this psychic any more, yet so many do....
08-01-2011, 01:56 PM
(08-01-2011 11:08 AM)crystal778 Wrote:  Yes, I was watching last night ~ it was a shame as the evening had been very good to watch for a change, with not too many "mutes" and interesting chats on the desk.

Hi Crystal778,

I agree with you, that the show was very interesting to watch with all the topics. I glued for sometime.

But I switched off after that particular text that Joylina did, it was cringing and put me off.

Can you imagine how that person was feeling that sent in the text? Its not as if you get a refund.
08-01-2011, 01:59 PM
(08-01-2011 11:56 AM)Eridanus Wrote:  

I am loosing faith with text messages. I know that sometimes they hit the mark with their responses - hence the feedback text. But this has happened on this show and others shows were either the psychic or the presenter has misinterpreted the question as we may see it (or even posed it), missed out key words etc.

Yet with the example above, it makes me wonder if the psychic giving the reading, doesnt really get anything - they just wing it with their response??

I have text the same psychic in one show with the same question (not the one above). The only difference being in one I used initials for the people concerned and the other full name of the people concerned. I was expecting the answer given to be the same.Afterall it relates to the same people. Yet the first response was - No this person wont contact and in the second the prediction was - three weeks. I dont rate this psychic any more, yet so many do....

Hi Eridanus,

I know exactly what you are saying. Also, I've noticed on both channels there seems to be a favouritism thing going on where the regulars texters seem to get their texts read out everyday and several times aswell. Not really giving the rest of us a chance.
08-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I AM glad to hear,or ( maybe not feeling sorry for the recipient of the text reading,) that texts are being mis-read by the psychics on THIS show as well as others. You can't say it's because they are in a hurry to get as many texts read as possible as they aren't doing that either!!!

HeartHeart
09-01-2011, 01:11 PM
(08-01-2011 01:59 PM)Blair Wrote:  Hi Eridanus,

I know exactly what you are saying. Also, I've noticed on both channels there seems to be a favouritism thing going on where the regulars texters seem to get their texts read out everyday and several times aswell. Not really giving the rest of us a chance.

[/quote]

Hi Blair,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks there is some sort of favouritism going one with the same people getting their texts answered, although not so much on 885, but 886 is terrible for it, with the same people and same questions time after time and even in the same day with different psychics.
I've given up with 886 now after sending in two texts {different days} and neither of them getting answered or even being forwarded to the mystic team ~ but they sure as heck had their money!
09-01-2011, 03:15 PM
(09-01-2011 01:11 PM)crystal778 Wrote:  

Hi Blair,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks there is some sort of favouritism going one with the same people getting their texts answered, although not so much on 885, but 886 is terrible for it, with the same people and same questions time after time and even in the same day with different psychics.
I've given up with 886 now after sending in two texts {different days} and neither of them getting answered or even being forwarded to the mystic team ~ but they sure as heck had their money!
[/quote]

Hi,

I have had that happen too. I know someone who will phone the customer services team when that happens and makes sure her text gets through - afterall its been paid for.

I keep thinking I should regsiter my name to one of the favourites Angel - In another thread, the one abut what we would like to see there are more comments about Mystic.

I have also found out that if you change your mobile number, I have got a PAYG sim for texting in (so I dont spend to much) and after my first text, it didnt go onto the screen. It was re-directed Mystic, and rather than getting a reading I got a

'Please reply with you name and FULL date of birth. We cannot answer without this. You must be 18 to use this service. Love and Light x'

So if you reply thats another £1.53 to them, for a text already submitted. For new numbers that text the show, and that get re-directed - the reply text should be a free text.
10-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Oh no! I never saw it but I was switching between Psychic and Soul and Psychic Interactive on that particular night. I like Joylina too as she gave me a good reading and I thought she was good. I have seen this happen on Psychic TV a few times where the presenter has read the text wrong and it has been so obvious but the guest psychic still reads. Sometimes the producer has butted in and corrected the presenter before the psychic responds but that hasn't happened in all cases. It is really embarrassing because in a way it does make the psychic out to be a fraud. I'm sure the person who sent in the text wasn't pleased and probably decided there and then that it was all a load of nonsense. Don't think it will stop people from texting Joylina though.
11-01-2011, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2011 09:49 PM by Blair.)
(09-01-2011 03:15 PM)Eridanus Wrote:  
(09-01-2011 01:11 PM)crystal778 Wrote:  

Hi Blair,

Hi,

I have had that happen too. I know someone who will phone the customer services team when that happens and makes sure her text gets through - afterall its been paid for.

I keep thinking I should regsiter my name to one of the favourites Angel - In another thread, the one abut what we would like to see there are more comments about Mystic.

I have also found out that if you change your mobile number, I have got a PAYG sim for texting in (so I dont spend to much) and after my first text, it didnt go onto the screen. It was re-directed Mystic, and rather than getting a reading I got a

'Please reply with you name and FULL date of birth. We cannot answer without this. You must be 18 to use this service. Love and Light x'

So if you reply thats another £1.53 to them, for a text already submitted. For new numbers that text the show, and that get re-directed - the reply text should be a free text.

[/quote]

Hi Eridanus,

That has also happened to me when sending in a text to be read out on screen, sent to the mystic service and for them to ask me for my personal details.

Surely this is classed as fraud, as they have taken our £1.53, so therefore they should provide the service as stated on screen/website and answer the question.

Watchdog springs to my mind.....

Its false advertising to state that your text will be answered, but then take your money and then ask you another question for which you will be paying again. Costing £3.06 pence!

Not good....