Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SCEPTIC attack on Psychic TV have you bothered to read this?
07-08-2011, 06:42 PM
SCEPTIC attack on Psychic TV have you bothered to read this?
http://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/...-and-ofcom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2011, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 06:49 PM by DreamDetective.)
RE: SCEPTIC attack on Psychic TV have you bothered to read this?
Lets make this clear, I have speed camera's and speed bumps outside my home. Because drivers went to fast and would not slow down and keep within the law. Camera's in the town centre watching every move we make. Because drunks and idiots smash the place up. We get all this control over us because we refuse to keep to the rules. I want to keep all the psychic tv and lines open because people enjoy the entertainment they provide. It will only take a few psychics to get it all banned. Is that what you want? We must get together and all of us must stay within the strict rules of broadcasting and Phone Pay Plus and all the others who regulate us. Nothing to do with wanting to pick on anyone other than those guilty of bringing us down. I do seem to be the only person on this board who does care and that amazes me. http://www.dream-detective.com
07-08-2011, 07:15 PM
(07-08-2011 06:49 PM)DreamDetective Wrote:  Lets make this clear, I have speed camera's and speed bumps outside my home. Because drivers went to fast and would not slow down and keep within the law. Camera's in the town centre watching every move we make. Because drunks and idiots smash the place up. We get all this control over us because we refuse to keep to the rules. I want to keep all the psychic tv and lines open because people enjoy the entertainment they provide. It will only take a few psychics to get it all banned. Is that what you want? We must get together and all of us must stay within the strict rules of broadcasting and Phone Pay Plus and all the others who regulate us. Nothing to do with wanting to pick on anyone other than those guilty of bringing us down. I do seem to be the only person on this board who does care and that amazes me. http://www.dream-detective.com

I think we all care, none of us want to see any of the programmes closed down as they offer an amazing service. I think this has blown out of all proportion and has nothing to do with the title of the thread. The people on this forum have made blatantly clear what they think of Wayne Isaacs and his behaviour there is nothing for me to add to this only my agreement. Lets all try and get along as we have a common interest.Smile
07-08-2011, 07:25 PM
There is working together, but why create thread after thread, about the same thing?

I have seen other threads that you have started, where people have suggested ways to tackle the problem of OfCom and the rules, but you ignore those responses and just start another thread.

Nothing will ever be achieved without any consistency, of approach.
08-08-2011, 07:27 AM
I love the comment at the end of the article where the user comments about how a man in a dress conned their parents into letting him pour water over their head when they were a baby and telling the parents that the child would go to paradise when it died. If we can sell this belief system then why not any other?
09-08-2011, 10:24 AM
(07-08-2011 07:15 PM)Mooncat Wrote:  
(07-08-2011 06:49 PM)DreamDetective Wrote:  Lets make this clear, I have speed camera's and speed bumps outside my home. Because drivers went to fast and would not slow down and keep within the law. Camera's in the town centre watching every move we make. Because drunks and idiots smash the place up. We get all this control over us because we refuse to keep to the rules. I want to keep all the psychic tv and lines open because people enjoy the entertainment they provide. It will only take a few psychics to get it all banned. Is that what you want? We must get together and all of us must stay within the strict rules of broadcasting and Phone Pay Plus and all the others who regulate us. Nothing to do with wanting to pick on anyone other than those guilty of bringing us down. I do seem to be the only person on this board who does care and that amazes me. http://www.dream-detective.com

I think we all care, none of us want to see any of the programmes closed down as they offer an amazing service. I think this has blown out of all proportion and has nothing to do with the title of the thread. The people on this forum have made blatantly clear what they think of Wayne Isaacs and his behaviour there is nothing for me to add to this only my agreement. Lets all try and get along as we have a common interest.Smile

MOONCAT, I am not sure many do care here. It seems like a bully corner in a playground. I posted an article written back in November by a person not linked to me in an way. I was hoping there would be intelligent comments about the article and perhaps even the motives behind the writing of it. It seems none of the people here are interested in anything other than the having control of a message board. This is a thread in its own right about a very serious article and a complaint about a channel I enjoy watching. All I see so far is the same mob mentality we are seeing looting and burning on our streets, the internet gave a voice to those mobs. I just wonder if anyone will read the article linked and make serious comments about it. Somehow I doubt it.
09-08-2011, 10:26 AM
(07-08-2011 08:09 PM)Muffins Wrote:  I agree, I've responded, only to be ignored and no way forward to try and keep these channels in business is suggested! The creation of new threads on the same topic, do not work in any way to keep the channels going.

Why start the threads if things aren't managed in a way to move things forward?

Did you bother to read the article on the link and if you did, do you not see it warrants a thread and serious comment. No I bet you did not bother to do that.
09-08-2011, 10:55 AM
(09-08-2011 10:26 AM)DreamDetective Wrote:  
(07-08-2011 08:09 PM)Muffins Wrote:  I agree, I've responded, only to be ignored and no way forward to try and keep these channels in business is suggested! The creation of new threads on the same topic, do not work in any way to keep the channels going.

Why start the threads if things aren't managed in a way to move things forward?

Did you bother to read the article on the link and if you did, do you not see it warrants a thread and serious comment. No I bet you did not bother to do that.

Your not slow when it comes to making rash generalisation's about people. I would imagine that most on here would have read the article, yet the above comment by myself and Muffins is a very valid point. You have failed to respond to that.
09-08-2011, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 11:26 AM by Eridanus.)
(09-08-2011 10:24 AM)DreamDetective Wrote:  
(07-08-2011 07:15 PM)Mooncat Wrote:  
I think we all care, none of us want to see any of the programmeOs closed down as they offer an amazing service. I think this has blown out of all proportion and has nothing to do with the title of the thread. The people on this forum have made blatantly clear what they think of Wayne Isaacs and his behaviour there is nothing for me to add to this only my agreement. Lets all try and get along as we have a common interest.Smile

MOONCAT, I am not sure many do care here. It seems like a bully corner in a playground. I posted an article written back in November by a person not linked to me in an way. I was hoping there would be intelligent comments about the article and perhaps even the motives behind the writing of it. It seems none of the people here are interested in anything other than the having control of a message board. This is a thread in its own right about a very serious article and
a complaint about a channel I enjoy watching. All I see so far is the same mob mentality we are seeing looting and burning on our streets, the internet gave a
voice to those mobs. I just wonder if anyone will read the article linked and make serious comments about it. Somehow I doubt it.

I am stunned, but not surprised that you are now claiming we have the same mob mentality as the looters and rioters. You really are a strange little man, with an even smaller mind to make such a comparison. One day we are all unintelligent and the next day this?

The article and its contents, if you cared to read the other threads on here, rather than constantly creating your own about the same topic, it has already been discussed. We don't require articles to talk intelligently.

Although with your comments above, I think any credibility you may have once had, has vanished.
09-08-2011, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 11:12 AM by flamered.)
I do not think it is right to tar people with the same brush or insult people's intelligence. The majority of people on here seem to want to know more about the psychic world, want to ensure that it is used safely, that is regulated both to protect psychics who work with integrity and the callers, and actually get to a place whereby the psychic world can be respected generally because the elements which may be holding it back are resolved..The majority of 'tension' seems to stem from the clash between an entertainment style channel and the essence of spirituality and furthermore within this the element of a money making machine for the companies behind these TV shows. And form this money making aspect many have felt 'mis sold' with the mis-representation of the advertising of the psychic world. Actually, what I am saying is that underneath it all I think we all, including you DD are actually asking for the same things..many sceptics and general public perceive the psychic world to be one that 'preys' on vulnerable people..I think most of us simply want to see that view changed as greater education on how to use readings responsibly and greater transparency and checks are put in place to make using psychics safer and about empowerment and positivity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Has anyone read recently with yona Farrell ? Private reader... jaks 8 1,265 15-03-2018 11:12 AM
Last Post: jaks
  Have you ever been ripped off by the psychic? READ THIS Twilight 24 5,069 03-11-2015 03:27 PM
Last Post: Alice Cooper
  ADMIN please read it Charmed 15 2,477 14-08-2015 03:59 PM
Last Post: DogLover11
Smile any psychic prepared to read me** Alice Cooper 17 3,124 26-03-2015 07:18 PM
Last Post: Enrico
  read this: Spiritual Beer Cans 1 813 19-12-2014 10:00 AM
Last Post: leon
  Please read before you call a "psychic" asking if your ex will return. Lois123 42 21,396 18-09-2014 12:27 PM
Last Post: ally
  Really sad to read this iamacolincookfan 0 1,029 27-07-2014 12:45 AM
Last Post: iamacolincookfan
  interesting read..dailymail 2008 chrisw316 9 2,003 22-05-2013 12:07 AM
Last Post: chrisw316
  validations.. have a read.. chrisw316 0 1,360 13-05-2013 12:30 AM
Last Post: chrisw316